Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Did Chisora put on the best performance against a Klitschko in the last 5 years?

I can't think of anyone since 2007 who

a) lasted the distance
b) won a good few rounds
c) implemented a style and gameplan that constantly had a Klitschko on the back foot for 12 rounds.

Can you think of anyone who outperformed Chisora??
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
fortysixando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Did Chisora put on the best performance against a Klitschko in the last 5 years?

i agree with that
fortysixando is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Chisora put on the best performance against a Klitschko in the last 5 years?

Yeah second that it was a bloody good effort..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Best effort i think so yeah.
That said though Vitali could barely use his left arm which setsup his entire offense and defense.

I have my doubt if the jab, left hook or that hybrid hook/uppercut were working it would be a very different fight.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

No. Only last night Wach almost put a Klitschko down and that was against the better one who isn't shot or injured.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
I can't think of anyone since 2007 who

a) lasted the distance
b) won a good few rounds
c) implemented a style and gameplan that constantly had a Klitschko on the back foot for 12 rounds.

Can you think of anyone who outperformed Chisora??
He won maybe two rounds. His success has been massively overstated, especially considering Vitali injured his arm.

Arreola had Vitali on the backfoot and he gets no special credit. Vitali's always been happy playing counter puncher.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
He won maybe two rounds. His success has been massively overstated, especially considering Vitali injured his arm.

Arreola had Vitali on the backfoot and he gets no special credit. Vitali's always been happy playing counter puncher.

Arreola got stopped though.

AND cried.
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
Arreola got stopped though.

AND cried.
I'm just saying getting him on the backfoot is that much of an achievement when a simple plodder did it.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
Masterclass2012
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

my man tunde ruled dat shit
Masterclass2012 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Chisora put up the best effort Ive seen. Wach last night about equaled it in my opinion,if he had had a little more time in whichever round he hurt Wlad he might even have scored a knockdown. Both these lads gave it a go and showed great heart but both were in the end beaten out of sight.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
No. Only last night Wach almost put a Klitschko down and that was against the better one who isn't shot or injured.
Was nowhere near to putting him down.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

I rarely watch the Klitschko's, I don't mind Wladimir, he's a damn good fighter I just can't stand watching him fight the dross contenders in the division.

I haven't watched his last 3 fights, the last Klit related fight I watched was TKO6/Chisora, Dereck put in a good effort that night against an over the hill Vitali.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Was nowhere near to putting him down.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnmG432YecA&list=FLLZY31efE6cfs4GtCrI9jhw&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

I still reckon that was the closet he was to being put down since Peter 1. Wonder what would have happened had it have landed much earlier in the round.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Wlad is a totally different proposition to vitali though

I thought haye gave wlad the most problems since Peter, but his success was only in terms of disrupting wlads game plan. He didn't get anything of his own going at all. That's the beauty of wlads style now.

Im not saying haye had a lot of success either. But after watching one fat American after another plod onto the end of wlads jabs for multiple rounds it was refreshing to see someone actually slip a few shots, make wlad think a bit.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Wlad is a totally different proposition to vitali though

I thought haye gave wlad the most problems since Peter, but his success was only in terms of disrupting wlads game plan. He didn't get anything of his own going at all. That's the beauty of wlads style now.

Im not saying haye had a lot of success either. But after watching one fat American after another plod onto the end of wlads jabs for multiple rounds it was refreshing to see someone actually slip a few shots, make wlad think a bit.
Agreed, Haye gets a lot of shit for that fight (most deserved admittedly) but the truth is had Haye been some humble guy from another country that hadnt talked shit for years then we would be crediting one of the better performances of a fighter vs Wlad rather than critisizing what he didnt do (or what he said he'd do.)

Anyway, he might become more popular after his TKO6jarstars over notorious london tough man Huge whatshisface, although his ducking of Colin Bates is hard to ignore.
Journey Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum