Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Is Lucas Matthysse Best Fighter at 140lb?
Yes 31 50.82%
No 23 37.70%
Definately! 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #46
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444
Default Re: Matthysse Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision not named Marquez?(Garcia,Rios,kh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyWhop View Post
Garcia is the man.

#CrispyLeft
You and Garcia both know what would happen in that fight.
box4life11 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #47
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Matthysse Most Avoided/Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision??(Jmm,Garcia,Rios,kh

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegriffin View Post
I think Garcia is number 1 with a knock out win over Amir Khan. Amir Khan although he doesn't have all that good of a chin beat Kotelnik ( many feel he was the first to beat Alexander), Maidana, Malignaggi and Judah.
ajose was better then all them guys
Old 11-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #48
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Matthysse Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision not named Marquez?(Garcia,Rios,kh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Matthyse v Garcia = Matthyse by Brutality
Matthyse v Khan = Matthyse by Fatality
I would feel bad for khan in this fight it would be like ****en Jason coming at him lol
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #49
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Come on this is pathetic. Everyone overrates Matthyse. He's just fought a whole bunch of bums and gets far because of his KO power. Any good fighter who can handle punchers will school Matthyse.
anj is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #50
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Marquez is neither the best or most avoided fighter at 140
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #51
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Come on this is pathetic. Everyone overrates Matthyse. He's just fought a whole bunch of bums and gets far because of his KO power. Any good fighter who can handle punchers will school Matthyse.
Tell that to Olusegun or Alexander...but yeh I agree with you to some extent
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #52
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

You can have a case for Lucas or Danny. Those who felt Khan was the top dawg at 140 side with Garcia. Those who think Lucas in reality really still is undefeated and robbed vs Judah and Alexander side with him. I think Alexander is as good as Khan. I have Mathysse #1 140lber, but not by much. Mathysse vs. Garcia I think a battle, perhaps even FOTY many want to see between the 2 destroyers.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #53
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

What i like about Matthyse is his application, he's an intelligent stalker, yes he takes shots but nothing that clean, and he packs, he's got that natural heavy hands look to him

Is he the best at 140? im not sure

Marquez is the best fighter in the division i think everyone can agree on that, after him comes Matthyse and a host of others, if Tim Bradley is a WW now for good then i feel id have little choice but to name Matthyse as the #2 in the division, he's better than Danny Garcia IMHO, and if the two fought i think Matthyse would walk through him TBH
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #54
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think its out of matthyse and rios
Until they fight i cantcrown a king

Garcia needs to fight one of them (or hell just fight someone alive...)
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #55
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
What i like about Matthyse is his application, he's an intelligent stalker, yes he takes shots but nothing that clean, and he packs, he's got that natural heavy hands look to him

Is he the best at 140? im not sure

Marquez is the best fighter in the division i think everyone can agree on that, after him comes Matthyse and a host of others, if Tim Bradley is a WW now for good then i feel id have little choice but to name Matthyse as the #2 in the division, he's better than Danny Garcia IMHO, and if the two fought i think Matthyse would walk through him TBH
Forget Marquez, he is not going to fight any JrWW other than Manny. Marquez is looking for his retirement check and if his 4th fight with Manny is close/controversial and sells,expect a 5th fight and farewell on both.

The fight that needs to be made at JrWW is Matthysse vs Garcia to determine the best JrWW. Rios is not even part of the equation because of the TR/GBP feud.
str1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #56
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395
Default Re: Matthysse Most Avoided/Best fighter in stacked 140lb dvision??(Jmm,Garcia,Rios,kh

Depends on the outcome of Garcia vs Judah.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

No one just "walks through" Garcia, Matthysse is perhaps even more overrated than Maidana was a few year ago.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #58
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
No one just "walks through" Garcia, Matthysse is perhaps even more overrated than Maidana was a few year ago.
How so?He's got 30 ko's knocked both down judah/alexander & his only 2 losses are split decisions to guys in their hometown.That's far from the truth it's actually the opposite.He's fought judah,alexander,soto,ajose & is willing to fight anybody overrated?wtf?How?.Garcia fought inflated featherweight 35 yr Morales 2x & china chin khan who got beat worse already(50 sec by prescottt).Rios got gift of the year vs abril & was down 4-2 before the ref stopped the fight.Peterson beat khan in controversial dec & if that wasn't enough his testosterone level was too high.Khan just got stopped silly again in 4 rounds & the rugged maidana moved up to 147lb in order to avoid his countrymen Lucas.Marquez is fighting pac & has never ensued who he wants next or if he's retiring, am I missing something?Don't think so but you sure are.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #59
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Mathysse has everything to make it big but a fanbase should rock the Mexican colors ill proudly add him to our roster, ****ING argentiness not supporting.this beast in numbers is shameful.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #60
Counterclock

Matthysse is 30 years old and in his prime, while Garcia is 24 years old and still improving.

I feel we've seen Matthysse at his best while Garcia still has years to go.

It really depends on when they face each other. The sooner for Matthysse the better.
Counterclock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum