Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default "Wladimir versus The Legends."

Ring magazine this month stacks Wlad up against the ten greatest HW's, including some cool mock up photos for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad
"In the end, a Louis-Klitschko bout features a fighter with a dubious jaw against perhaps the greatest puncher of all time.

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano
"Our guess is that a Maricano-Klitschko bout would be ugle with Klitschko trying to smother Marciano, and Marciano gallantly trying to land something."

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson
"You can bet on Patterson hitting the canvas a few times in this one, gamely taking punches until the referee puts an end to it."

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad
"A fierce, aggressive predator, Liston wouldn't allow Klitschko to simply stand in front of him and parry with his jab. Liston would force Klitschko to fight."

Ali WPTS Wlad
"Ali would come on strong during the last few rounds, alnd some crackling right leads over Wlad's lazy left."

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad
"Wlad might land some bombs and maybe even drop JOe a couple of times. But Wlad's habit of waiting for the perfect moment to strike would be disastrous against Frazier."

George Foreman KO10 Wlad
"Foreman could take a punch and would walk through Wlad's jab until he could land some bludgeoning punches."

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad
Holmes was a rarity in that he was a bully who had the skill and toughness to back up his bullying...Holmes would outwork him."

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad
The vintage Tyson...would have intimidated Wlad into freezing up."

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad
He would est Klitschko in a test match for a few rounds before turning up the aggression and finally answering the question of how many pile-driving right-hands it would take.

Thoughts?
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: "Wladimir versus The Legends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Ring magazine this month stacks Wlad up against the ten greatest HW's, including some cool mock up photos for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad
"In the end, a Louis-Klitschko bout features a fighter with a dubious jaw against perhaps the greatest puncher of all time.

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano
"Our guess is that a Maricano-Klitschko bout would be ugle with Klitschko trying to smother Marciano, and Marciano gallantly trying to land something."

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson
"You can bet on Patterson hitting the canvas a few times in this one, gamely taking punches until the referee puts an end to it."

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad
"A fierce, aggressive predator, Liston wouldn't allow Klitschko to simply stand in front of him and parry with his jab. Liston would force Klitschko to fight."

Ali WPTS Wlad
"Ali would come on strong during the last few rounds, alnd some crackling right leads over Wlad's lazy left."

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad
"Wlad might land some bombs and maybe even drop JOe a couple of times. But Wlad's habit of waiting for the perfect moment to strike would be disastrous against Frazier."

George Foreman KO10 Wlad
"Foreman could take a punch and would walk through Wlad's jab until he could land some bludgeoning punches."

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad
Holmes was a rarity in that he was a bully who had the skill and toughness to back up his bullying...Holmes would outwork him."

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad
The vintage Tyson...would have intimidated Wlad into freezing up."

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad
He would est Klitschko in a test match for a few rounds before turning up the aggression and finally answering the question of how many pile-driving right-hands it would take.

Thoughts?
agree with most. I see Frazier taking him by late round TKO/KO. Call me dumb (or simply a big fan of wlad) but I don't see this Wlad being that intimated by Tyson. After 3 rounds, I think he'd get into a rhythm and feel very confident at how easy he can tie up and lean on tyson. Ugly fight? **** yes. But Tyson would be drained over time and he'd take enough jab and occasional (brutal) rights for wlad to take a decision. I am talking PRIME tyson, say Tucker fight.
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Generally poor ****ysis IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson KO 1 Wlad
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The Foreman KO10 is especially bad.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Frazier would get annihilated by Wlad. He thought Foreman hit hard? Just imagine when a 6'6 250lb skilled devastating two handed puncher hits him.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
agree with most. I see Frazier taking him by late round TKO/KO. Call me dumb (or simply a big fan of wlad) but I don't see this Wlad being that intimated by Tyson. After 3 rounds, I think he'd get into a rhythm and feel very confident at how easy he can tie up and lean on tyson. Ugly fight? **** yes. But Tyson would be drained over time and he'd take enough jab and occasional (brutal) rights for wlad to take a decision. I am talking PRIME tyson, say Tucker fight.
Frazier beats Wlad, but Tyson doesn't?

Frazier gets overrated around here. An ATG heavyweight, but he would get messed up badly by Wlad. Tyson would probably knock out Joe inside of 3 rounds too.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Frazier beats Wlad, but Tyson doesn't?

Frazier gets overrated around here. An ATG heavyweight, but he would get messed up badly by Wlad. Tyson would probably knock out Joe inside of 3 rounds too.
i see what you're saying and i love prime tyson. It's a bit of a wild card but wlad's style now is so ridiculously frustrating that if tyson doesn't knock him out early, he'll settle into a rhythm of bobbing in, lunging left hooks and getting held. he didn't look spectacular against tall spoilers who didn't want to win...he'll be facing a tall, masterful boxer, who spoils like a champ and has one of the hardest right hands in history

as for frazier, it's all body work. tyson hit the body hard but frazier INVESTED in body work. first 6 rounds would probably be wlad. then he slowly begins to fade and the hands drop. if wlad ain't moving, ain't holding and ain't keeping his hands up he gets knocked out. i see frazier getting him there with consistency and discipline. don't see tyson doing it.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Frazier won't survive to round 6. Frazier isn't durable enough, he is too susceptible to right hands, Wlad holds a huge size/strength/power advantage...He would knock Frazier out early.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Frazier won't survive to round 6. Frazier isn't durable enough, he is too susceptible to right hands, Wlad holds a huge size/strength/power advantage...He would knock Frazier out early.
i don't agree with this post 100% but i respect it
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

I think Wlad stops Marciano, beats Liston on points, knocks Frazier out, beats Foreman on points or stops him late and gets stopped by Tyson.

Im undecided by with Ali and Louis, I actually think those fights would be quite close.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Want to care to explain to me how Frazier is going to be able to deal with a 6'6 250lb athletic freak who has the best jab ever, hits like a mule with both hands, has great defense and boxing skills, and is very physically strong.....?

Especially when you take into consideration a 6'3 217lb George Foreman bounced him around the ring like a Yo Yo
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Frazier would get annihilated by Wlad. He thought Foreman hit hard? Just imagine when a 6'6 250lb skilled devastating two handed puncher hits him.

This. Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano too.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

I can't see Fraizer beating Wlad, and I think Tyson would blitz him in 4.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

a little out of proportion ...Vlad either has it to have a chance to beat them all or he does not....IMO he has the tools to beat all of them and also the weakness to lose....As for your picks, they are random, I can not see a style explanation here...IMO Vlad has the jab and the right hand to beat Holmes but would have to be careful...very against Tyson but if he fights like the recent Vlad, he could pull a Holyfield 1 on Mike...I dont see Liston matching tools with Vlad and it may be Sonny who is intimidated...I guess it boils down to your personal opinion of a fighter...The Vlad that beat Haye and since Sam Peter 2 may be able to catch a win over all and the Vlad who lost to Sanders,Brewster may lose to any of them......Vlad may have the best overall skill-set and tools combined with power since Joe Louis ...Lennox Lewis had the best aggressive ****nal but was also caught cold 2x and never proved late power after rd. 8.....on a good night Vlad is troubles for everyone IMO
Bummy Davis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum