Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
ryanty22
VRWC Sledgehammer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Tank abbot vs kimbo Your thoughts?

Tank will face former street bare-knuckle fighter, now turned MMA fighter, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on September 14, 2007 at CFFC 6. thats a line from wikipedia. i think tank can pretty easily handle kimbo but you never know. what do you think?
ryanty22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 AM   #2
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tank abbot vs kimbo Your thoughts?

Well this would be interesting.Tank is an old vet.But his exactly that an OLD vet.He never brought nothing to the octagon other than his street fighting gutter mentality.Id hardly call him a mixed martial artist.His ground game is non extistent and all he ever brought to the octagon was intensity and raw power.This being said with his better experience standing up he could certainly get the best of Kimbo.But he often loses more than he wins these days..
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Tank will get crushed.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Tanks biiggest problem is his condition, he looses alot of his fights because of his conditioning, but with some notice on this one maybe he'll do a little bit to get in shape.I'm sure he'll want to be ready to fight another street fighter.

I don't know how you would say tank will be crushed, this fight is tough to pick for me.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

The problem with tank is that he is so limited in his fight game. If they just did a stand up bare knuckle backyard type fight that Kimbo usually does, than I would probably say Tank might take him out brutally. However, Tank is just so old now, and he wasn't that good to begin with. Also, his conditioning is just horrible. Tanks obviously got a chance to land some heavy leather and knock Kimbo out, and his strength will definitely match Kimbo's if Kimbo tries to bully him around... but only for about 2 minutes... then Tank gasses.

My guess is that Kimbo will only get better with even more well rounded training, while Tank just keeps getting older... doesn't look good for Tank. With this sort of match-up though, you never know.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

yeah , if Kimbo get's through a couple minutes, tank will gas out as usual.Kimbo has been training more serious and if he continues training with Bas I think he will be able to beat tank.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Meh, I think Tank will have to go hide in a hole if he loses to Kimbo, and he knows it. I'd expect him to pick up his game significantly, if he loses to Kimbo he really loses just about any credibility he has, which at this point is very little.

Lets not forget Tank shouldn't be the easiest guy for Kimbo to take to his back. I think tank has a background in wrestling? In a smaller cage as the one Kimbo and Mercer fought in, I think Tank will have a slight upper hand early due to his experience.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #8
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

Well, it will probably be a better fight than Tito/Rashad 2 is going to be.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 AM   #9
ryanty22
VRWC Sledgehammer
ESB Senior Member

if tank had just gotten in shape with the wrestling b ackground he has and his ability to take and throw punches he shoulda been one of the all time greats. its rediculous how good he coulda been rather than the one dimentional brawler that got owned by the greats
ryanty22 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanty22
if tank had just gotten in shape with the wrestling b ackground he has and his ability to take and throw punches he shoulda been one of the all time greats. its rediculous how good he coulda been rather than the one dimentional brawler that got owned by the greats
Thats all he ever was! He wrestled years back in college and never built on that.He was just a pit fighter who took advantage of the UFC in its early stages.He didnt bring anything to MMA other than the typical meathead mentality thats prevalent in the UFC.In shape or not the guy is essentially a bum.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum