Old 06-22-2007, 05:20 AM   #16
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
if luan can fight like he did vs brewster, he should be able to win a UD.

but if he fights like he did vs minto, he could lose.
I agree with you. If he fights like he did with Brewser and not let himself go open like he did he will definetly win by a KO. But if he boxes like he did with Minto he is in trouble.

Cheers
albaneze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 01:48 AM   #17
limi_7
Lion

Like i said, I am going with luan winning, but i think he has lost his boxing ability; he is not how he used to be.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 05:08 AM   #18
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im sure that Krasniqi will win once again, Thompson is nothing special, Krasniqi will work in his fast legs and his great jabs to win Thompson by UD or will KO in the round six or seven by one punch like with Whitaker.
Next opponent for Krasniqi will be Ibragimov or Holyfield who will fight this year voulnetary .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #19
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Both great fighters,
but im going with Krasniqi, with hes powerful jabs and such he will win by KO !
if not then UD definitely!
Lets go luan !!
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #20
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Krasniqi is the better physical talent without a doubt. I think the only problem I have with picking him is how he has looked in fights with Bostice and Minto. You wonder if maybe his KO loss to Brewster has set him back as a fighter. If he fights like he did versus Minto I definitely take Thompson, and as of right now the Minto and Bostice fights are the ones that stick out in my mind.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #21
limi_7
Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Krasniqi is the better physical talent without a doubt. I think the only problem I have with picking him is how he has looked in fights with Bostice and Minto. You wonder if maybe his KO loss to Brewster has set him back as a fighter. If he fights like he did versus Minto I definitely take Thompson, and as of right now the Minto and Bostice fights are the ones that stick out in my mind.
Lets not come to vague conclusions about krasniqi as a boxer. I mean any fighter would be more carefull after suffering a KO. Any boxer can be knocked out, its just a matter of the right puncher and the right shot. Krasniqi didn't look that convincing vs Bostice and Minto, but right at round 12, he scored a KO as he sent Minto to the canvas. Krasniqi has a Knockout out power and the right skill, he just needs to work on his stamina and honestly although he didn't win a very convicing fight vs Minto, he was confident enough and for his fans proved it in round 12 vs Minto. Krasniqi could have KO'd Minto anytime, he was just being carefull pursuing his dream as a WBO champion. Here is a link of Krasniqi vs MInto Round 12. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Scroll down all the way to the end. Enjoy the video.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #22
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what makes me nervous is the fact that thompson clearly beat timur ibragimov.......who had no trouble at all beating capable timo hoffman.

he cant be all that bad with such a result. and he has good size........will be a life and death struggle for luan.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
krutov

Tough to call. Close fight, but i hope Krasniqi wins.

Last edited by Kolya; 03-08-2006 at 02:21 AM.
krutov is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 03:50 AM   #24
limi_7
Lion

Although we have two tough fighters in the ring, krasniqi will prevail with his technical ability. Thompson is good, but remeber krasniqi almost beat brewster who has ko'd wlad. Krasniqi doesn't go down easy whatever the skeptics say he is tough mentally and physically. Krasniqi is no way going to give up this time. Trust me, you will see a different krasniqi not the same as vs Minto. The only way thompson can win, if krasniqi gases out, any other way I put my money on Krasniqi.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #25
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

krasniqi by points,if he shows up with a performance like vs. brewster.probably...
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #26
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

Krasniqi lost to Brewster because he was over confident. He started trash talking in the ring and dropped his defense. Brewster KOed him twice, because the first time the ref. counted way too long and gave him a second chance.
After the final knockdown Krasniqi was up and ready within the count and then Krasniqi turned his back and went to his corner. In this moment the ref waved it off. Did he quit again? Fact is Brewster had nothing left in his tank, he had to be taken to hospital after the fight- in the contrary Krasniqi was able to give interviews. So did he really give 100% ?

Vs. Minto, who is a journeyman, a small-sized natural cruiserweight, his performance was pathetic. In almost every round Minto trapped him on the ropes and used him as a punching bag with his uppercuts. Ok, in rd 12 Krasniqi scored a knockdown, but that's all. He was not able to finish. Then of course the well-known hometown decision rules were applied.

Nevertheless Krasniqi fights are always entertaining. You never know what happens.
Rick G is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #27
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

I totally agree with you Rick G. Krasniqi is a fine boxer but sometimes he has shown immaturity while fighting. Hope this time he would not screw up like he did with Brewster and hope he would not be that careful as he did with Minto.

GO (The Lion) LUAN
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #28
limi_7
Lion

I don't mind krasniqi being careful on his defence, but sometimes you have to show aggression cause you cant win a war with just a defence, the enemy will eventually penetrate, unless you attack back and weaken his power. IF krasniqi fights like he did vs MInto which i doubt he will, it will be a dissapointment to his fans. I have confidence on Krasniqi and he will win. He has quite a good chin, KO power and best of all slick moves and skills of a warrior ahah. Well enough said 9 more days to go and i cant wait to find the outcome.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #29
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

isnt denis boystov fighting on the undercard of this??? i think thats more intriguing then this fight
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #30
limi_7
Lion

Ahha its funny cause no one has heard about denis if not I havent and you come here mention the word excitement hmmm.
limi_7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum