Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Flintoff Opponent Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
As i mentioned earlier, giving it a go is fine but really should be done in AM's. TBH the clips of Flintoff he's not great i'd like to see him get through this and then jack it in.

This sport shouldn't be played at, but his saving grace is fact they ain't gonna put him in with anyone to test him. But it's all pretty pointless really he's playing at the sport if he will only face soft touches. This guy could be ok but could easily be a Zelenoff type show fighter..
Flintoff does look ordinary. I thought once he got in shape, and to his credit he has, he might go a bit better.

They were never going to put him in with anyone much good. But that's the same for all these guys that come in to it late from other sports. Look at Kimbo Slice for example, and he's from a fighting background.

Not sure why, particularly at Flintoff's age, you'd suggest he start in the amateurs? Particularly also when there's some serious coin to be made.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Quote:
As i mentioned earlier, giving it a go is fine but really should be done in AM's. TBH the clips of Flintoff he's not great i'd like to see him get through this and then jack it in.

This sport shouldn't be played at, but his saving grace is fact they ain't gonna put him in with anyone to test him. But it's all pretty pointless really he's playing at the sport if he will only face soft touches. This guy could be ok but could easily be a Zelenoff type show fighter..
He'll fight till he reaches his level, just like anyone else..

If he gets sparked out in his first fight then so be it, he knows what he's letting himself in for.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I thought they would have him fight an aussie
Robert is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Flintoff does look ordinary. I thought once he got in shape, and to his credit he has, he might go a bit better.

They were never going to put him in with anyone much good. But that's the same for all these guys that come in to it late from other sports. Look at Kimbo Slice for example, and he's from a fighting background.

Not sure why, particularly at Flintoff's age, you'd suggest he start in the amateurs? Particularly also when there's some serious coin to be made.
I understand he wants the coin but he's a novice like many others just has a notable name. He can rake it in but doesn't mean i agree with it in principle.

I don't expect him to face anyone, Kimbo's a guy who's fought decent level in MMA he's come into pro ranks to earn but isn't fighting in a arena like the Manchester Arena and not on a TV channel like Boxnation.

Slightly different cases, good luck to Flintoff like all boxers i want him to be safe and more so because of his name. It wouldn't look good if he did get sparked and was out cold on floor by someone decent enough to land a punch.

TBH he looks that poor i'd fancy the lad Iceferg to beat him IMO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
I understand he wants the coin but he's a novice like many others just has a notable name. He can rake it in but doesn't mean i agree with it in principle.

I don't expect him to face anyone, Kimbo's a guy who's fought decent level in MMA he's come into pro ranks to earn but isn't fighting in a arena like the Manchester Arena and not on a TV channel like Boxnation.

Slightly different cases, good luck to Flintoff like all boxers i want him to be safe and more so because of his name. It wouldn't look good if he did get sparked and was out cold on floor by someone decent enough to land a punch.

TBH he looks that poor i'd fancy the lad Iceferg to beat him IMO.
Don't get me wrong on Flintoff. I think it's nothing more than sideshow value. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it. But I don't see any sense in him pulling on a headguard and fighting in the amateurs either.

Adam Hollioake has been giving fighting a crack in Australia. He's had two pro boxing matches and at least one MMA fight so far.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Don't get me wrong on Flintoff. I think it's nothing more than sideshow value. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it. But I don't see any sense in him pulling on a headguard and fighting in the amateurs either.

Adam Hollioake has been giving fighting a crack in Australia. He's had two pro boxing matches and at least one MMA fight so far.
Nor would i if i was in his shoes actually, he's made a shitload as it is. Giving the sport is one thing, caking it when your poor at it is another. Not sure how much he'll earn but if he really wanted to give it a go he could get fairly matched in AM's. A proper hard fight for him without being to tough.

Smelt a pound note springs to mind, He knows he's not going to face anyone tough. But hey ho it's not anything new or outrageous. Just don't agree with the sentiments of giving it a go when he could in AM's that's all.

I like Adam and wish him all the best, He's had money issues i heard?. Plus the death of Ben i think rocked him badly.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
The Spider

vCash:

Sadly, in Adam's case I think money is a big part of the motivation for fighting. Not that he'd be making much doing it, mind you.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #23
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Maloney can **** off and die.

Bitter little cunt he is.
He's absolutely spot on though...this could end ****ing badly
icemax is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204

Money is definitely the driver for Adam Hollioake, his businesses went under and he got left with **** all. As for Flintoff, like the rest of his career, it's all a managed PR and sponsorship opportunity to "keep his name out there". He'll probably win the fight, to order, and retire afterwards saying that he's just happy that he gave his dream a go and blah blah blah what a load of shit. From Lord's to the Ring indeed, it'll be Youth Hostelling With Chris Eubank next.
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
1_Pablo_Angel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150

Monkey tennis
1_Pablo_Angel is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #26
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204

Inner City Sumo
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
i shot FW

good luck to fred, hope he does well he dont need to box he wants too. all the best to him at his age to box pro he must love the spot.
i shot FW is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
tyewil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 677

Was thinking he shoulld of done something like this, first orr instead

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jVWcBWoN9Y[/ame]

or

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZHa9VffmO8[/ame]

But to be honest i can only see the positive shockwaves from this event.

He wont lose.
Bring a new audience to boxing
The guys on the undercard get the chance to shine to the causals
Might get people joining gyms thinking if freddie can do it
tyewil is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
Rutzini
Bob n Weave

vCash: 557

Lads, (I think) everyone is forgetting that Freddie HAS NO ambition to be world champion. He's left cricket, was lost to what to do so thought he's have a box. Why not? He might fight 8 no-names, win 6, lose 2. So?

Boxing is fun and is a sport.
Rutzini is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #30
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Pablo_Angel View Post
Monkey tennis
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now we're talking

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum