Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #31
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If a prime George Foreman was transplanted into this era how well would he do?

My questions to those who are picking foreman to beat the Klitschko's :

1. How is he going to hit them with any degree of regularity.? He wasn't a one punch knockout artist, so he's going to need to establish a pattern, and frankly I don't think he's doing that against two men who outreach him and have a strong outside fighting game.

2. Assuming one or both Klits survive the early rounds, how will Foreman fair in the latter half of the fight, given his track record of gassing late?

3. How is Foreman going to physically impose himself on foes who have 3-4 inches in height, outweigh him by a significant margin, and are probably stronger?
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #32
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535
Default Re: If a prime George Foreman was transplanted into this era how well would he do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
It would be like Germany invading Poland all over again.
lmao!
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #33
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

If you literally picked up the Foreman and dropped him in to this era he would beat everyone with ease but the Klitschko's.

I'd still favour him over Wlad who would get caught with something at some point just like in his recent fight with Wach. Foreman is durable enough to not get stopped early and clearly has the power to KO Wlad as well as the ability to finish off an opponent who is hurt.

Prime Vitali probably beats him. Though I have my doubts. Lewis' game plan of simply walking down Vitali behind a stiff jab was hardly something beyond prime Foreman, so would not be surprised if he was able to even beat a prime Vitali. The current old Vitali definitely gets ground down.

But if you were to take a young Foreman and give him access to modern training, nutrition and handled his career properly, giving him a decent amateur back ground and good trainers I think he would have been a dominant champion.

People say Foreman in his prime was crude and he was, but this was because he was still learning to box hence which is why he was more skilled later in his career. He had very little amateur experience despite winning the Olympic title. He has his first amateur fight in late 66 yet was Olympic champion in 68. How many fighters do you think could have won an Olympic title with so little experience?
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

A lot of really delusional types who don't know shit about boxing on this forum. Thinking that a crude slugger with no defense, no inside game, and bad stamina is going to run through everybody in the division. Foreman was a bum, technically speaking. In his prime, he barely got by Peralta, went life and death with Ron Lyle, and got spanked by Jimmy Young.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 887

He'd beat everyone but Wald.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think he bangs out quite a few guys pretty quickly but may have trouble with guys like Sultan Ibragimov, Chris Byrd and a few punchers...you can fight in any era but few guys fight everyone...In Foreman's prime or near prime he avoided guys like Quarry, possibly Bonavena and when he fought a guy that Quarry easily beat Lyle he had a life and death battle that could have been stopped several times in Lyle's favor as far as boxers he was winded and KO'd by Ali and dropped and beaten by Young.

As far as the Klitschko's he will always have a punchers chance vs anyone but he would have to take his shot early because prime Foreman had a small fuel tank...after the first few rounds and the Klitschko jab he would get drunk tired and donions
Bummy Davis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum