Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
goby
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Broner and this brush gimmick

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???

Last edited by goby; 11-14-2012 at 03:37 PM.
goby is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172
Default Re: Broner and this brush gimmick

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???

KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

its the brush, homie. daaaaaaaa brrrrrrrush

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

It's just his way of getting attention... he must be doing something right because were talking about him.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
It's just his way of getting attention... he must be doing something right because were talking about him.
Stay on topic please.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

Quote:
Quote:

You know the topic, please stay on it.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

he copies floyd

he copies ali (ali was seen brushing his own hair in his later years in the post fight interview)
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
hellsbells
nihil sub sole novum

vCash: 117

I like Fat Dan, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one thinking his 800lb father is pretty stupid? It seems like his hair keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for a circus act with this fat man when he is disrespectful. Its kinda in the ring and looks like this weekend with hair schtick.
hellsbells is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
goby
Journeyman

Quote:

I guess. But why have your dad brush your hair like a servant? I mean, thats your father. Maybe have some two bit whore follow you around to do that. If Im his 800lb father not only am I worried about my heart spontaneously exploding, but I would be worried as to why my kid has me looking like a douche combing his hair when Im his father??
goby is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goby View Post
I guess. But why have your dad brush your hair like a servant? I mean, thats your father. Maybe have some two bit whore follow you around to do that. If Im his 800lb father not only am I worried about my heart spontaneously exploding, but I would be worried as to why my kid has me looking like a douche combing his hair when Im his father??
If you followed him, you would know that originally, his homies started out doing the brushing.

Only after he became (in)famous did Pop's take over. Apparently, this is something Pop wanted to do.

And geez, it's all in fun, and making them big $$$.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:

The thing has a life of its own.

Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
goby
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
If you followed him, you would know that originally, his homies started out doing the brushing.

Only after he became (in)famous did Pop's take over. Apparently, this is something Pop wanted to do.

And geez, it's all in fun, and making them big $$$.

Ok, if thats their thing. I know its all in fun, but you cant come up with something actually funny or that might come off a little more novel for a boxer (Broner screams unoriginality between the "brush" idea and acting like a poor mans Floyd Mayweather)? But ya, thats their deal. As long as his fights keep being entertaining and he keeps winning, Ill "brush" off the combing the hair thing by the fat guy. And of course Im now a hater just because I think its stupid even though I still enjoy watching his fights.
goby is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Forza is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum