Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535
Default What separates the greats (Ali Rocky Louis Lennox Larry Vitali etc) from the rest?

What qualities allowed these individuals to rise up above the rest and do what so many thousands wanted to do but could not.

What do these greats have that the 1000's of other boxers didnt have?
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1615
Default Re: What separates the greats (Ali Rocky Louis Lennox Larry Vitali etc) from the rest

Genetics for the sport that they chose to be in, and mental strength. But IMO Mainly their genetics

Thats about as simple as it can be put.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What separates the greats (Ali Rocky Louis Lennox Larry Vitali etc) from the rest

I'd reverse the order, but I agree with them.

Incredible mental discipline is the single most important attribute to excel in any sport. Getting up early every morning, running mile after mile, and spending thousands of hours in the gym, day after day, is a harder GRIND then any job. It hurts, there isn't a ton of money in the beginning, and it prevents youthful enjoyment of life in traditional ways.

Anybody who discounts the importance of what is between the ears hasn't done it for a living.

After that, it is the fact that they are born just that much more gifted then the other rare fighters with their supreme level of focus.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post

Incredible mental discipline is the single most important attribute to excel in any sport. Getting up early every morning, running mile after mile, and spending thousands of hours in the gym, day after day, is a harder GRIND then any job. It hurts, there isn't a ton of money in the beginning, and it prevents youthful enjoyment of life in traditional ways.

Anybody who discounts the importance of what is between the ears hasn't done it for a living.

After that, it is the fact that they are born just that much more gifted then the other rare fighters with their supreme level of focus.

Thanks as always mate.

In case you didnt realize people this is an absolutely epic answer to the question!
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post

red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The mental durability even translates to physical; These greats all have the guts and courage and focus to hold up under pain and heavy fire.

Ali-Foreman, Lewis-Klitschko(For both of them), Marciano-Charles/Moore, Louis-Schmeling I,Braddock,Walcott(both)

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and the great take off.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Personaly, I would not mention Vitally Klitschko in the same sentence as the other fighters on your list.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

among ALL at the TOP, not much!
thistle1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum