Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Marlon Starling vs Shane Mosley

The Starling that beat Honeyghan vs the Mosley that beat DLH... who wins?
Xplosive is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Marlon Starling vs Shane Mosley

shane kicks his ass with ridiculous ease
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Starling by hard fought decision..He has the better skills, has a good enough chin to take what Mosley throws at him, which is almost a moot point anyway because he has an excellent defense that would frustrate the hell out of Shane. Marlon is quite a good inside fighter and I think he is technically better in there which would negate Shane's flurries.

Id just about rate his two close losses to Curry as good as Shane's close win over Hoya.

I still think its close though because that version of Shane was still a confidant combo throwing nightmare. If he is on his roids it certainly helps his chances.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
Woah!

No way, Starling wins a comfortable decision.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Starling by hard fought decision..He has the better skills, has a good enough chin to take what Mosley throws at him, which is almost a moot point anyway because he has an excellent defense that would frustrate the hell out of Shane. Marlon is quite a good inside fighter and I think he is technically better in there which would negate Shane's flurries.

Id just about rate his two close losses to Curry as good as Shane's close win over Hoya.

I still think its close though because that version of Shane was still a confidant combo throwing nightmare. If he is on his roids it certainly helps his chances.
Ditto that. Prime Curry brought everything and more (except maybe shoeshine flurries) than Mosely and Starling was right there with Curry twice. Mosely is a tough competitor though and I think he'd keep it close.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Woah!

No way, Starling wins a comfortable decision.
Is it really a surprise that redrooster said something completely ill-advised and ridiculous? He's a ****ing moron with no credibility, I figure people would've realized that by now (though apparently not himself).

Anyways, I agree that Starling would outbox Shane to a pretty comfy UD.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
You hold no weight around these shores. You evaporated as a poster a long time ago. What happened to you, Rooster? Did you fall from a tree as a kid and bang your head? I don't think you have fully recovered whatever happened.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Starlings skills would negate Shanes speed the same way Forrest did. He had a tight tight defence and good skills, crisp punches and smarts.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It would be a good fight, but Marlon would beat Mosely by a close decision.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
leverage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

As i recall watching the curry-starling fight it wasn't like the fight was extremely close. Curry won comfortably both times because he did more and srarling didn't do enough.

I see the same senario in this fight. As skilled as starling was, he was too lazy and cautious in the ring, and this would be his downfall against mosley. you can't win a fight on good defense alone, and mosley would outwork him with swift combos aggression. Sugar shane by ud.
leverage is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
dnr0720
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leverage View Post
As i recall watching the curry-starling fight it wasn't like the fight was extremely close. Curry won comfortably both times because he did more and srarling didn't do enough.

I see the same senario in this fight. As skilled as starling was, he was too lazy and cautious in the ring, and this would be his downfall against mosley. you can't win a fight on good defense alone, and mosley would outwork him with swift combos aggression. Sugar shane by ud.
I believe the second fight Curry won by split decision. I think Starling would be able to edge out Mosley in a close fight
dnr0720 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

Starling.

High guard with a good chin and great technical ability means trouble for Mosley. Ask Wright.

Being the bigger man doesn't hurt either.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leverage View Post

Shane is not Donald Curry. Donald Curry was defensive and was a very good boxer. Shane is a slugger with speed and that's not good against Marlon Starling. If he goes in there and doesn't box intelligently(which he wouldn't), Starling would beat him.

Starling by UD
Sonny Carson is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #14
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
You hold no weight around these shores. You evaporated as a poster a long time ago. What happened to you, Rooster? Did you fall from a tree as a kid and bang your head? I don't think you have fully recovered whatever happened.

If that were true you wouldnt be so hesitant to respond to my more recent posts regarding Norris. I knew I'd finally catch you

Still, I'll go easy on you because you're my friend

As for Sweet pea, I have forgotten more about this sport than he can ever hope to attain. I'm just that good.

And Starling I have nothing to apologize for. I've seen him in action many times. He sucks Robbi! I can't imagine him ever winning this contest. I still havent been able to shake what happened in one of his fights, him losing to Bumphus. He's a major loser in my mind.

Backed up by the first Curry fight where Donald was battling the flu. He was very weak and Starling should have taken it if he'd only stepped on the gas instead of dicking around. He showed no fire whatsoever and compared with other prospects Ayala and Camacho I dismissed him as a flop, a mediocrity.

I would be much more confident in Sugar Shane. Much better motivated, the busier fighter. He's a proven winner while Starling was really just a clown in boxing trunks.
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
If that were true you wouldnt be so hesitant to respond to my more recent posts regarding Norris. I knew I'd finally catch you

Still, I'll go easy on you because you're my friend

As for Sweet pea, I have forgotten more about this sport than he can ever hope to attain. I'm just that good.

And Starling I have nothing to apologize for. I've seen him in action many times. He sucks Robbi! I can't imagine him ever winning this contest. I still havent been able to shake what happened in one of his fights, him losing to Bumphus. He's a major loser in my mind.

Backed up by the first Curry fight where Donald was battling the flu. He was very weak and Starling should have taken it if he'd only stepped on the gas instead of dicking around. He showed no fire whatsoever and compared with other prospects Ayala and Camacho I dismissed him as a flop, a mediocrity.

I would be much more confident in Sugar Shane. Much better motivated, the busier fighter. He's a proven winner while Starling was really just a clown in boxing trunks.
Your hatin on Starling. Starling when he wasn't clowning around too much was a tough boxer. He was tough too beat and was similar to Winky Wright who beat Shane twice. I've never seen Shane beat anybody as technically sound as Starling was. He beat some quality fighter's in Mark Breland, Simon Brown, and Lyold Honeyghen. He also made a good showing in both of the Curry fight's. He almost won the first one.
Sonny Carson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum