Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2030
Default Lennox Lewis vs. Wlad Klitschko.

What if Lenny fought Wlad after beating Vit? Lennox could have been the only man to beat BOTH Klitschkos.
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs. Wlad Klitschko.

Wlad wouldn't be able to take the bombs Vitali did

Lewis via brutal KO in 2
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Sailor Liston

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post

Lewis via brutal KO in 2
Sailor Liston is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2030

I wonder if Wlad would have retired after suffering 4 KO losses.
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I don't think Wlad would have been ready to face Lewis until probably sometime around 2005, at which point Lennox was long gone. Had they met say in early 2004, and assuming Lewis trained more sternly than he did for Vitali, Wlad would have been beaten.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
OvidsExile
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lewis was losing pretty badly on the score cards when they stopped the Vitali fight on cuts. Wladimir was always the better boxer and harder hitter of the two bros. Considering Wladimir is 11 years younger and just entering his prime around then whereas Lewis is 38 already, I think there's only one way for this to go. Lewis gets lit up.

What you guys fail to consider is that Lewis has two embarrassing knockouts on his record as well. Their chins are about the same.
OvidsExile is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovid***ile View Post
Lewis was losing pretty badly on the score cards when they stopped the Vitali fight on cuts. Wladimir was always the better boxer and harder hitter of the two bros. Considering Wladimir is 11 years younger and just entering his prime around then whereas Lewis is 38 already, I think there's only one way for this to go. Lewis gets lit up.

What you guys fail to consider is that Lewis has two embarrassing knockouts on his record as well. Their chins are about the same.
A laughable comparison if I ever saw one. If their chins are about the same then you believe Wlad could take the amount of shots Lewis did against Vitali then?
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im convinced Lewis would have fought Wlad the same way he fought Vitali which was with a lot of pressure and a bit of recklessness, so its conceiveable that Wlad lands a quick lefthook or big right hand and stops Lewis, but the more likely outcome would be Wlad falling apart and getting stopped somewhere in the first three rounds.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post

Lewis via brutal KO in 2
I believe Wlad is superior to Vitali in terms of skill, so while I believe that you are correct that Wlad's chin probably could not stand up to what Vitali was able to absorb....I also think that Wlad was better defensively than Vitali and might not have to absorb such punches and certainly not as many....I also do not see Wlad/Vitali as mirrior images and do not believe that Lewis would fight the same blueprint type of fight....

If Lennox comes in trained as poorly as he was for the Vitali fight I might take Wlad in a stunner type of upset; as it is I will assume that Lewis will realize how poor he looked in spite of his win over Vitali and take this fight serious and drop and stop Wlad in around 9.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Vlad has an outstanding offensive tool set...He has become more careful and cautious under Manny but at the time Vital fought Lennox,or before the time of the Rahman fights...Vlad had an excellent chance to KO Lennox...that being said I would favor Lewis because Vlad was also susceptible....but Vlad had a better chance than most because of his offensive rockets and the fact that Lennox had poor recuperative power once hurt

I like Lewis with a lot of risk of it going the other way and Vlad hits harder than Vitali, more snap,body behind the punch and quicker release but as we all know less durable
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

I think Lewis is the more complete boxer because he could box as well as fight, whereas Wlad can only box (albeit, probably better than Lewis). In 2004, Lewis was pretty old and not as motivated anymore. Even though Wlad's career in 2004 was in bad shape as well, he was still one of the best offensive machines I've ever seen. His footwork, defense and jab and right hand are much better than his bigger brother. I don't think he could take the shots that Vitali had to ship, but he may not have had to, either.

I'm also not sure whether Lewis would still be standing if he took the right hand at 1:50 of round 2 from Wlad instead of Vitali. Watch it at 4:41 into the video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR-gvIDUPG0[/ame]

Prime for prime I'd pick Lewis because he's more versatile and takes a better punch. In 2004, I'd slightly favor Wlad.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Thoughtless comment. Watch the shots Lewis has taken against Briggs, Mercer, Rahman before the KO, and Vitali. Lewis's chin was very decent. The guys who knocked Lewis out could REALLY punch; Rahman and McCall packed some real power; big hitters stop people. Big deal. Against Mercer Lewis took multiple HUGE shots and kept coming back for more in an absolute battle of Napoleonic proportions. Wlad has NEVER been able to do this - he gets hit hard, he gets hurt, he goes down. He doesn't have a bad chin - the guys who have stopped him have been big punchers too. He does not have as good a chin as Lewis though.

Lewis's chin was decent, Wlad's is average. The problem for Wlad in this match up is that I think Lewis would make it a war after Wlad was outboxing him. Lewis can fight a war because he was fighter and a dog when he needed to be. Wlad is not capable of this. He gets brutally KO'd after building up a respectable lead on the cards.
godlikerich is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Quote:
Lewis was losing pretty badly on the score cards when they stopped the Vitali fight on cuts.
I always find that hilarious. For starters the scores were close. Second 'the cut' was caused by a punch. The last time I looked, that results in a legitimate TKO defeat. It is like suggesting Roberto Duran would of beat Tommy Hearns, if The Motor City Cobra was not aloud to throw punches...
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Early night for Wlad as Lennox knocks his block off.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
I think Lewis is the more complete boxer because he could box as well as fight, whereas Wlad can only box (albeit, probably better than Lewis). In 2004, Lewis was pretty old and not as motivated anymore. Even though Wlad's career in 2004 was in bad shape as well, he was still one of the best offensive machines I've ever seen. His footwork, defense and jab and right hand are much better than his bigger brother. I don't think he could take the shots that Vitali had to ship, but he may not have had to, either.

I'm also not sure whether Lewis would still be standing if he took the right hand at 1:50 of round 2 from Wlad instead of Vitali. Watch it at 4:41 into the video:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Prime for prime I'd pick Lewis because he's more versatile and takes a better punch. In 2004, I'd slightly favor Wlad.

I'd agree. Lewis was faded enough to be hit, and Vitali is an entire level below his brother in the potency of his offense. I don't think old Lewis survives a young Wlad, I don't think he makes it far enough in the fight for his own offense to matter. I also think we'd have seen the war with Vitali take something out of Lennox; That was a punishing, grueling win.

Wlad hits harder than Lewis(I've felt the best of both), and in a young vs. Old heavyweight scrap when the old lion is on the slide(And may have been beaten shot), sometimes thats what matters most.

Wlad KO 2.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum