Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Foreman openly commented on how he wouldn't want to fight Lewis in the 90s ... even at Foreman's advanced age he never really seemed to back down from a fight, especially for the undisputed HW crown, but he legitimately did not want to fight Lewis. He even lauded him as the best HW champ of all time after beating a shot Tyson who was only there for financial reasons.

So who wins if a prime Foreman fights a prime Lewis?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Foreman vs. Lennox Lewis

Unless Foreman lands something collosal, square on the chin of Lewis as he's coming in, the way that McCall did, he's ****ed. A post 1994 Lennox with a better defense and sense of respect for big punchers, isn't likely to give him that oppertunity. Which means that Foreman will get picked apart from the outside, and take some very hard shots along the way, leading to a stoppage more sooner than later.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In my opinion Foreman certainly has a chance to win, but Lewis has more ways of winning. By best guess is that Lewis would try and keep this fight at long range and use his jab and overhand right and left hook, to nullify Foreman's desire to get in close. Meanwhile foreman would be trying to cut the ring off and get Lewis up against the ropes. I think he'd find some success doing this but I think the bigger Lewis ties him up as quickly as he can and who the ref is could be important.

Occassionally Lewis may even try fighting back if he felts he's getting trapped against the ropes and he may even sneak in an upper cut every now and then, but at close quarters Lewis is mostly in survival mode, and at long range Lewis has control.

I think over the course of the fight, Foreman gets hit enough for it to affect his vision and Lewis takes him out in the later rounds.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
In my opinion Foreman certainly has a chance to win, but Lewis has more ways of winning. By best guess is that Lewis would try and keep this fight at long range and use his jab and overhand right and left hook, to nullify Foreman's desire to get in close. Meanwhile foreman would be trying to cut the ring off and get Lewis up against the ropes. I think he'd find some success doing this but I think the bigger Lewis ties him up as quickly as he can and who the ref is could be important.

Occassionally Lewis may even try fighting back if he felts he's getting trapped against the ropes and he may even sneak in an upper cut every now and then, but at close quarters Lewis is mostly in survival mode, and at long range Lewis has control.

I think over the course of the fight, Foreman gets hit enough for it to affect his vision and Lewis takes him out in the later rounds.
Pretty much. Good post.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Lewis KO, speed and technical skill see him landing his big shots first and sparking Foreman out
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

Foreman always has a punchers chance and then some. if lennox gets ****y and drops his hands alla rahman/McCall Foreman could definitely do the same thing. Anytime you have a puncher like Big George your in trouble until the last bell rings he's always dangerous, can take a ton of punishment, composed (90's foreman) doesn't care about points, has a good jab and a right hand that could knock an elephant out. I dont mean that George doesnt have a chance i'm just saying he's gotta catch lennox with something because obviously he's not winning a decision. That always kind of struck me as odd when George proclaimed lennox as the best heavyweight champion of all time for beating the ghost of Mike Tyson lol.
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Lewis in his prime was a better fighter than Foreman in his pre-comeback career but George was a punching force from round 1-5....Lewis would have the Stamina edge but Lewis never KO'd a man past the 8th so my guess is Lewis gets to George before the end of 8 rounds...George could hurt Lennox and put him on a downward spiral, George hit harder than McCall & Rahman so I would not write him off......you never really know with punchers
Bummy Davis is online now  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
clinikill
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Foreman has a puncher's chance, but I wouldn't bet on him. Lennox is far ahead of Foreman in the skills department. Lewis's jab and right hand would be hell for any version of George. Lewis was also very cautious when he fought punchers, so I wouldn't expect him to leave his chin open for a Foreman bomb.

Lewis wins via a mid-round KO.

Last edited by clinikill; 11-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.
clinikill is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Foreman KO5
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Lewis KO. But I wouldn't bet on it.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i'd put money on lewis, but not for the reason that ring said: because lewis would out muscle and push foreman around. no one does that.

he'd outjab foreman, was technically FAR superior and was able to put his punches together much better. young foreman had more hand and foot speed than his older counterpart but his stamina was for shit. old foreman couldn't throw consistent combinations, had the mobility of the ****ing Dalek but his chin was absurb.

young foreman loses by KO
old foreman loses UD

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 11-02-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Foreman stops him in 5
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
i'd put money on lewis, but not for the reason that ring said: because lewis would out muscle and push foreman around. no one does that.

he'd outjab foreman, was technically FAR superior and was able to put his punches together much better. young foreman had more hand and foot speed than his older counterpart but his stamina was for shit. old foreman couldn't throw consistent combinations, had the mobility of the ****ing Dalek but his chin was absurb.

old foreman loses UD
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

George was right in his apprehension concerning Lewis.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post

old foreman loses UD
..This precisely Nightcrawler
red cobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum