joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592
Default Re: Dillian Whyte tests positive for banned substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I agree with Gaz.

The Board should circulate a list of what's banned and any aliases that the substances might have.

Shove a disclaimer at the bottom stating that it's the boxer's responsibility to check what they're taking, and that the list isn't exhaustive.

This way, a boxer can't claim ''I didn't know what it actually was'' etc.

The more that get caught, the merrier. Shows that something is starting to be done about it.
This is the big key issue with this list idea for me. Some boxers would still just follow that one list and if an item wasn't on the list take it.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #92
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

So, because some cretin takes 6-7 times the normal dose and dies, Dillian Whyte can't drink it? I know it's wrong and he has been caught but for **** sake who is so ****ing stupid as to do that? It reminds me of an experiment I saw in a newspaper where a guy drank a can of Rockstar every hour for 8 hours... Why? Spastics the lot of em.
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #93
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
This is the big key issue with this list idea for me. Some boxers would still just follow that one list and if an item wasn't on the list take it.
Of course, but it's a reasonable starting point.

The Board have a responsibility to their members, part of that responsibility is to educate them about the dangers and side effects of using performance enhancing drugs.

Putting out a list and saying ''if you take this, this or this, you WILL be banned for a minimum of two years'' might act as a deterrent.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #94
AngloSaxonGirl

vCash: 500

Was this guy good enough to become a champion one day?
AngloSaxonGirl is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #95
AngloSaxonGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybronson View Post
Such a shame i was looking forward to big John taking out this drug cheat

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Looooooool! You would have thought the big beefy hulking man would have won that.
AngloSaxonGirl is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #96
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
it's the same thing enzo was caught on. it's not illegal and is found in supplements. he probably didn't know it wasn't allowed or that he was even taking it.

feel free to act like he was on 600ml of test a day though
Just cos he and Enzo claim jack3d doesnt mean its true.
No boxer with half a brain would take jacked,wrong supp for boxing.
Hes saying that so the outrage wont be as harsh.
I call bullshit.
im sparticus is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #97
Lee Smith
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Someone took about 10 scoops and died.

Clearly says on the side don't take more than 1.5 scoops but obviously some people don't listen.
Cheers Joe. May sound very harsh but I sometimes think it's probably for the best that these idots are removed from the human gene pool.
Lee Smith is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #98
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I've taken something similar called assault couldn't sit still for bout 3 hours.

What's the side effects of these type of products?
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #99
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Smith View Post
Cheers Joe. May sound very harsh but I sometimes think it's probably for the best that these idots are removed from the human gene pool.
****ing hell mate haha, wouldn't go that far like.

Some people do go over the top though.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #100
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

To be honest, the whole “I didn’t know it was a banned substance” line is the biggest crock of shit In the world.

We are talking about professional athletes here. When you consider how high on the agenda drug taking is in boxing at the minute. You have to be a complete ****ing idiot not to check for illegal substances when purchasing over the counter products. If ridiculous.

Dillian is in full on “deniability” mode. He hopes by pleading ignorance he’ll get away with it.

Hot prospect or not, he needs to be banned for at least 6 months.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #101
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by im sparticus View Post
Just cos he and Enzo claim jack3d doesnt mean its true.
No boxer with half a brain would take jacked,wrong supp for boxing.
Hes saying that so the outrage wont be as harsh.
I call bullshit.
Well 1,3-dimethylamylamine is what he's tested positive for anyway and that's the main ingredient (well was the main ingredient, not anymore) in Jack3D. It would actually be more difficult to source 1,3-dimethylamylamine on its own outside of a known supplement product.

Unless you feel we're being lied to and 1,3-dimethylamylamine is not the drug he's actually tested positive for. But then again if you're going that direction you're just getting into conspiracy theories.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlstonbigspu View Post
I've taken something similar called assault couldn't sit still for bout 3 hours.

Assault I assume is muscle pharm assault ?, the main ingredient in that is caffeine. It also has Creatine, Beta Alanine, L-Arginine and Taurine (among many other ingredients) which there is some evidence for in terms of improving performance but a lot of the positive research for these products is studies which use multi-ingredient supplements to bring about improvement, not proving the effect of any of the individual compounds involved.

Creatine has a large % of non responders, ~30% of people don't respond to creatine supplementation at all and the substance is just excreted along with other waste products. for the other 2/3's of people it works to varying degrees. I'd suggest buying a small amount of creatine and trial it before anyway buys a reasonable quantity. You should see an increase in weight and possibly some difference in the way you look as creatine makes you retain more water. If this is not the cause it likely does not work for you.

Anyway the point I'm getting at is it may be worth looking at a caffeine only supplement, as this may be the only ingredient making much of a difference to your performance. Caffeine powder can be purchased cheap enough, but it's quite potent so be careful with the amount you use, and try not to exceed recommended dosages. Like most stimulants you will likely become more resistant over time to its effects.
As for side effects of short term use of assault ?, likely very little other than maybe disturbed sleep if taken at the wrong time or dosage(which of course can have some quite bad effects on you). Long term ?, unknown, I don't believe there's many studies on Creatine usage past 24 months and that'll be the case with quite a few of the substances used.

Most of the ingredients used in supplements like this really don't make much difference. If people want a stimulant, use caffeine, if you want something to improve endurance then increase the amount of dietary nitrate you consume (by quite a lot aswell), which basically means eating more greens, and fruit and veg in general........now who'd of thought that ????
Alternatively if you want an easy solution to gaining more dietary nitrate there are shots of concentrated beetroot juice which have become commercially available.

Outside of that unless you're naturally low in Creatine or L-Arginine I doubt you'll be getting any major performance improvements from any legal substances.
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #102
moesizlak
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pah! Jack3s, thats old news this is THE stuff these days

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
moesizlak is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #103
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Right just watched that interview..

Just wondering how often they test fighters nowadays domestically?. Didn't Price say he hasn't been tested and someone post about Smith's reply about testing if there's suspicion or tipped off?.

I think someone's tipped them off about him, i think he's a complete fool TBH. He goes round and round in cirles for 18mins but the jist of it is. You took a supplement without asking your Nutritionist!. Just asked the bloke and the bloke was like ''yeah should be alright''. My word that's ridiculous! and he knows it. Carl Froch is the way forward he writes down everything!. Nothing left out and that my man is what a true professional athelete is.

In 2012 we've seen plenty of guys banned, yet this lad takes something without even looking. He's a athlete so the car sales man parable doesn't wash for me. I think what's happened is as he said he was jaded and feeling effects of sessions due to no real breaks and used this stuff. I think due to the lax attitude to doping and insignificance of his fight probably fought there'd be no test anyways if it was illegal.

I dunno i just don't see the naivity there with him TBH. I don't like the Twitter comment about ''I was looking forward to beating John Up''. Think he should remember who's the fool of the day today.

It's a shame, he was another bright prospect domestically. Was looking forward to the fight with Big John. But the replacement is a good fight. Price's leftovers but still a good solid replacement.
Agree with allot of this although I do think there was naivety there and that he didn't know what he was doing.

All these energy drinks and suppliments are bull shit. You can get everything you need from natural food. A black coffee before a workout will give you plenty of energy and also servers as a fat burner.

Might be the best thing for Whyte though. I though the McDermott fight was coming to soon. He should try and get out to the US/Germany and do some sparring and then come back the middle of next year and build towards the British title.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #104
supersi80

Failing for DMAA could easily be an innocent mistake. DMAA has caused more drug test failures in recent years than any other substance. Taking Australia as an example, last year just under 50% of drug test failures were for DMAA/Methylhexaneamine.

It could be labelled as DMAA, Geranium, Geranamine, MHA, Methylhexaneamine, 1,3, Dimethylamylamine, etc. It's easy to see how someone may get confused. It's present in a large number of popular pre-workouts.

If people were intentionally cheating, they would take something far stronger than a pre-workout drink that you can get from the High St.
supersi80 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #105
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlstonbigspu View Post

If you drink to much Lucozade & Red Bull it can cause the following and I would imagine these drinks are no different. They sound like stronger versions. Although to be fair theres a million things that can cause all of these.
  • Highly Addictive
  • Kidney failure
  • Liver failure
  • Depresion
  • Anxiety
  • Ulcers
  • Insomnia
  • Enlarging of the heart
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Infertility
  • Pre Mature Ejaculation
  • Rots your teeth