Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #46
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: "Wladimir versus The Legends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Ring magazine this month stacks Wlad up against the ten greatest HW's, including some cool mock up photos for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad
"In the end, a Louis-Klitschko bout features a fighter with a dubious jaw against perhaps the greatest puncher of all time.

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano
"Our guess is that a Maricano-Klitschko bout would be ugle with Klitschko trying to smother Marciano, and Marciano gallantly trying to land something."

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson
"You can bet on Patterson hitting the canvas a few times in this one, gamely taking punches until the referee puts an end to it."

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad
"A fierce, aggressive predator, Liston wouldn't allow Klitschko to simply stand in front of him and parry with his jab. Liston would force Klitschko to fight."

Ali WPTS Wlad
"Ali would come on strong during the last few rounds, alnd some crackling right leads over Wlad's lazy left."

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad
"Wlad might land some bombs and maybe even drop JOe a couple of times. But Wlad's habit of waiting for the perfect moment to strike would be disastrous against Frazier."

George Foreman KO10 Wlad
"Foreman could take a punch and would walk through Wlad's jab until he could land some bludgeoning punches."

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad
Holmes was a rarity in that he was a bully who had the skill and toughness to back up his bullying...Holmes would outwork him."

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad
The vintage Tyson...would have intimidated Wlad into freezing up."

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad
He would est Klitschko in a test match for a few rounds before turning up the aggression and finally answering the question of how many pile-driving right-hands it would take.

Thoughts?
The only fighters on that list Wlad would have problems with would be prime Foreman and to a much lesser degree prime Tyson.

Wlad would decimate all the boxers here, I think he would probably lose to prime Foreman and the Tyson fight would be 80% in favor of Wlad, 20% in favor of prime Tyson.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #47
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Haye is **** as well.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #48
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
The only fighters on that list Wlad would have problems with would be prime Foreman and to a much lesser degree prime Tyson.

Wlad would decimate all the boxers here, I think he would probably lose to prime Foreman and the Tyson fight would be 80% in favor of Wlad, 20% in favor of prime Tyson.
Tyson knocks Wlad's panties off

No chance against the GOAT
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #49
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:

Tyson was too slick to get hit cleanly by Wlad often, however
if necessary Tyson could eat flush shots from Wlad all night.
Wlad would fold mentally if and when Tyson got through.
You can certainly argue a Wlad win over Foreman, but
I believe Foreman was too strong, tough, and relentless.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #50
OvidsExile
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The Ring has it about how I see it, but with perhaps Frazier knocking Wlad out, Foreman knocking him out even earlier, and Lennox losing by decision. Who wrote the article?
OvidsExile is online now  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #51
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tyson knocks Wlad's panties off

No chance against the GOAT
Tyson was a hype job, he has 0 great wins.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #52
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Tyson was a hype job, he has 0 great wins.
Every post you make is abysmal.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #53
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thoughts?
Ring magazine is a joke.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #54
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Saying foreman would KO Wlad after the 3th or 4th round is stupid.
He either TKOs Wlad very early or Wlad will get the upperhand.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #55
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ring magazine this month stacks Wlad up against the ten greatest HW's, including some cool mock up photos for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad
"In the end, a Louis-Klitschko bout features a fighter with a dubious jaw against perhaps the greatest puncher of all time.

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano
"Our guess is that a Maricano-Klitschko bout would be ugle with Klitschko trying to smother Marciano, and Marciano gallantly trying to land something."

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson
"You can bet on Patterson hitting the canvas a few times in this one, gamely taking punches until the referee puts an end to it."

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad
"A fierce, aggressive predator, Liston wouldn't allow Klitschko to simply stand in front of him and parry with his jab. Liston would force Klitschko to fight."

Ali WPTS Wlad
"Ali would come on strong during the last few rounds, alnd some crackling right leads over Wlad's lazy left."

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad
"Wlad might land some bombs and maybe even drop JOe a couple of times. But Wlad's habit of waiting for the perfect moment to strike would be disastrous against Frazier."

George Foreman KO10 Wlad
"Foreman could take a punch and would walk through Wlad's jab until he could land some bludgeoning punches."

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad
Holmes was a rarity in that he was a bully who had the skill and toughness to back up his bullying...Holmes would outwork him."

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad
He would est Klitschko in a test match for a few rounds before turning up the aggression and finally answering the question of how many pile-driving right-hands it would take.

Thoughts?
I agree with almost every pick apart from the liston pick, wlad takes him on points.

I'm 50\50 on the Holmes fight. Larry might nick it on points but I could picture wlad taking it also.

As a side note, wlad could take out any if these bar Ali with one punch.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's funny how Lennox Lewis has become viewed with rose-tinted glasses already.
People talk as if he's going to make Wlad look like Michael Grant.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #57
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad

Ali WPTS Wlad

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad

George Foreman KO10 Wlad

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad

Thoughts?
Pretty simple minded and lazy comments from so-called sports journalists, to be honest.

A couple of points:

- Wlad doesn't have a lazy left, or at least he's not easy to hit over the top of it, both due to his height and due to his vigilance/reaction speed.

- Wlad doesn't wait to land a perfect shot, he's constantly active with his jab and only lands his power shots when his opponent is sufficiently softened up. There's a difference.

- Louis did not exactly have a phenomenal jaw himself, and had difficulty against fighters with good jabs. He was also someone who relied upon their opponent not clinching when he moved in to throw his combinations. I think those factors would play into the outcome of the fight.

Agree that he loses to Lennox, Tyson, Ali and Holmes, though I think the last two would be surprisingly close.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #58
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Saying foreman would KO Wlad after the 3th or 4th round is stupid.
He either TKOs Wlad very early or Wlad will get the upperhand.
I don't think Foreman would bomb Wlad out early, but if he gets the upper hand with his jab and begins to push Wlad back to the ropes, then I think he gets a mid rounds stoppage via TKO.

Would be interesting to see how Foreman would have fought against an opponent that much bigger and faster than him, however.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #59
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Lets not get carried away here.

He is good, but nobody is that good.
janitor is online now  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #60
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
the two reasons would be what foreman did: pushed frazier back and threw uppercuts.

wlad really does neither consistently. he almost NEVER throws uppercuts and he uses his movement, not his strength to create distance. joe's an expert at rolling with the straight punches that wlad throws and closing the distance.

past prime or not, ali's movement was tremendous and in 71, he could keep joe off him. i LOVE wlad, don't get me wrong. but he hasn't demonstrated the physicality or uppercut to deal with a peak frazier. just my opinion anyway
The way Frazier fights, Wlad would be pushing down on his back and shoulders all night or else keeping him at bay with his jab. I foresee Frazier getting horribly marked up throughout the course of the contest, and possibly getting stopped, though more likely making it to the finishing line before losing a lopsided decision.

I really, really, don't think Wlad would be a good matchup for him.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum