Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Last minute predictions for Khan v. St Clair?

I have Khan by technical knockout in the 10th.
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
jabber the gut

Default Re: Last minute predictions for Khan v. St Clair?

khan to win late rounds,but do people think its about time khan stopped fighting midgets and blown up featherweights lets get him in with someone his own size.khan is good but i think he is being lined up for a big fall the minute he fights a guy with a big punch.
jabber the gut is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber the gut
khan to win late rounds,but do people think its about time khan stopped fighting midgets and blown up featherweights lets get him in with someone his own size.khan is good but i think he is being lined up for a big fall the minute he fights a guy with a big punch.
Yeah...but how old is Khan again? How much experience does he have? Why not give the lad time to improve and develop and become the best he can be before throwing him to the wolves? What's the rush?

Only reason people get impatient and want him to take on dangerous top-class opposition is because of the hype. Don't buy the hype and give the lad a fair run and let's criticise him after he's clocked at least 20 fights or so and has 3-4 years' pro experience behind him.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
jabber the gut

fair coment but i just think he is there for the taking for someone with a real bang.i hope he keeps improving a gives england a genuine world champ,i have a feeling the first real test he will be ko.but as you said give him a chance he is one of the best upcoming young guns out there so time will tell
Old 02-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

5'10" vs 5'4"... hmmm, well done Amir.
FRKO is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKO
5'10" vs 5'4"... hmmm, well done Amir.
When the fight was first announced St. Clair was 5'4". He seems to have grown since then and now appears to be about 5'6". The way things are going he will be bigger than Khan come tonight.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #7
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Yeah...but how old is Khan again? How much experience does he have? Why not give the lad time to improve and develop and become the best he can be before throwing him to the wolves? What's the rush?

Only reason people get impatient and want him to take on dangerous top-class opposition is because of the hype. Don't buy the hype and give the lad a fair run and let's criticise him after he's clocked at least 20 fights or so and has 3-4 years' pro experience behind him.

Thats all very well but it seems to me that it is Khan himself that is the impatient one and in the biggest rush.

As for the hype - Khan seems to have bought into it as he certainly comes across like he believes it at times.
elle is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
jabber the gut

Too true my dear.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Only reason people get impatient and want him to take on dangerous top-class opposition is because of the hype.
This is not the only reason. A lot of genuine boxing fans want him to take on a dangerous opponent purely to see him get starched. It would be worth it just to see the look on FW face.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

i am a huge khan critic, i dont like his billy big bollox attitude, but i have to admit, this is a great match up at this stage of his carrear, st clair is decent, yes a little on the small side, but a live opponent with good experience.
stuey is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This fight is going the distance with some scary moments for Khan in the late rounds. But overall and easy methodical victory for Khan by UD.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #12
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Thats all very well but it seems to me that it is Khan himself that is the impatient one and in the biggest rush.

As for the hype - Khan seems to have bought into it as he certainly comes across like he believes it at times.
Yes perhaps at times but really he is a kid surround by all what most wishes for and its bound to get to you at some point. In any case, I've heard his interviews about St. Clair, he came across as much more mature.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #13
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber the gut
i have a feeling the first real test he will be ko.
His chin doesn't look that great...but who knows...maybe it's better than we think and with experience and better defense, he can make it. Mundine could.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 AM   #14
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle

True...and this is the reason why I'm not enamoured with Khan. He's bought the hype about himself big time and sometimes acts like a ****...he never used to...was a really nice guy... ...Also, I agree that he comes across as a bit childish with his "youngest British World Champ" ambition...he would be better off concentrating on becoming the most successful British World Champ...which he fail to be at the first bi hurdle if he rushes into deep waters too early. ******'ll take care of him, though...one thing about ******...never takes unnecessary risks...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #15
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
This is not the only reason. A lot of genuine boxing fans want him to take on a dangerous opponent purely to see him get starched. It would be worth it just to see the look on FW face.
True...though for the sake of British boxing and a young man's life dreams (albeit an immature and sometimes ****y young man), might be better if he wasn't...
Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum