Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Is Lucas Matthysse Best Fighter at 140lb?
Yes 31 50.82%
No 23 37.70%
Definately! 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157
Default Re: Matthysse Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision not named Marquez?(Garcia,Rios,kh

Lucas will prove to everyone to be one of the greatest 140 pounders of all time.

I can't freaking wait.
Garrus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
P5_Boricua
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthysse Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision not named Marquez?(Garcia,Rios,kh

Definately the number one Warrior in the division but you cant go labeling him as the number one guy overall just yet. Id like to see how he looks when he is in there with someone who can take a punch and give one right back! War Garcia!!!!
P5_Boricua is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #33
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally posted by Garrus
Lucas will prove to everyone to be one of the greatest 140 pounders of all time.

I can't freaking wait.
He needs to get the fights first.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #34
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

He'll get them.

Isn't he Garcia's mandatory?

An ATG in the making this guy is.

Argentina!
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #35
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Matthysse Most Avoided/Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision??(Jmm,Garcia,Rios,kh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
He called out the whole division.Bradley,peterson,khan,garcia,rios(mostly arum) wants no part of him & neither guy has fought him.Khan ignored Lucas for years & after he lost to Garcia called Matthysse out, Lucas said khans going to have to wait cause he never gave him a chance or answered his call when he tried numerous times to fight him among many others.I'm pretty sure he's the most avoided fighter at 140lb belt or not & many would agree with me on that.You're entitled to your own opinion though & respect it.I didn't say Garcia was running but I wouldn't be surprised if he was or anybody else.
Did you, like, dream all of that up or something? Not taking the piss, seriously. It's just that I don't remember hardly any of that happening.

Lucas has only just recently emerged as a serious name to consider. You can't go labelling him as someone who everybody's been running from, especially when those people...
  • haven't even had the chance to run from him yet (Garcia)
  • are with a different promotional company (Rios)
  • have been busy involved in settling scores with other fighters (Khan, Peterson and Bradley)
Besides, if Lucas was being avoided by everyone, then big names like Judah and Alexander -- and Morales while we're at it (he was scheduled to fight him) -- wouldn't have fought him and subsequently given him more attention and sympathy than he normally would have got. And that's the only thing you can say about him - that he's been on the end of very unfair decisions. That's all.

But saying that, I do understand why you're of the opinion he's the most avoided man. It's just that I think you're a little premature in saying it. I too believe that, because of how dangerous he is and the high-risk, low-reward offering he brings with him, the more popular names of the division would choose not to fight him if they could. But we just have to wait for that to happen, first.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #36
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Matthyse v Garcia = Matthyse by Brutality
Matthyse v Khan = Matthyse by Fatality
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #37
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Matthyse v Garcia = Matthyse by Brutality
Matthyse v Khan = Matthyse by Fatality
You already know.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
Rios is irrelevant at 140lbs. GBP owns the JrWW division and Rios only options there are a rematch with Alvarado and a fight with Pac. (Which will happen according to Scumbag Arum)

Matthysse vs Garcia should be done to decide to is the man at 140lbs!!!
rios is a bigger attraction at 140 than matthysse or garcia.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #39
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

Lucas is the truth. He will clean out and rule 140 with iron fists, literally. He has to be the hardest puncher I have seen at 140 in quite some time. Since his two losses, he now starts fast and is a wrecking machine. I feel bad for whoever steps into the ring with him.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
southsidegym
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

why do people forget Judah beat him already
southsidegym is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #41
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
rios is a bigger attraction at 140 than matthysse or garcia.
Nobody asked who's the bigger attraction but being Mexican considering huge fan base & on hbo definitely doesn't hurt.I still haven't forgot abril-rios biggest robbery of year by far & that was at 135lb.Tell your boi rios this is Matthysse division.Alvarado was winning 4-2 & was a controversial stoppage(didn't say bad or horrible but definitely questionable Alvarado was worse vs prescott & stopped him last minute he didn't get a fair shake.Matthysse is another animal though.Garcia,rios fans just don't understand till Lucas finally gets his opportunity & take's his.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #42
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
I've been saying it for a minute,Matthyse# 1 with none other than Marquez(Guy skooled pac 3x got to give credit were it's due) you decide who's better.It's a stacked division & Matthyse is too good to be anybody's gatekeeper.32 fights & still undefeated in most peoples eyes(30 KO's two very controversial decisions, his only losses are split decisions vs 2 Americans in their hometown/country).People trying to argue a split decision for either fighter(judah,alexander) are delusional they seem to miss Lucas was in lose-lose situation from get go(It's hard to win when you not only have to fight your opposition but corrupt promoter, bias ref/& judges just too much for anybody.He engaged & knocked both down,did his job too bad judges didn't & laughed their way to the bank.Lucas is on a mission to never get robbed again,& so far it's working against quality opposition in 2 of the most avoided fighters(Soto,& 4yr #1 mandatory Ajose).Respect Garica kid but if anybody thinks a 35 yr inflated featherweight in Morales & China chin khan are more impressive wins somethings wrong.4 KO's or stoppages since last robbery Matthysse best fighter aside from Marquez??,Your thoughts.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Matthysse is a beast no doubt.
The point about taking on two avoided fighters is true.
But still early days; i can't wait to see who he fights next though.....
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #43
MollyWhop
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Garcia is the man.

#CrispyLeft
MollyWhop is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #44
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by southsidegym View Post
why do people forget Judah beat him already
Ya, 2 years and 6 fights ago

Zab beat Matthysse when he had only gone past 4 rounds once in his entire career.

Not to mention, majority of the people who watched that fight had it for Matthysse.

Good win for zab, but needs to be taken into context (most feel lucas won, was his first big fight, it was two years ago)
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #45
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444
Default Re: Matthysse Most Avoided/Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision??(Jmm,Garcia,Rios,kh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkalleb View Post
Zab beat this guy.
good fighter, very tough.
On paper.
box4life11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum