Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 04-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 550
Default Muay Thai gloves and boxing

I see a lot of muay thai gloves on the internet, made to order, real cow leather for about half the price of a good pair of gloves. I've been using these cheap ass 14 oz everlast and now the padding is dying and my hands are getting pretty banged up.

Is there any big differnce between the gloves? I can save about 50-100 bucks getting the muay thai gloves.
deadhead is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Post Re: Muay Thai gloves and boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
I see a lot of muay thai gloves on the internet, made to order, real cow leather for about half the price of a good pair of gloves. I've been using these cheap ass 14 oz everlast and now the padding is dying and my hands are getting pretty banged up.

Is there any big differnce between the gloves? I can save about 50-100 bucks getting the muay thai gloves.
MT gloves are basically the same with a few tiny differences that make them a good choice as an all purpose glove for boxers. The have slightly more padding on the back of the glove and round the wrists to deal with the extra sting of a kick which is great for added protection in sparring and extra wrist support on the bag. It also allows you to use a slightly smaller glove for pad and bag work than would be traditionally used by a boxer. They are also slightly stiffer at first but break in nicely being leather and honestly last for years.

Twins are good but I love the brown coloured Boon gloves a simple classic comfortable and very beautiful glove. I'm a glove junkie and have tried most brands over the years and for me Thai gloves aren't just the best value but are also very versatile and long lasting. I love my 8oz white Reyes, I use them only on the pads but they really don't last and my wrist occasionally rolls in them.

One thing, don't buy the MT gloves made buy western brands get the real McCoy:

Twins
Boon
Sandee
Thaismai
Raja
Top King (basically Twins)
Fairtex
FBT

There are more but I can't think of them all right now but the above ones are the most easily available. They are all good and around the same price but I'd recommend Boon, great gloves but ***y to. Once u try Thai there's no turning back!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
oatman12345
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 857
Default Re: Muay Thai gloves and boxing

I have had a pair of twins and have used them since Oct 28th 2008 and they are still good. Real worth the money.
oatman12345 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing