Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roach: Rios is next not Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Excitement is way better for me these 2 Dudes are gonna kill each other in the ring, it'll be a more competitive margarito fight 2.0 lol with Pac probably winning but the fans will win because of the exciting fight.
This.
I couldnt give a **** if Bradley deserves the rematch or not (as far as i could see he was outpointed 8 rds to 4). Rios will give a good battle to Pac and that's what i want to see; good, exciting fights.
When these guys are only fighting a few times a year why the **** would we want to see another crap fight when there's good, exciting fights against less skilled but far more interesting competition.
klimting is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Excitement is way better for me these 2 Dudes are gonna kill each other in the ring, it'll be a more competitive margarito fight 2.0 lol with Pac probably winning but the fans will win because of the exciting fight.
I garuntee this fight is not more competetive then Margarito.

The Margarito that Pac fought would smash Rios, and posed a much bigger threat then Rios does.

This fight is a sham.... its sad how transparent this fight is, yet sadly a lot of fan no longer give a shit about the integrity of the sport, as long as the fight will be 'exciting'. By exciting, they mean one guy getting his ass kicked while coming forward.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

I have to admit, after seeing support for fights like Pac vs Rios, Garcia vs Judah, ect.... boxing fans deserve the shit they get. They complain about all sorts of fights not happening, but in reality they made the bed their sleeping in. The fact so many would be happy for a Pac vs Rios fight at this point proves that.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimting View Post
This.
I couldnt give a **** if Bradley deserves the rematch or not (as far as i could see he was outpointed 8 rds to 4). Rios will give a good battle to Pac and that's what i want to see; good, exciting fights.
When these guys are only fighting a few times a year why the **** would we want to see another crap fight when there's good, exciting fights against less skilled but far more interesting competition.
Not often the winner of the fight is the one that shows up to the post presser in a wheelchair. Of course Timmy says if Pac doesn't put him a wheelchair again he'll do much better if a rematch.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #20
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I have to admit, after seeing support for fights like Pac vs Rios, Garcia vs Judah, ect.... boxing fans deserve the shit they get. They complain about all sorts of fights not happening, but in reality they made the bed their sleeping in. The fact so many would be happy for a Pac vs Rios fight at this point proves that.
I'm not sure how I feel about this fight if it gets made. Margo got the shit beat out of him but he also put a hurtin on Pac.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #21
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this fight if it gets made. Margo got the shit beat out of him but he also put a hurtin on Pac.
If this fight gets made, everyone will see the huge gulf there is between Rios and Margarito.

People are becoming blind about Rios.

Rios will not put a fraction of the hurt that Margarito did, and he will not go the distance.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #22
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

The only thing this fight will have in common with the Margarito one, is Pac will ruin another career.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Rios has one fight at 140lbs, and gets to leap frog guys like Matthysse, Garcia, and Bradley.

Fans dont give a shit, because it will be 'exciting'. Because they think one guy getting his ass kicked is exciting.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #24
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Who would you rather see Pacquiao face then, assuming he's staying at 147 or below? There's not a great deal of opponents left for him and i'm ****ed if i want to see one of his last(?) career fights against Bradley again. (Also assuming the Mayweather fight is never going to happen).

Surely taking on a young, undefeated, aggressive warrior is a good fight for the record? I know it's a perfect fight for him to win, but who else could he face?
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #25
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Who would you rather see Pacquiao face then, assuming he's staying at 147 or below? There's not a great deal of opponents left for him and i'm ****ed if i want to see one of his last(?) career fights against Bradley again. (Also assuming the Mayweather fight is never going to happen).

Surely taking on a young, undefeated, aggressive warrior is a good fight for the record? I know it's a perfect fight for him to win, but who else could he face?
Bradley
Matthysse
Garcia

all three shit all over Rios in terms of what they have done in the ring.... and the quality of fighter they are (except Garcia maybe)

Bradley and Matthysse are better fighters, with more right to fight Pac, then Rios and his one fight at 140.

I find it sad that fans would rather see Pac beat the shit out of Rios, because there will be blood.... instead of him avenging his robbery against a better fighter, because it wouldnt be as 'exciting'.

In fact, it blows my mind that Rios can go from 135, in a fight he should have lost flat out, have one fight at 140 then get a shot at the p4p#1 fighter in the world Shit is absurd
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Bradley
Matthysse
Garcia
Matthyse is a pretty similar fight.
Garcia too.
Ok maybe their legitimacy at the weight is more credible but there's not a huge gap in class between them?
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #27
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
If this fight gets made, everyone will see the huge gulf there is between Rios and Margarito.

People are becoming blind about Rios.

Rios will not put a fraction of the hurt that Margarito did, and he will not go the distance.
I gotta admit that this was my initial reaction and was pretty damned surprised when Rios was even mentioned. I just don't see any way Rios can deal with the speed. Generally though, the first names Arum mentions are decoys, so we shall see.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
then get a shot at the p4p#1 fighter in the world
Let's hope none of the moes wander into this thread.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #29
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Matthyse is a pretty similar fight.
Garcia too.
Ok maybe their legitimacy at the weight is more credible but there's not a huge gap in class between them?
To me there is a big gap between them (Matthysse and Rios) until Rios proves otherwise.

However, the main fact is he should have a wins over Alexander and Judah, and has a good win against ojese in his last fight, with a host of other good showings at 140, and is the number 1 guy at 140 underneath Garcia whos the champion.

Rios, gets a gift win, has one fight at 140, then gets a shot at the one of the top p4p fighters in the world

They skip over the champ, and the number 1 guy, at 140, who both have beaten better fighters and have been at the weight much longer, to get the guy below them whos had one fight above 135 and should have lost the fight prior to that.

Like I said, shit is absurd to me.

But Ive said my piece.... fans will eat this up regardless.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #30
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Pac's has 7 fights over 140. Rios was a career high 140 ONCE. But, it was a bit tongue in cheek, hence the reference that the fight should be at 140. You know the caliber of the clientèle as well as anyone else here. They'll accuse Pac of weight draining him at 147 or accuse him of picking on a smaller guy. Well, probably both.

Rios is also what Pac needs to get some excitement back. Rios will come forward, same as Arce. Manny gets his 'mojo' back.
I get the tongue in cheek, but really, you should go by their actual size, not their weight limit weights. A 5'6 148-150 over his last two actual fight-night weigh-ins and a 5'8, 149 guy when he's finally not destroying himself to try to make weight in his last weigh in, it really shows more reality than the highlighted stat and their actual sizes. Not to mention, when Pac was 26, he wasn't weighing in as high as 149 either.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum