Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #31
melo9100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2165
Default Re: Roach: Rios is next not Timmy

rios? really? another slab of meat. lol... i really cant understand why people cant see that pac is a bum hunter. marquez hasnt been relevent since floyd recked him. and this is paqs second time fighting him since then. rios is a nobody whos never even held a belt. he doesnt want to rematch bradley cause he was in on the fix. that was they only ending that would leave both figthers relevent.
melo9100 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #32
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Rios cant fight the guy sucks
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #33
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I get the tongue in cheek, but really, you should go by their actual size, not their weight limit weights. A 5'6 148-150 over his last two actual fight-night weigh-ins and a 5'8, 149 guy when he's finally not destroying himself to try to make weight in his last weigh in, it really shows more reality than the highlighted stat and their actual sizes. Not to mention, when Pac was 26, he wasn't weighing in as high as 149 either.
To be honest, I was surprised when this was mentioned and I'm still uneasy about it IF it gets made. Do you think TR might have come to the conclusion that Rios won't do anything at 140 or above so........
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #34
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo9100 View Post
rios? really? another slab of meat. lol....
Dont you support Garcia vs Judah? That fight is just as big a farce. Only difference is Rios got a gift the fight before last, he didnt get obliterated like zab did.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #35
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
To me there is a big gap between them (Matthysse and Rios) until Rios proves otherwise.

However, the main fact is he should have a wins over Alexander and Judah, and has a good win against ojese in his last fight, with a host of other good showings at 140, and is the number 1 guy at 140 underneath Garcia whos the champion.

Rios, gets a gift win, has one fight at 140, then gets a shot at the one of the top p4p fighters in the world

They skip over the champ, and the number 1 guy, at 140, who both have beaten better fighters and have been at the weight much longer, to get the guy below them whos had one fight above 135 and should have lost the fight prior to that.

Like I said, shit is absurd to me.

But Ive said my piece.... fans will eat this up regardless.
You forgot Rios' pretty good streak at 135 before Abril. There's no Judah or Devon there, but Rios never left room for doubt. He was the legit #2 behind JMM, who had no intention of fighting him.

Rios will still have 5-10lbs fight night on Pac. Matthysse is more deserving, but with GBP. Bradley is a better fighter, but just had his chance and everyone lost.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #36
MarcDSparC
Journeyman

i think what changed in team pac mindset about fighting tim again was about tim's changing strategy if the rematch ever happens.

then i heard in one of merchant's interviews, "tim is gonna make his plan-b (boxing pac in the later part of the fight) his plan-a in the rematch" to paraphrase.

everyone knows it would be a stinker. last thing pac needs is another mosley type of fight.

hyping rios as pac's next opponent is a message to anyone who wants a shot at pac.

dont fight like a little bitch.
MarcDSparC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #37
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

People sleeping on Rios over 2 year lay off Margo weight drained and coming off a tko loss. Rios a much tougher challenge then Margo was at the time. Margo wasn't the fighter that destroyed cotto, I'm not picking Rios but Rios would be a tougher challenge for sure. Margo was a ****ING punching bag
Doc is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #38
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Great fight for Pac and a poop fight for Rios.

Fossil Bob is gonna ruin one of his few remaining draws after Pac annihilates Bam Bam.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #39
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
I have to admit, after seeing support for fights like Pac vs Rios, Garcia vs Judah, ect.... boxing fans deserve the shit they get. They complain about all sorts of fights not happening, but in reality they made the bed their sleeping in. The fact so many would be happy for a Pac vs Rios fight at this point proves that.
This post is absolutely spot on.

People say they want to see a Mayweather fight happen yet they've sat back and supported fights with Margarito, Mosley, Marquez, Bradley and now Rios, all guys that were either brought to Top Rank with the plan to fight Pacquiao or was being touted for a long time for the fight like Margarito was and now Rios is.

All while they've continued to promote Pacquiao by talking up a potential Mayweather fight that they've got no intention on making, yet people still suck it up as 'exciting'
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #40
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have to admit, after seeing support for fights like Pac vs Rios, Garcia vs Judah, ect.... boxing fans deserve the shit they get. They complain about all sorts of fights not happening, but in reality they made the bed their sleeping in. The fact so many would be happy for a Pac vs Rios fight at this point proves that.
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #41
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
To me there is a big gap between them (Matthysse and Rios) until Rios proves otherwise.

However, the main fact is he should have a wins over Alexander and Judah, and has a good win against ojese in his last fight, with a host of other good showings at 140, and is the number 1 guy at 140 underneath Garcia whos the champion.

Rios, gets a gift win, has one fight at 140, then gets a shot at the one of the top p4p fighters in the world

They skip over the champ, and the number 1 guy, at 140, who both have beaten better fighters and have been at the weight much longer, to get the guy below them whos had one fight above 135 and should have lost the fight prior to that.

Like I said, shit is absurd to me.

But Ive said my piece.... fans will eat this up regardless.
I agree with you mate, the politics do suck.
But it is what it is and i'm past caring about how a fight got to happen or who got it over who or whatever. At the end of the day too many fights against top people end up happening and end up disappointing. We have to wait so long for decent fights nowadays i'd rather see a guaranteed action fight than a high intensity chess match (not that many of them happen anyway - remember Donnaire v Nishioka for example; a huge let down).
I'm all for the right fighters getting their shot and everything, but i aint gonna protest against an exciting fight that gets made due to politics. I've been watching this sport most my life and these days i'm happy to be entertained above all. I mean everyone complained about Margarito getting his shot against Pac but hell, we all tuned in and enjoyed it for what it was; a good tear up. Rios v Pac is the same kind of thing, when all is said and done, we'll all tune in and enjoy the show won't we?
klimting is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #42
thatguy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What a joke.
Of course the turds love this fight,
When mayweathwr fights Ortiz its bs but PAC can fight all the small guys he wants.
thatguy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #43
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by markq View Post
Isn't Rios a Top Stank boxer? You had to know this was coming.
Surprise, surprise.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #44
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 1083

What's up w/Tim's inactivity over the last 2-3 years tho?
Bradley better pray JMM don't defeat Pacquiao because if Juan does it's kills all of the Timmy Momentum.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I guess the buildup to the fight when it does happen is gonna focus on Rios making fun of Roach's Parkinson's disease and how Pacquiao wants to beat up Rios cause of that.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum