Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #31
megabox
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Luan is not that stupid too fight same like he did with Minto,but lets hope he is prepared physically for this match,if he is prepared than he will win by KO no doubt for that.
megabox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #32
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,276
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

I like Luan by SD but Thompson is a southpaw, tall, jabs, decent power, if Luan works hard and outhustles him, he could pul it off,Thompson is 35
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #33
Steamroller
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Luan is inpredictible. Can be everything from brilliant to quitter. But normally he surprises when he had some poor fights and you think he's shot - then he can deliver a great fight. The next fight after that, when you think, now it's his time, he will play the punching ball again and will be glued to the ropes...
Noone to count on
Steamroller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #34
Steamroller
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Sorry - forgot the prediction: luan by split decision after 12 boring rounds... I hope I'll be wrong and he will surprise us again, but that's what I expect it to be.
Steamroller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #35
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamroller
Luan is inpredictible. Can be everything from brilliant to quitter. But normally he surprises when he had some poor fights and you think he's shot - then he can deliver a great fight. The next fight after that, when you think, now it's his time, he will play the punching ball again and will be glued to the ropes...
Noone to count on
I have never seen anything remotely close to "brilliant" from Krasquitti. He is a typical "NeverHasBeen", just like for example Audley Harrison, his claim to fame is getting ko'ed and quitting against Brewster in the very same fight. I just don't get why people ( I mean I understand the Albanians, but there are others too) make him out to be something he never was and never will be.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #36
Steamroller
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

I like "Krasquitti" - nice one! Well, don't forget the Olympic bronze medal and a decent amateur's career. IF he is concentrated, IF he is in a good shape (which he normally is), IF he is self-confident (which he seldom is) and IF he does not start playing around, when he feels superior and IF he really works with concentration THEN he CAN show sequences and moves, which, in my humble opinion are close to being brilliant. Hence, we talk about seconds or minutes (rare). His problem is that he is far from any stable and reliable performance. To me, he is more a "couldbe - but never will" rather than a "has never been".
Steamroller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #37
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Hes a decent jabber and when on form throws nice short uppercuts, on the flip side he is easy to hit and its been mentioned above already, he tends to get overconfident when things are running smoothly for him. In the past he also tended to rely on his right hand too much thinking it would to the job, then found out its a decent shot but far from outstanding in the power department. I dont know this thompon guy well enough to make a prediction, I do hope Krasniqi wins it cos hes german guided. I doubt hes there to stay, hes been a sort of interims heavy for Kohl after the departure of the Klitschkos and before the new crop was coming up he was the one he could use to sell to the crowd.


The Brewster fight was the make or break match for him, imo, Brewster actually was beatable and if he were to go on to world title honours by all means should have beaten him. I expect him to get an eliminator in case he beats this guy.
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #38
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamroller
I like "Krasquitti" - nice one! Well, don't forget the Olympic bronze medal and a decent amateur's career. IF he is concentrated, IF he is in a good shape (which he normally is), IF he is self-confident (which he seldom is) and IF he does not start playing around, when he feels superior and IF he really works with concentration THEN he CAN show sequences and moves, which, in my humble opinion are close to being brilliant. Hence, we talk about seconds or minutes (rare). His problem is that he is far from any stable and reliable performance. To me, he is more a "couldbe - but never will" rather than a "has never been".
Ah, don't mention the Olympics... He quit there even before the fight. He refused to fight Felix Savon in the semifinals because he was knocked out by him in a previous meeting, typical Krasquitti. And for the rest... I think we are talking about different fighters, the Krasquitti I'm talking about is a solid technician but that's it, there is nothing brilliant or outstanding about him, he doesn't do anything in the ring what other current fighters can't do better. And he is rather featherfisted for a HW and doesn't take a good punch.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #39
Steamroller
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Ah, don't mention the Olympics... He quit there even before the fight. He refused to fight Felix Savon in the semifinals because he was knocked out by him in a previous meeting, typical Krasquitti. And for the rest... I think we are talking about different fighters, the Krasquitti I'm talking about is a solid technician but that's it, there is nothing brilliant or outstanding about him, he doesn't do anything in the ring what other current fighters can't do better. And he is rather featherfisted for a HW and doesn't take a good punch.
Savon - that was only respect and he didn't want to destroy a legend, which he would have done, without any doubt
Some technical skills - yes!
No punch - no! Not the biggest one, but dangerous enough (remember Brewster? He seemed to be quite impressed and paid a short visit to the hospital after his win...)
No chin? - Nope. He stands there - his arms down and takes some nice shots, gets koed and gets up, again.
No this guy simply feels strong when he shouldn't and looses confidence, when he's about to finish - that's what's driving me crazy with him...
Steamroller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #40
limi_7
Lion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

We're one hour from watching this match on RTK which is international channel. The fight will take place around 4 or 5 pm eastern in USA. For those who can't watch the match I'll come here and post the results. By all means I believe we are going to see a different krasniqi today, one that is fairly well prepared and well get the job done. Also those that have german channel RTL will also be able to watch it same time. Good luck to Krasniqi, hope he destroys Thompson.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #41
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by limi_7
We're one hour from watching this match on RTK which is international channel. The fight will take place around 4 or 5 pm eastern in USA. For those who can't watch the match I'll come here and post the results. By all means I believe we are going to see a different krasniqi today, one that is fairly well prepared and well get the job done. Also those that have german channel RTL will also be able to watch it same time. Good luck to Krasniqi, hope he destroys Thompson.
Thanks. What were the undercard results?

I have ZDF on the web. The web site shows the earth spinning with music that goes do-doo-dup. Hopefully I could see the match.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #42
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

That's it for Krasquitti. Good Bye!

What have I've been telling people al along?
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
limi_7
Lion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Krasnqi just lost by a tko round 5 lame stoppage but luan didn't do shit. Bad stoppage but lame performance by Luan, he is done for good or at least I will not even watch him!!!!

Last edited by limi_7; 07-14-2007 at 10:33 PM.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #44
PREVED
Killer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
That's it for Krasquitti. Good Bye!

What have I've been telling people al along?
Actually all boxing fans knew that will be the end of Krasniqi's career, of course except Artani.
PREVED is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #45
fcu1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 138
vCash: 1039
Default Re: Thompson vs Krasniqi July 14 predictions

What a total disgrace !

Krasniqi was crap, he is not right in is head.
fcu1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013