Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #106
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dillian Whyte tests positive for banned substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
John McDermott the scourge of steroid cheats strikes again.
i heard John is pieabetic, hence his moobs
Geddy Lee is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #107
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
If you drink to much Lucozade & Red Bull it can cause the following and I would imagine these drinks are no different. They sound like stronger versions. Although to be fair theres a million things that can cause all of these.
  • Highly Addictive
  • Kidney failure
  • Liver failure
  • Depresion
  • Anxiety
  • Ulcers
  • Insomnia
  • Enlarging of the heart
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Infertility
  • Pre Mature Ejaculation
  • Rots your teeth
haha did you add this one yourself rob?

Looks like its been added on.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #108
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

I've bought some Assault for when I start lifting again. I'm a bit worried though because a glass of coke is enough to keep me up til about 5am so I'm expecting to be wired as balls for a few months at least with this stuff.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #109
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
haha did you add this one yourself rob?

Looks like its been added on.
that made me laugh too.

It's not a selling point for them but hardly as serious as other side effects!
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #110
Del Boy
R.I.P Darren Sutherland
ESB Senior Member

Great another fight I was looking forward to out the door.... Remind me why I follow boxing again?
Del Boy is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #111
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
that made me laugh too.

It's not a selling point for them but hardly as serious as other side effects!
hahah yeh I did.

Actually bad teeth can cause a whole heap of other problems such as bad backs and muscle problems. When Wenger joined Arsenal the first person he employed was a dentist who fixed all the players teeth.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #112
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

I've got a dentist appointment on Friday, root filling I need to get done not good.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #113
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544

The last British sportsman caught taking Jack 3d received a two year ban, so don't expect to see Dillian back for a while yet.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #114
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
Well 1,3-dimethylamylamine is what he's tested positive for anyway and that's the main ingredient (well was the main ingredient, not anymore) in Jack3D. It would actually be more difficult to source 1,3-dimethylamylamine on its own outside of a known supplement product.

Unless you feel we're being lied to and 1,3-dimethylamylamine is not the drug he's actually tested positive for. But then again if you're going that direction you're just getting into conspiracy theories.....

Assault I assume is muscle pharm assault ?, the main ingredient in that is caffeine. It also has Creatine, Beta Alanine, L-Arginine and Taurine (among many other ingredients) which there is some evidence for in terms of improving performance but a lot of the positive research for these products is studies which use multi-ingredient supplements to bring about improvement, not proving the effect of any of the individual compounds involved.

Creatine has a large % of non responders, ~30% of people don't respond to creatine supplementation at all and the substance is just excreted along with other waste products. for the other 2/3's of people it works to varying degrees. I'd suggest buying a small amount of creatine and trial it before anyway buys a reasonable quantity. You should see an increase in weight and possibly some difference in the way you look as creatine makes you retain more water. If this is not the cause it likely does not work for you.

Anyway the point I'm getting at is it may be worth looking at a caffeine only supplement, as this may be the only ingredient making much of a difference to your performance. Caffeine powder can be purchased cheap enough, but it's quite potent so be careful with the amount you use, and try not to exceed recommended dosages. Like most stimulants you will likely become more resistant over time to its effects.
As for side effects of short term use of assault ?, likely very little other than maybe disturbed sleep if taken at the wrong time or dosage(which of course can have some quite bad effects on you). Long term ?, unknown, I don't believe there's many studies on Creatine usage past 24 months and that'll be the case with quite a few of the substances used.

Most of the ingredients used in supplements like this really don't make much difference. If people want a stimulant, use caffeine, if you want something to improve endurance then increase the amount of dietary nitrate you consume (by quite a lot aswell), which basically means eating more greens, and fruit and veg in general........now who'd of thought that ????
Alternatively if you want an easy solution to gaining more dietary nitrate there are shots of concentrated beetroot juice which have become commercially available.

Outside of that unless you're naturally low in Creatine or L-Arginine I doubt you'll be getting any major performance improvements from any legal substances.
Where is this news released from?
Why would boxer take arganine? As far as i can see arganine can be counterproductive. I just dont agree thatjacked is a suitable supp for boxeres. And dimethylamylamine can be obtained on its own. Although you are right ot isnt easy to source
im sparticus is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #115
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by im sparticus View Post
Why would boxer take arganine? As far as i can see arganine can be counterproductive. I just dont agree thatjacked is a suitable supp for boxeres. And dimethylamylamine can be obtained on its own. Although you are right ot isnt easy to source
maybe he was taking it to enhance his strength training.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #116
im sparticus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
maybe he was taking it to enhance his strength training.
Its for bodybuilding not strength training (2 different things)
im sparticus is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #117
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I have used all sorts of prework out shakes drinks in the past

They can help in boxing as they will help you focus and be 'on it'

England football team pop caffene pills before matches too

But i my opinion these products are more harmful than some steroids. Some contain all sorts of wacy chemicals that **** with your head etc

I took the original dorian yates pre workout drink once and it ****ed me up bad , i was high in the gym , heart went crazy , had too stop training and go home. After the crash left me feeling and acting like a zombie (minus the need too eat flesh)
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #118
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
I've bought some Assault for when I start lifting again. I'm a bit worried though because a glass of coke is enough to keep me up til about 5am so I'm expecting to be wired as balls for a few months at least with this stuff.
Honestly mate you will be in the gym for hours.

I did a step/hill running workout which was hard,got home couldn't sit still has to go do another 4.5 mile. I found it made my skin itch and have me a fuzzy head at first mind.
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #119
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
The last British sportsman caught taking Jack 3d received a two year ban, so don't expect to see Dillian back for a while yet.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That was the FA and there were wider issues with Mark Marshall.

The last two Boxers that took the same indgredient in Haemorage/Jack3d

were Enzo Macranelli 6 months ban and Tony Dodson 5 Months ban.

Both these fighters were also far more experienced than Whyte but still

took these products not knowing they were banned.
boxon is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #120
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's been reported by boxrec, The Sun and 'The Scene' among others, yes it's not exactly the BBC, but it seems likely that what has been reported is genuine and he's been banned for DMAA.

L-Arginine is a precursor to Nitric Oxide, and has been reported to endogenously increase the levels of Nitric Oxide in the body, which itself has been shown to improve performance will improve endurance. Now the effectiveness of L-Arginine actually increasing levels of Nitric Oxide in the body other than in those low in Arginine is highly debatable and therefore the likelyhood it will improve performance in the majority is imo quite low.

However Dietary Nitrate supplementation has shown to be an effective method of increasing levels of Nitric Oxide and improving endurance performance in both both acute and chronic doses (dosing periods ranging from 1 day to 15 days) and there is some evidence to suggest it may be able to increase strength levels when taken over a chronic period. As I mentioned before you can buy concentrated shots of beetroot juice to achieve this, although it is also possible through changes in the diet and consuming more leafy greens and other vegetables high in dietary nitrate such as beetroot.

Is JackEd suitable for boxers ?, well the original clearly isn't because it's banned. Is the new one ?, well that's up to the fighter if they feel they need a pre workout supplement. It certain seems to have benefits for usage during weight and resistance sessions so from that point of view you could make a case for it.
However Most of the ingredients in it I would deem to be pretty useless and I would suggest using caffeine powder instead as I stated before, but the power of placebo is very strong. Dr Ben Goldacre (author of a decent book called Bad Science) has commented on this many times and paraphrasing: It has been shown that when people take a painkiller like paracetamol/Ibuprofen, they report lower levels of pain when the pill has come from a shiny box than cost a few quid, rather than a cheap one which looks like it cost 20p, with the same actual dose involved. So maybe that big price tag and shiny packaging will help them lift more, gain a little more mass, get a little stronger and possibly improve their boxing performance as a result.

Quote:
Its for bodybuilding not strength training (2 different things)
It's for both as far as I'm aware. Pre workout supplements are not designed to add mass directly. They are designed to increase strength and endurance and therefore athletes can train harder/longer and get gains from this. The Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Arginine and other compounds are in there to supposedly improve endurance, and you're right that these are not there for strength training purposes, they are there to increase the amount of reps/sets that may be performed in order to induce hypertrophy. Stimulants like caffeine and DMAA on the other hand are, they are included for the purpose of helping you to lift more, although also lift more for more reps.
So from that point of view the supplement could be used for bodybuilding or strength training.

I personally do not and have not taken any pre workout supplements, while I was training for Boxing, Gaelic Football, Rugby League/Union, bar on a handful of occasions (during weight sessions) out of curiosity to see their effect and if they were any use. I simply do/did not feel the need as I believe strong motivation can largely make up for the kick that you get from stimulants, and you don't have that risk of disturbing sleep. Not to mention these supplements are very expensive.

Of course my beliefs on many of these substances could prove to be incorrect. There is research out there to suggest Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Citrulline etc etc is succesful at improving performance, most of this is imo poor research, but again that's only my opinion. I would seriously recommend anyone that takes these pre workout supplements to try just caffeine alone as a pre-workout supplement, as if you get the same performance benefit it will work out much cheaper for you.
Big Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum