Dai is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson Fury underrated

Yep, I too changed my opinion on Price/Fury after I saw the way Skelton roughed up Price. Always thought Fury would give him problems.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Fury has a lot of potential, but only after The Klitschkos retire..............
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Fury has a lot of potential, but only after The Klitschkos retire..............
I think he would be at least a 50% chance against Vitali.

I mean think about it, really think about it and how do they match up right now,

Wladamir obviously would be the favourite, but he's the favourite against everyone
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I can't believe how many 'casual fans' think that Fury is utter garbage.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
I can't believe how many 'casual fans' think that Fury is utter garbage.
I think it's prejudice against travellers that makes people blind tbh - can't see any other valid reason in the last 12 months

He's basically got everything in his ****nal bar one punch KO power [although even his power is underated] and boxing never has and never will be simply a 'who hits hardest competition'.

Vitali has been the most dominant heavyweight champion in my adult lifetime and he doesn't have a one punch KO either, but still takes people out brutally through accumulation and sheer heavy handed volume. I see Fury as very similar.

I also see him being tough and durable like Vitali. 12-18 months ago when Fury's defence was porous he was taking repeated monster shots square on his chin from Chisora, Firtha, Pajkic etc. and he only suffered just the one flash knockdown. Rightfully it should have been a lot more. I actually think he has a VERY good jaw and his defence has massively improved now.

That's what happens when you are as young as Fury is, you come on in leaps and bounds from one fight to the next.

I'm sure he'll be a world champion and sooner rather than later
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038

Fury's fought through adversity, but i reckon he'll be embarrassed by both Klitshko's. Different kettle of fish to the guys he's beaten. Won't have his size advantage either.
chico g is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Fury's fought through adversity, but i reckon he'll be embarrassed by both Klitshko's. Different kettle of fish to the guys he's beaten. Won't have his size advantage either.
He's taller than both brothers by a good couple of inches ...
He'd also have a good shot at Vitali,who is there to be out boxed.
Fury would give it his all against Vitali and Wlad IMO,Wlad would KO him,
vitali is 50/50.Fury could outbox him.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
He's bigger than them.

You see Dallas vs Price? The difference was noticeable, that's a 6'6 guy vs a 6'8. Fury is. 6'9

And he's not marius wach, he's not going to stand there like a statue with minimum output.

Fury has handspeed, he moves, he works angles, he throws volume.

Would he win?

I don't know

Would he be "embarrassed"

Certainly no more than any other recent Klitschko's opponent
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsplit View Post
I think it's prejudice against travellers that makes people blind tbh - can't see any other valid reason in the last 12 months

He's basically got everything in his ****nal bar one punch KO power [although even his power is underated] and boxing never has and never will be simply a 'who hits hardest competition'.

Vitali has been the most dominant heavyweight champion in my adult lifetime and he doesn't have a one punch KO either, but still takes people out brutally through accumulation and sheer heavy handed volume. I see Fury as very similar.

I also see him being tough and durable like Vitali. 12-18 months ago when Fury's defence was porous he was taking repeated monster shots square on his chin from Chisora, Firtha, Pajkic etc. and he only suffered just the one flash knockdown. Rightfully it should have been a lot more. I actually think he has a VERY good jaw and his defence has massively improved now.

That's what happens when you are as young as Fury is, you come on in leaps and bounds from one fight to the next.

I'm sure he'll be a world champion and sooner rather than later
Though he might not ever be a one-punch KO artist, his power will greatly improve. A fighter who is 6'9 is not going to reach his physical prime unitl he is 30-ish. He had 6 or more years to put on good, natural weight, and that will improve both his power and his punch resistance.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

He's wrong about Fury having faster hand speed than Wladimir, that's just absurd but he's not far wrong with the rest he says.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

12 months ago Fury was utter garbage. He was fat, had no defence and relied on his size.

In the last year or so he's made massive improvements. His uncle Peter really has done a fantastic job of whipping him into shape and improving his technique.

Against Rogan and Maddelone he showed a good jab and although his fight with Johnson was boring, he showed he's got great speed for a guy his size, his combination punching has visibly improved too.

That said, I still think he's not quite ready for the Klitschkos. Give it another year, fight some more seasoned and respectable fighters like Johnson to continue the improvements. Then have a crack at Wladimir.

Last edited by PaulieMc; 12-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #13
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
12 months ago Fury was utter garbage. He was fat, had no defence and relied on his size.

In the last year or so he's made massive improvements. His uncle Peter really has done a fantastic job of whipping him into shape and improving his technique.

Against Rogan and Maddelone he showed a good jab although his fight with Johnson was boring, he showed he's got great speed for a guy his size, his combination punching has visibly improved too.

That said, I still think he's not quite ready for the Klitschkos. Give it another year, fight some more seasoned and respectable fighters like Johnson to continue the improvements. Then have a crack at Wladimir.
Good post man,Fury looked good in his early career aswell,even when he was overweight he still had the speed,footwork,combination punching etc.
He looked good after the second big John fight aswell against Powers and Page,looked brutal against Nascimento and really good against Chisora.
Then with the **** he was going through with his sons illness and his old man came the Firtha and Pajkic fights which he didn't look too good/interested in yet still won .... then everything after that has been major improvement after major improvement.By the time he's in his late 20s early 30s he is going to be an absolute beast IMO.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Now he is dedicating himself to the sport it is showing
Taylor2010 is online now  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
adam249390
a249390
ESB Senior Member

People getting carried away IMO over fury, he outboxed kingpin last week who took the fight at short notice, threw nothing back and was just a walking punch bag.
Everytime he has got in with an opponent who is alive he hasn't looked so convincing.
No way he wins either klitschko at this moment in time, no doubt he has improved physically. I personally don't think he punches hard enough to trouble most top heavyweights
adam249390 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum