Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Cassius Clay was 'always' white,,,,,,,,,, just not in America.

As you can see in the Japan released photo, Clay's 'bronzing agent' had not been applied.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

A fraud. Not 1 genuine win since the Doug jones fight

Jones - lost dec. Judges were in on it
Cooper- Cheated
Liston- Retired on stool for money
Liston 2 - Took dive for money
Patterson - FP had a bad back, shouldnt have fought
Chuvalo - George won this but judges were on Ali's payroll
Cooper 2- Beer money fight, shoulda fought Amos Lincoln
London - Another beer money fight, shoulda fought thad spenser
Mildenberger - Another gift, shoulda fought leotis martin
Williams- Another beer money fight, for Williams
Terrell - Shouldnt have won, called ernie names, shoulda fought Brian London again anyway
Zora Folley - Older than george Burns and fought like it. Shoulda fought Wayne Bethea instead
Quarry - Notorious bleeder who was handpicked by Ali's team. Prematurely stopped. Shoulda fought Tommy Farr anyway
Bonavena- Won by TKO when ref mistook Oscars playing possum for him being out on his feet. Shoulda fought Jem Mace anyway
Frazier - Finally exposed as a bum by one of the toughest fighters to ever live who was in his ultimate prime that night in a bout still called F.O.T.C.


There's 1963 to 1971 covered. Not mentioned are his highly questionable wins pre 63 over tunney hunsaker, sonny banks, charlie powell,Alex miteff and 145yr old archie moore.

Nor are his post 71 wins/gifts mentioned like;
Norton 2 and 3 - Judges on the take
Foreman KO - ropes were too loose, too warm, and was ahead on points prior to the KO by simply lying on the ropes doing zilch
Frazier 3 - Was bein ass-whipped by Frazier. Even his glove was beating beat by Fraziers gumshield forcing it to fly outta the ring. Bought eddie futch to stop a fight that joe was winning. Shoulda fought number 81 ranked Danny mc Alinden instead.
Jimmy Young - lost every round
Earnie shavers - judges were on the take



His only genuine win was over Richard Dunn.

This is fact
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 75
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
Cassius Clay was 'always' white,,,,,,,,,, just not in America.

As you can see in the Japan released photo, Clay's 'bronzing agent' had not been applied.
I'm sorry but what the **** are you talking about?
devon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 475
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Johhmaff wrote possibly the single most accurate post on Ali in esb history.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Johhmaff wrote possibly the single most accurate post on Ali in esb history.

He was damn perfect.........

Of course, he conveniently forgot the Tony Esperti bout.

A total fix...
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #21
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7PuJHftNE[/ame]
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #22
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
vCash: 75
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
A fraud. Not 1 genuine win since the Doug jones fight

Jones - lost dec. Judges were in on it
Cooper- Cheated
Liston- Retired on stool for money
Liston 2 - Took dive for money
Patterson - FP had a bad back, shouldnt have fought
Chuvalo - George won this but judges were on Ali's payroll
Cooper 2- Beer money fight, shoulda fought Amos Lincoln
London - Another beer money fight, shoulda fought thad spenser
Mildenberger - Another gift, shoulda fought leotis martin
Williams- Another beer money fight, for Williams
Terrell - Shouldnt have won, called ernie names, shoulda fought Brian London again anyway
Zora Folley - Older than george Burns and fought like it. Shoulda fought Wayne Bethea instead
Quarry - Notorious bleeder who was handpicked by Ali's team. Prematurely stopped. Shoulda fought Tommy Farr anyway
Bonavena- Won by TKO when ref mistook Oscars playing possum for him being out on his feet. Shoulda fought Jem Mace anyway
Frazier - Finally exposed as a bum by one of the toughest fighters to ever live who was in his ultimate prime that night in a bout still called F.O.T.C.


There's 1963 to 1971 covered. Not mentioned are his highly questionable wins pre 63 over tunney hunsaker, sonny banks, charlie powell,Alex miteff and 145yr old archie moore.

Nor are his post 71 wins/gifts mentioned like;
Norton 2 and 3 - Judges on the take
Foreman KO - ropes were too loose, too warm, and was ahead on points prior to the KO by simply lying on the ropes doing zilch
Frazier 3 - Was bein ass-whipped by Frazier. Even his glove was beating beat by Fraziers gumshield forcing it to fly outta the ring. Bought eddie futch to stop a fight that joe was winning. Shoulda fought number 81 ranked Danny mc Alinden instead.
Jimmy Young - lost every round
Earnie shavers - judges were on the take



His only genuine win was over Richard Dunn.

This is fact
Yeah, good call on Jem Mace.
He called Frazier names too.
And in Frazier 2 the ref was on the take.
Ali's actual record: 17 wins, 44 losses.
Boggle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

JM,,,,,,

What was your call, with Antonio Inoki -

Muhammad said every round-eye'd person had him winning by 2-points.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #24
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
JM,,,,,,

What was your call, with Antonio Inoki -

Muhammad said every round-eye'd person had him winning by 2-points.
Ali didnt fight fair. Wouldnt let Inoki get up off his back for the entire fight
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #25
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,115
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

In my observation, SNV is a big man.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #26
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

He also resorted to fighting the Beatles
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #27
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

One of the greatest boxers ever.
One of the greatest showmen ever.

He made some terrible mistakes pertaining to his wealth and health though. There's a lesson to be learned there.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #28
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 4120
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
A fraud. Not 1 genuine win since the Doug jones fight

Jones - lost dec. Judges were in on it
Cooper- Cheated
Liston- Retired on stool for money
Liston 2 - Took dive for money
Patterson - FP had a bad back, shouldnt have fought
Chuvalo - George won this but judges were on Ali's payroll
Cooper 2- Beer money fight, shoulda fought Amos Lincoln
London - Another beer money fight, shoulda fought thad spenser
Mildenberger - Another gift, shoulda fought leotis martin
Williams- Another beer money fight, for Williams
Terrell - Shouldnt have won, called ernie names, shoulda fought Brian London again anyway
Zora Folley - Older than george Burns and fought like it. Shoulda fought Wayne Bethea instead
Quarry - Notorious bleeder who was handpicked by Ali's team. Prematurely stopped. Shoulda fought Tommy Farr anyway
Bonavena- Won by TKO when ref mistook Oscars playing possum for him being out on his feet. Shoulda fought Jem Mace anyway
Frazier - Finally exposed as a bum by one of the toughest fighters to ever live who was in his ultimate prime that night in a bout still called F.O.T.C.


There's 1963 to 1971 covered. Not mentioned are his highly questionable wins pre 63 over tunney hunsaker, sonny banks, charlie powell,Alex miteff and 145yr old archie moore.

Nor are his post 71 wins/gifts mentioned like;
Norton 2 and 3 - Judges on the take
Foreman KO - ropes were too loose, too warm, and was ahead on points prior to the KO by simply lying on the ropes doing zilch
Frazier 3 - Was bein ass-whipped by Frazier. Even his glove was beating beat by Fraziers gumshield forcing it to fly outta the ring. Bought eddie futch to stop a fight that joe was winning. Shoulda fought number 81 ranked Danny mc Alinden instead.
Jimmy Young - lost every round
Earnie shavers - judges were on the take



His only genuine win was over Richard Dunn.

This is fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Johhmaff wrote possibly the single most accurate post on Ali in esb history.
It may B , excepting de red parts
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #29
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

What would happen if Klitschko called out Ali's opponents?



Of the 61 fights that Ali fought 29 wouldn't be allowed nowadays as heavyweight because one or both opponents were below 200 lbs at the time of the bout. In other words they would run as cruiser fights (or below) and Klitschko wouldn't be allowed to stage them.


Of the remaining 32 fights Ali lost 4.


Of the remaining 28 fights Ali fought 10x against opponents LIGHTER than Eddie Chambers (Wladimir Klitschko's lightest opponent), thus today's fans would shout "they should move down to cruiserweight" and "it's proof of how the division sucks" or what a mismatch it is.


Of the remaining 18 fights 2 wouldn't be allowed for medical reasons: Joe Frazier was blind on his left eye and Cleveland Williams was gunshot. Another proof of the "dire state of the division"


Of the remaining 16 fights Ali couldn't KO his opponents in 10 fights (within 12 rounds) thus they would be "proof of how featherfisty Wlad is with a KO'ratio of 38%" and that "Marciano would KO this bum Wlad in 1 round"


Of the remaining 6 fights 1 was a bum [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (25-11) which would be another proof for the "worst era in heavyweight boxing"


Of the remaining 5 fights 2 were against guys coming off a loss (Ron Lyle, Alvin Lewis) and fans would accuse Wlad of "cherry-picking".


Of the remaining 3 fights 2 were against [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and fans would speculate about how the mob or Wladimir's radical Muslim friends have illegally influenced the outcome, since both endings (shoulder injury, phantom punch) were highly suspicious. Fans would complain that Sonny Liston didn't come to fight since he chickened out as soon as he saw fit.


The remaining 1 fight was against an opponent who gassed in the heat and sultriness of the rain season in the rain forest (George Foreman) and fans would shout "Lame, nowadays heavies cannot go 15 rounds anymore like Joe Louis".
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #30
groove
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali was one helluva fighter

don't forget the ref handing this win to ali. very poor decision

BORKED
groove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013