boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #61
radianttwilight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fighters You Find It Hard To Respect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza

Pit Bulls are not out bite each other. They are trained to do so.
The rest of your post is logically sound, but I have to call bull**** here.
radianttwilight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #62
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radianttwilight
The rest of your post is logically sound, but I have to call bull**** here.

BS on what? Pit Bulls do not fight at the drop of a hat unless they are ordered to do so, feel threatened or feel their owners / firends are threatened. A friend of mine has a put bull and the dog is extremely friendly.

Jones has many Pit Bulls, and lets them fight. Jones also stuck up for scum bag Mike Vick, who went to prison on illegal dog fighting, and other charges. I think there way too much smoke here to dismiss anything, and Roy Jones himself is adding to the smoke.

I know Roy Jones has many fans, but those who like him outside the ring need to consider if his activities mesh with their values. Those who like Jones in the ring need to consider if him admitting using a steroid like element, and not picking challenges for many years make him a hard guy to root for. The skills are there for sure.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #63
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Golota worst quit job was vs Mike Grant. Golota was in the lead late in the fight, was knocked down, got up and quit when the ref asked if he wants to continue.
And he made up for it with great performances against Byrd and Ruiz where he was robbed.

Supposedly the guy went through hell as a kid on the streets.

No wonder he reverts to violence under serious pressure.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 AM   #64
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1210

Yes I read the article you posted. In particular, the following part:

It is unclear when Jones last allowed his dogs to fight on his property,

Letting dogs fight is not the same thing as making them fight each other. Pit bulls, just like any other dog (and some other animals), sometimes get into fights that are not fights to the death, but are for deciding who's superior in their hierarchy, or who's the leader of the pack. Jones states that:

Jones said he let his dogs fight because they "liked" it. If I had one that did like it, I'd let them go for a few minutes, but that was it.

And I posted another article, where Jones clarified what times he was talking about (which the author of your article says "it's unclear when"):

Jones Jr, says his comments to New York Daily News reporter Ian Begley were taken out of context, saying that he was relating an incident that occurred as a kid in which he had let one of his dogs mix it up with another dog. Jones Jr. denies that he has ever been involved in pitting dogs against one another as an adult, and also confirmed he has never as an adult been present at a real dog fight.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 AM   #65
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

Tyson is up there.

He could've been so much more than he was. And he was a hell of a lot.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #66
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Senya13 Yes I read the article you posted. In particular, the following part:

It is unclear when Jones last allowed his dogs to fight on his property,
This is a legal point only! Roy Jones said he lets his pit bull fight each other, and lets them go at each other for as long as 30 minutes. Face it Seyna, Jones enjoys watching animlas hurt each other. Jones is into **** fighting, which is illegal in 49 of 50 states. Roy Jones supports Mike Vick, a convicted dog fighting ringmaster, and let's his own pit bulls fight. I know you're a Roy Jones fan, but this is pretty much a dead to rights case on Roy Jones ethics.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #67
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If you tried to think about it, if two pit bulls were fighting each other to the death for 30 minutes and were still very much alive, then something is wrong, don't you think? But when you have them doing it the way they usually do (not just pit bulls, but all dogs, cats, etc), it looks more scary than it really is, because they are not fighting to the death, not using their teeth and claws at full capacity but only enough to prove superiority over the other animal. And while it may seem terrifying, but it's more hurting to the loser's status in the pack or between themselves, than to his health.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #68
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
If you tried to think about it, if two pit bulls were fighting each other to the death for 30 minutes and were still very much alive, then something is wrong, don't you think? But when you have them doing it the way they usually do (not just pit bulls, but all dogs, cats, etc), it looks more scary than it really is, because they are not fighting to the death, not using their teeth and claws at full capacity but only enough to prove superiority over the other animal. And while it may seem terrifying, but it's more hurting to the loser's status in the pack or between themselves, than to his health.
Dogs can injure body parts. If Jones really cared about his dogs, he breaks the fights up long before 30 minutes.

What is your stace on Jones breeding roosters for **** fighting?

What is your stance on Jones defending Mike Vick on dog fighting?
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #69
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Several times I've seen dogs somewhat bruised, or sometimes the tip of the ear bitten off, those are the most serious injuries they inflict to each other, no other serious body parts injuries i've ever seen as the result of the fights between them. There are a lot of dogs (not owned by anyone) running around here all the time, and I've often seen them fight or pretend to fight with one other (as dogs are all about hierarchy, and the only two ways to figure superiority is to fight or have one of the dogs admit the other being superior to it without fight). They never do it with serious intentions unless provoked intentionally, and there's not a word from Jones getting them together on purpose.

Jones' statements about Mike Vick he explained himself in detail in the article you quoted, I have nothing else to add to it.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #70
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnasty
Casamayor
whats wron with the casa man?

i know his last fight was horrible but remember this guy got shafted by the wbc and was dodged and avoided by other super feathers. his only shot for recognition was corrales and he took it when corrales waved a contract near his face.

good puncher good boxer. should of got the dicision over castillo and diamond frietas and maybe corrales II.

very hard to be and is known to be awkward as hell.

he is also a decent guy outside the ring...arrogant but not your typical mindless ego
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #71
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89

I'm curious, how many know that the guy in the mugshot in your avatar is Malcolm Little?
if you have seen the roots album the tipping point. this very pic is on the cover

Last edited by divac; 01-31-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #72
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Sven Ottke.

Dariusz Michzeski, belive it or not, some consider him linear champ, but what does that mean without Roy Jones Jr... I know he was a top talent, but respect is always given begrudgingly.

Wladimir Klitscko I know this fella is the best heavyweigt today, but instead of getting excitied for his potential title defences, i weep for better times, and pray for a Mini mike Tyson to come out of the Olympics...

Vernon Forrest/Antonia Tarver - Simply for beating the best p4p boxers in the World at that time, paying money to watch the best ever lose is like like opening your christmas preasants to find out they have all been doused with ****.

Ricardo Mayorga - Liked his wins over Forrest but dont like his attitude or his style of boxing, very crude.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #73
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Luis Resto and his trainer Panama Lewis for that shenanigans they pulled against Billy Collins on the Duran-Moore undercard in 83.' That was lower than a snake's belly and cost the kid his life basically. Alexis Arguello said Lewis belongs in the trash can. Very true.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #74
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

Resto and Lewis both belong dead. Period.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #75
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Resto and Lewis both belong dead. Period.

Agreed.
Sardu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum