Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: chad dawson v tony bellew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
He said in the interview that they've seen how to beat Dawson now and he fancies it
I'm sure they saw how to beat Clev too. Having said that, I'm certain he would like the fight, and win lose or draw it would raise his profile above that of Cleverly.
Claypole is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
I'm sure they saw how to beat Clev too. Having said that, I'm certain he would like the fight, and win lose or draw it would raise his profile above that of Cleverly.
I think the Cleverley fight did exactly that, it put his name out there and he has built on that and he may be a fan favourite on here and get over praised but he is definitely the hungrier of the two
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Dawson can do everything that Tony can do AND he can do it better.

If I was Hearn I'd go for Cloud. That'd be a barnburner!
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
I think the Cleverley fight did exactly that, it put his name out there and he has built on that and he may be a fan favourite on here and get over praised but he is definitely the hungrier of the two
He does get overrated a little bit due to him posting on here, but if he beat a big name like Dawson, Clev would become even more of a joke "champ".

Personally I still remember the awful performance he put in against Oville Mckenzie ( the rematch). He called it a "master class" which leads me to believe the likes of Dawson would beat him rather easily.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Very interesting fight, one that Bellew has a chance in, even though Dawson should start favorite.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Tony is the exact sort of fighter Dawson does best against, I'm afraid. Dawson likely gets his first stoppage in years in this one.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
Marky
Journeyman

cant see this fight happening. not many people know bellew in the states its high risk with a low reward for dawson imo
Marky is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

bellew fans are worse then pactards, you're fighter hasn't achieved anything his best win is eddison miranda, and he didn't even look that great, Dawson lost decisively to ward who is levels above bellew. Pascal had his moments against dawson too but bellew doesn't have pascals power or handspeed. Dawson would beat bellew and make it look easy. then all his fans would still come up with excuses that he was robbed or was too get lagged.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Dawson wideee UD, dont let the Ward performance fool you Dawson's chin holds up at 175 and Bellew isnt skilled enough to hit him clean too many times
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #25
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

bellewtards are amazing.

they already think he beats tyson fury so don't underestimate their stupidity. the chap can't even beat nathan cleverly in his hometown but hes going to beat chad dawson lol
lirva is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yep Tony follow the blueprint. Now all you have to do is turn into Andre Ward. Hard to take some peoples opinions serious on here, some are only giving Tony a chance because he posts on here.

Some guy said this earlier in the thread: "Apart from Adamek, Dawson hasn't beaten anyone in their primes."

Well who has Bellew BEAT that comes close to Tarver, Hopkins, Diancou and Johnson?
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
Yep Tony follow the blueprint. Now all you have to do is turn into Andre Ward. Hard to take some peoples opinions serious on here, some are only giving Tony a chance because he posts on here.

Some guy said this earlier in the thread: "Apart from Adamek, Dawson hasn't beaten anyone in their primes."

Well who has Bellew BEAT that comes close to Tarver, Hopkins, Diancou and Johnson?
It's so true, and I really like Tony as well.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #28
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post

Yeah and who had Calzaghe beat that comes close to Benn, Watson etc before he fought Eubank? Just because someone hasn't proven themself yet, doesn't mean they can't win a fight.

You took my quote out of context there. I wasn't saying that Dawson beating past prime versions of them fighters means Bellew beats him. I pointed that out because I think Dawson & his abilities are overrated and that he isn't anyway near a top 10 p4p fighter as some seem to think he is.

Timing is key in any fight which is why I doubt the fight is a good idea for Bellew next year. But in 18 months time with more experience and hard tests behind him, I don't see any reason why someone who is as skilled as Bellew should be fearful of Dawson
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Yeah and who had Calzaghe beat that comes close to Benn, Watson etc before he fought Eubank? Just because someone hasn't proven themself yet, doesn't mean they can't win a fight.

You took my quote out of context there. I wasn't saying that Dawson beating past prime versions of them fighters means Bellew beats him. I pointed that out because I think Dawson & his abilities are overrated and that he isn't anyway near a top 10 p4p fighter as some seem to think he is.

Timing is key in any fight which is why I doubt the fight is a good idea for Bellew next year. But in 18 months time with more experience and hard tests behind him, I don't see any reason why someone who is as skilled as Bellew should be fearful of Dawson
Bellew is good, but the way you said "someone who is as skilled as Bellew" sounds like your saying Bellew has Andre Ward level talent. Cleverly is just as, if not more talented than Bellew, and he wouldn't stand a chance against Dawson.

And you can't seriously be comparing Calzaghe to Bellew? Yes Calzaghe's resume was thin before he fought Eubank, but he showed a LOT more talent than Bellew currently does.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Dawson looked abysmal against Ward (weight drained admittedly) but anyway, he's not the sum of his parts and has the same problem his long time trainer Eddie Gregory had and he's kept it no matter who trains him: falling to sleep for rounds.
Flea Man is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum