boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #61
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs Demarco - How do you see it Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
fosho. it's on, it wont be close.
haha we will see, if demarco comes in scared broner will do him in but if he comes in no respect and puts pressure his heart chin and pressure will win the night
Doc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #62
panchman69
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

i think demarco has the height, reach. and southpaw style to catch broner with a left straight and ko his arrogant ass.
panchman69 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #63
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I favor Broner to win on points or stop DeMarco late. I think he's going to walk him down and take away his jab early, and from there, catch him with straight punches. DeMarco moves his waist pretty good, but Broner has the speed and accuracy to get him with straight punches down the pipe consistently while advancing with his guard up, trying to replicate Mayweather-Judah. DeMarco can take a good beating, but if Broner increases the volume late, which he might in trying to make a statement in a next-level performance, DeMarco's corner might have no choice but to stop the fight on cuts or pure damage.

Then again, the other side of the coin rests on Broner's defensive habits. As the HBO commentators mentioned before, he widens his stance, perhaps for power, but either way, it limits his mobility. He relies on catching and leaning back from punches. Leaning straight back in boxing is a liability, but it becomes even more of one when your opponent is a southpaw, and they can get the angle to land that straight left down the pipe. Given DeMarco's lanky dimensions, this becomes even more of a liability. If Broner comes out defensive and trying to outbox him on the back-foot with a low guard, I see him eating a solid left hand and getting in trouble. This may even happen later in the fight anyways, since DeMarco is so aggressive and durable. But in that case, I think Broner passes the test and continues to win on points. I see him being able to handle DeMarco on the inside and tying him up any time he gets close.

I'd love to see DeMarco feint and push him back and catch him with a hard straight left early, but it all depends on how composed Broner is. DeMarco is no Ponce de Leon. We'll see how much he's really improved since then.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnc4K5fP1ws[/ame]
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #64
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I favor Broner to win on points or stop DeMarco late. I think he's going to walk him down and take away his jab early, and from there, catch him with straight punches. DeMarco moves his waist pretty good, but Broner has the speed and accuracy to get him with straight punches down the pipe consistently while advancing with his guard up, trying to replicate Mayweather-Judah. DeMarco can take a good beating, but if Broner increases the volume late, which he might in trying to make a statement in a next-level performance, DeMarco's corner might have no choice but to stop the fight on cuts or pure damage.

Then again, the other side of the coin rests on Broner's defensive habits. As the HBO commentators mentioned before, he widens his stance, perhaps for power, but either way, it limits his mobility. He relies on catching and leaning back from punches. Leaning straight back in boxing is a liability, but it becomes even more of one when your opponent is a southpaw, and they can get the angle to land that straight left down the pipe. Given DeMarco's lanky dimensions, this becomes even more of a liability. If Broner comes out defensive and trying to outbox him on the back-foot with a low guard, I see him eating a solid left hand and getting in trouble. This may even happen later in the fight anyways, since DeMarco is so aggressive and durable. But in that case, I think Broner passes the test and continues to win on points. I see him being able to handle DeMarco on the inside and tying him up any time he gets close.

I'd love to see DeMarco feint and push him back and catch him with a hard straight left early, but it all depends on how composed Broner is. DeMarco is no Ponce de Leon. We'll see how much he's really improved since then.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cool break down bro,

In your opinion H2H skill wise how do you see Demarco's skills compared to PDL? better or worse? It is a great test for broner and to see if he has really improved.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #65
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Cool break down bro,

In your opinion H2H skill wise how do you see Demarco's skills compared to PDL? better or worse? It is a great test for broner and to see if he has really improved.
Thanks! Good question, I was asking myself that while watching those highlights. I think PDL has the more varied combinations and a better guard, overall more solid fundamentals, but DeMarco is more explosive in bursts and seems to pack more into his power punches, turning into them more. He's a bit more awkward as well. PDL was consistently competitive, I think DeMarco is more dangerous but easier to neutralize in a number of rounds. Linares used more lateral movement than Broner did, but still, DeMarco wasn't putting together more than one shot effectively until Linares was a bleeding mess. I've been trying to look for footage of the fight with Miguel Roman to see how/if DeMarco breaks down gradually or sets up the KO in the 5th with any consistent offensive, but I can't find it. A hard straight left against Molina Jr. doesn't tell us much about the kind of pressure he might come at Broner with.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #66
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Found this one, Very excited for this fight, broner recently hasn't been in a boring fight and I like the kid specially when he is agressive, hope we get an aggressive broner for fireworks instead of the track runner.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWjXjY_wm0&feature=relmfu[/ame]
Doc is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #67
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

From that clip, it looks like DeMarco relies a lot on parrying and feinting with the lead hand to set up the straight left to the head. It doesn't seem like he mixes up the right or the left to the body much and comes straight in pretty often. That's why I think Broner will be able to get off first and see everything coming.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #68
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
Broner will break him down.

KO Broner. Round 6 or 7.
Like he broke down ponce de leon?
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #69
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

Takes me back to the dulorme fight.Is broner hiding a glass mandible?
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #70
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
Pure speculation and wishful thinking on your part.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #71
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
fosho. it's on, it wont be close.

Our bet is voided then.

Good luck with your new one.
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #72
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
^^This is the 20,000 dollar question.
I suspect Broner's chin is made of pure china.
(Reminds me of a fighter "Fast" Eddie Hopson)
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #73
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
^^This is the 20,000 dollar question.
I suspect Broner's chin is made of pure china.
(Reminds me of a fighter "Fast" Eddie Hopson)

****ing hilarious. All these Broner haters wishing he has a glass jaw because they know it's the only chance they have to see him lose against Demarco. You know you're desperate when you resort to **** like that.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #74
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post

****ing hilarious. All these Broner haters wishing he has a glass jaw because they know it's the only chance they have to see him lose against Demarco. You know you're desperate when you resort to **** like that.
I don't hate Broner.
(Just would like to see what his chin is made of, that's all)
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #75
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
haha we will see, if demarco comes in scared broner will do him in but if he comes in no respect and puts pressure his heart chin and pressure will win the night
I can't see the one just decimating the other. Demarco will get stopped late if he does imo and the one who would get stopped earlier is Broner.

BTW is the Quintero-Broner fight worth watching/studying before leading up to this fight? I've already seen the PDL fight and will rewatch it possibly before Nov 17 and I wasn't impressed at all with Broner he looked lost.

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
From that clip, it looks like DeMarco relies a lot on parrying and feinting with the lead hand to set up the straight left to the head. It doesn't seem like he mixes up the right or the left to the body much and comes straight in pretty often. That's why I think Broner will be able to get off first and see everything coming.
Quote:
Thanks! Good question, I was asking myself that while watching those highlights. I think PDL has the more varied combinations and a better guard, overall more solid fundamentals, but DeMarco is more explosive in bursts and seems to pack more into his power punches, turning into them more. He's a bit more awkward as well. PDL was consistently competitive, I think DeMarco is more dangerous but easier to neutralize in a number of rounds. Linares used more lateral movement than Broner did, but still, DeMarco wasn't putting together more than one shot effectively until Linares was a bleeding mess. I've been trying to look for footage of the fight with Miguel Roman to see how/if DeMarco breaks down gradually or sets up the KO in the 5th with any consistent offensive, but I can't find it. A hard straight left against Molina Jr. doesn't tell us much about the kind of pressure he might come at Broner with.

Great ****ysis as usual. Don't know much about either fighter to make a bold prediction or breakdown myself. Just stepping back and enjoying comments such as yours.
techks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum