Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #46
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Iain John Lewis is destroying Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyborg1917 View Post
Your basing your opinion on your imagination! We're basing ours on empirical fact; having seen the stoppage.
I'll watch it when I can.

I don't need to see it really, but I'm guessing the ref could foresee something happening in the fight. Enzo may have been fine, but if the ref can see something bad coming, he is right to step in.

The idea is, you don't let it get to the point or that far. If you can, you step in, and the referee is within the rules to stop the fight.

Can I ask, was Enzo defending himself at all times?

The ref wouldn't have stepped in if he didn't see something, surely? It may have been premature, but your better being safe, than sorry.
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #47
Badgeronimous
Will you stand?
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I don't think it is too much of an over reaction to say tonight was a poor stoppaage. It was an exchange, nothing more.

Theres the stoppage here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmIwBGu2B0[/ame]
Badgeronimous is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #48
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
Is it not obvious to jump in and save someone taking a ****ing hideing.. Enzo has a shit chin and wasnt even wobbled..
Correct. Like I said before, this isn't Carl Froch, this is Enzo who has looked very hurt in previous fights. If your gonna step in early with any fighter, Enzo's reputation of recent would make a ref edgey.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #49
Vyborg1917
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I don't need to see it really
That's me off.
Vyborg1917 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #50
makkipalwan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

that was an awful stoppage, I feel sorry for Enzo and his team.
makkipalwan is online now  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #51
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
Craney, only you could argue about that stoppage, made more ridiculous by the fact you havent seen it you complete and utter wanker. **** you.
hes a joke of a troll
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #52
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

just block craney, he talks shit. hasn't even seen the stoppage and hes defending it. thank god for the IGNORE option
lirva is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #53
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
People complaining about the stoppage, but to be brutally honest, if you was gonna call the fight of earlier than normal with a fighter, it would be Enzo.

That ref is closer to him than all of us, and if he can see some bad signs in his eyes, or body, the ref is entitled to step in prematurely, it only takes one more, and this is Enzo guys.

I didn't see the fight, I don't think I need to.
Yeah no point in seeing the fight or the stoppage to make an analysis on it . And before you reply to this post, i backed McKenzie by ko in the 1st 3 rounds and was happy that it got stopped prematurely and i won more money than you get for 3 months disabilty benefits and that Enzo never seriously got hurt too so it was win win in my eyes. But dont make such a judgement until you see the stoppage ya ****in diddy. Im sure you will reply with a detailed 4 paragraph response that will show that you actually have good knowledge of the sport but it will be littered with about 40 smilies so i wont read it.
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #54
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgeronimous View Post
I don't think it is too much of an over reaction to say tonight was a poor stoppaage. It was an exchange, nothing more.

Theres the stoppage here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Right, Ovil landed a heavy punch and Enzo's head rolled back and wobbled, he wasn't in control. His body started to wobble and the ref stepped in to have a look in his eyes. If the ref can see something bad coming for Enzo, he can stop the fight, whether you like it or not. Obviously many on here want to see a fight and a 12 round war, and I don't like that ref most of the time.....but he was correct here IMO.

He was the ref in the Mcphilbin-Enzo fight and he was awful, but Enzo looked really bad in that fight, down a few times, the same ref was in there that night. Perhaps he could see Enzo going. One more punch like that could have hurt Enzo.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #55
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Enzo was robbed there.............

You can see him looking at the ref like "what the **** are you doing in front of me ?"

He thought Mckenzie was still in front of him until the punches stopped he took his gloves down and Ian John Lewis was holding him by the head trying to treat him like he was on the verge of going unconciouness.

Silly stoppage.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #56
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Thanks for posting .

Right that to me is a guy who's gone in with a preconcieved idea of the fight. Ie. he knows Enzo is chinny and seen his head rock twice and dived in not sure whether he's hurt or not and though ''crap, i'm da weferee and i'm not sure what to do!!'' and then dawned on him he has to stop it because he's interupted the attack and stood in front of Enzo.

Utterly awful refereeing..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #57
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Didn't need to see the vid in the end, it was pretty much how I predicted.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't want to see any fighter permanently damaged. Fighters have died in the ring in fights the ref could have stepped in early when he was taking damage.

A fight not that long ago, on the Witter-Gavin bill, the one kid got battered all fight and the ref could have stepped in plenty of times, but he didnt, and the kid was in danger.....even Bunce went mad after the fight.

The ref has reffed Enzo fights in the past, he knows the reputation. SPB is right, it may have been bad memories that made him step in a bit soon. But I'll say it again, this is Enzo, not Carl Froch.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #58
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe the ref was influenced by alot of people saying Enzo should not be in the ring anymore - after suffering a few bad knockouts.

There is no way the ref would have done that to him - if he was some young rising undefeated fighter.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #59
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Didn't need to see the vid in the end, it was pretty much how I predicted.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't want to see any fighter permanently damaged. Fighters have died in the ring in fights the ref could have stepped in early when he was taking damage.

A fight not that long ago, on the Witter-Gavin bill, the one kid got battered all fight and the ref could have stepped in plenty of times, but he didnt, and the kid was in danger.....even Bunce went mad after the fight.

The ref has reffed Enzo fights in the past, he knows the reputation. SPB is right, it may have been bad memories that made him step in a bit soon. But I'll say it again, this is Enzo, not Carl Froch.
ladies and gentlemen this is the result of a male who does not get ***
now how do i block this fool?
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #60
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That ref was the ref in the Enzo-Mcphilbin fight White Tiger.

Like I said, if you was gonna step in early with any fighter, Enzo is at the top. And because the ref has seen bad signs from Enzo before, he is right to step in early for his safety.

I don't like the ref, he is shit, but this decision was right IMO. The one thing I don't agree with is his uncertainty, he steps in and doesn't know what to do.

Thats not good enough, you either stop the fight, or not.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum