Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #61
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "Wladimir versus The Legends."

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Ring magazine this month stacks Wlad up against the ten greatest HW's, including some cool mock up photos for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Joe Louis KO7 Wlad
"In the end, a Louis-Klitschko bout features a fighter with a dubious jaw against perhaps the greatest puncher of all time.

Wlad WPTS Rocky Marciano
"Our guess is that a Maricano-Klitschko bout would be ugle with Klitschko trying to smother Marciano, and Marciano gallantly trying to land something."

Wlad KO5 Floyd Patterson
"You can bet on Patterson hitting the canvas a few times in this one, gamely taking punches until the referee puts an end to it."

Sonny Liston KO5 Wlad
"A fierce, aggressive predator, Liston wouldn't allow Klitschko to simply stand in front of him and parry with his jab. Liston would force Klitschko to fight."

Ali WPTS Wlad
"Ali would come on strong during the last few rounds, alnd some crackling right leads over Wlad's lazy left."

Joe Frazier WPTS Wlad
"Wlad might land some bombs and maybe even drop JOe a couple of times. But Wlad's habit of waiting for the perfect moment to strike would be disastrous against Frazier."

George Foreman KO10 Wlad
"Foreman could take a punch and would walk through Wlad's jab until he could land some bludgeoning punches."

Larry Holmes WPTS Wlad
Holmes was a rarity in that he was a bully who had the skill and toughness to back up his bullying...Holmes would outwork him."

Mike Tyson WPTS Wlad
The vintage Tyson...would have intimidated Wlad into freezing up."

Lennox Lewis KO10 Wlad
He would est Klitschko in a test match for a few rounds before turning up the aggression and finally answering the question of how many pile-driving right-hands it would take.

Thoughts?
Wlad could win or lose any of these fights.

Foreman KO 10? Foreman would be gassed by then. If you want Foreman, I think an early to mid round KO is a much better pick.

I think Wlad would likely defeat Frazier. Keep in mind Wlad improved a lot post Sanders. No way Frazield take his power, and Wlad might even be a better clincher than Ali. In fact I think he is.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #62
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
I don't think Foreman would bomb Wlad out early, but if he gets the upper hand with his jab and begins to push Wlad back to the ropes, then I think he gets a mid rounds stoppage via TKO.

Would be interesting to see how Foreman would have fought against an opponent that much bigger and faster than him, however.
I think a big problem for George here is that Wlad has brutal power too.
So foreman could also be pushed to the ropes.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #63
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tokyo Tyson KO's Wlad

The uppercut Tyson landed on Douglas would've literally two pieced his jaw and broken his neck

I'm sorry but Tyson is the worst possible match up for him ... even the injured version of the Williams fight still conquers his soul and breaks his will
Wladimir always got up from a punch.
Always.

Also I doubt Wlad would get overconfident mid rounds like Douglas.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #64
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
I think a big problem for George here is that Wlad has brutal power too.
So foreman could also be pushed to the ropes.
Yeah, I know. That was just the way I saw Foreman winning the fight, not how I see the fight going down.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #65
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
The way Frazier fights, Wlad would be pushing down on his back and shoulders all night or else keeping him at bay with his jab. I foresee Frazier getting horribly marked up throughout the course of the contest, and possibly getting stopped, though more likely making it to the finishing line before losing a lopsided decision.

I really, really, don't think Wlad would be a good matchup for him.
good point. i'll have to reconsider a bit. if he uses that tactic, it might well wear him down. course, he didn't seem to have too much trouble with ali wrenching on his neck for 3 fights
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #66
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
good point. i'll have to reconsider a bit. if he uses that tactic, it might well wear him down. course, he didn't seem to have too much trouble with ali wrenching on his neck for 3 fights
True, though given the choice between having a 215lb man wrenching on your neck vs a 245lb man pushing down on you with all his weight, I'd probably take the former. I'd have a pretty sore neck the next day, but I wouldn't feel as if I'd just run a marathon.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #67
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Wladimir always got up from a punch.
Always.

Also I doubt Wlad would get overconfident mid rounds like Douglas.
Wladimir also always gets hurt from a punch that lands flush
Always

Wlad would throw one jab and Tyson would slip it and deliver a pouncing left hook penetrating his guard sending him out the ring leaving him convulsing in a grand mal seizure

Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, Larry Holmes and others had never been KOed before and had good chins ... until they fought Tyson. And glass jawed Wlad is going to survive against the greatest fighter in history?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #68
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wladimir also always gets hurt from a punch that lands flush
Always

Wlad would throw one jab and Tyson would slip it and deliver a pouncing left hook penetrating his guard sending him out the ring leaving him convulsing in a grand mal seizure

Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, Larry Holmes and others had never been KOed before and had good chins ... until they fought Tyson. And glass jawed Wlad is going to survive against the greatest fighter in history?
absolutely. i just don't see harry greb stopping wlad. too small

tyson though has a strong chance of knocking out wlad. the difference though between wlad and thomas or tubbs is that he is MUCH MUCH better. the holmes that tyson knocked out was not peak but still had a bit left in him. this wlad is still far far more effective than that holmes was (not better than larry but more effective in the ring)

tyson could knock him out cold. or wlad could move, jab, grab and frustrate tyson until its time to unleash the right. wlad is likely a top 10 heavyweight when all is said and done. at this level almost any fighter could beat another on the right night. wlad will try to do what tucker did but better or what smith did in round 12.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #69
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Even with that way of fighting those guys took serious shots. You are not going to stop prime Tyson from getting his punches in. Mitch Green tried that and lost some teeth. Bonecrusher Smith was cut and hurt.

Wlad looks good hitting guys with no real defense but Iron Mike Tyson is a completely different story. Wlad is hardly better than Thomas or Tubbs or the Holmes that fought Mike.

If Wlad couldn't handle Corrie Sanders hand speed, then he has zero chance against Iron Mike.

If they fought 1000 times Mike would win every single time. 950 times before the 3rd round. The other 50 times Wlad bitches out with a fake injury.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #70
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Even with that way of fighting those guys took serious shots. You are not going to stop prime Tyson from getting his punches in. Mitch Green tried that and lost some teeth. Bonecrusher Smith was cut and hurt.

Wlad looks good hitting guys with no real defense but Iron Mike Tyson is a completely different story. Wlad is hardly better than Thomas or Tubbs or the Holmes that fought Mike.

If Wlad couldn't handle Corrie Sanders hand speed, then he has zero chance against Iron Mike.

If they fought 1000 times Mike would win every single time. 950 times before the 3rd round. The other 50 times Wlad bitches out with a fake injury.
there is no way i can get behind this statement. imo wlad is much better than that the first two and he has mastered the style to a significantly higher degree that green and smith tried. i love tubbs but even at his best, he wasn't as good as wlad. i wouldn't put thomas in his league.

mike is great and has the right style for wlad. strangely though, wlad may have the right style for mike to. depends on who can work their respective gameplan.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #71
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

sorry but Wlad cannot deal with Tysons speed, power, athleticism, defense, overall skill and most importantly his ferocity.

No man in the long history of humanity could beat a prime Mike Tyson in a boxing match. He was in a class of his own.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #72
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
I think Wlad stops Marciano, beats Liston on points, knocks Frazier out, beats Foreman on points or stops him late and gets stopped by Tyson.

Im undecided by with Ali and Louis, I actually think those fights would be quite close.
Ali would totally school him. How could Vlad make it close ? He CAN`T hurt Ali, speed ? Not even in the ballpark, mental strength and tougness, no comparison, ring savvy, again no comparison. Ali would take a few rds to figure him out, then blister him with combinations that robotic Vald would have no chance against... Plus, prime Clay was a slasher when he hit people so i see it possible stoppage on cuts...

Last edited by Waynegrade; 11-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #73
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As for Tyson, prime Tyson he KO`s Vlad... Vlad`s chin, very shaky. Come on ! Sanders, Brewster, they are not in Tyson`s league as far as power. What EVERYONE seems to forget that with Tyson it wasn`t just the power with him. Rather the footwork and speed that got his fist to the destination. Vlad gets off slow, and I can`t be the only one to think that if Tyson hits Vlad one solid shot, ONE ! Fights over...The Tyson that wrecked Spinks, Homes and cleaned out the division, that Tyson hurts Vlad...

Last edited by Waynegrade; 11-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #74
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
there is no way i can get behind this statement. imo wlad is much better than that the first two and he has mastered the style to a significantly higher degree that green and smith tried. i love tubbs but even at his best, he wasn't as good as wlad. i wouldn't put thomas in his league.

mike is great and has the right style for wlad. strangely though, wlad may have the right style for mike to. depends on who can work their respective gameplan.
Vlad does not have the beard to take true Tyson bomb, no doubt about it. Think Brewster and Sanders
Old 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #75
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I want to vomit when I read about people raving about Vlad`s jab. Held low, pawed from his chest. Has anyone truly watched Holmes piston like stick ? Ali`s was much faster than Vlad`s, but Holmes was a nasty,nasty weapon. It was fast and it was heavy he used it to set the tone,punish and ultimately set up his sharp right hand. In a battle of jabs with Holmes and Vlad, Holmes without a doubt gets there faster and with punishing results...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum