Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461
Default Re: Am I the only one who didn't have Marquez winning ANY of the fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
The first two fights were genuinely very, very close and i have no problems with anyone scoring them either way. The third fight, however, was a clear and wide decision win for Marquez.
JMM boxed Pacs ears of in third and first, in first only thing that saved Pac are knockdowns. 3rd was clear clear win for JMM 3 or 4 rounds but clear win!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195
Default Re: Am I the only one who didn't have Marquez winning ANY of the fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhead View Post
I know how to score fights, I've seen all 3 Marquez/Pacquiao fights several times, and Marquez didn't win any of the fights, the closet fight was the 1st one because he came back after those knock downs to steal most of the rounds. When Marquez wins a round he BARELY wins the round and the round could actually go either way, when Pacquiao wins a round he clearly wins the round.

Pacquiao lands shot the whole round, Marquez counters him about 2-3 times, thats not winning the fcking round. Pacquiao lands more shots and Marquez counters and people piss their pants because he lands a shot.
Agreed.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
Bredcrum
The Sauciest Rapper Alive

vCash: 500

Yo it's one thing to Pac won 1 or 2 of the fights but all 3? That's just straight up whack yo. Real talk.
Bredcrum is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Every sane man on planet earth scored it for Marquez. If you scored it any other way then it is you that is the retard.
Like I said...check bexerec and not your ass.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Like I said...check bexerec and not your ass.
Ohh sorry, i forgot boxrecs opinion on fight scoring was the be all and end all.

Marquez won that fight. Feel free to put up a poll on here asking everyones opinion on it.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
DrBanzai
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 117

Pac won all three fights, I just think Pac haters give JMM extra credit for making a prime Pac look like a mortal man. It's the old, well he was close and Pac is a God so I gave the fight to JMM even though he clearly lost.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

I would of only gave Pac the 2nd fight since that one was the closest. The first and third was all Marquez.
Elite is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
Pac won all three fights, I just think Pac haters give JMM extra credit for making a prime Pac look like a mortal man. It's the old, well he was close and Pac is a God so I gave the fight to JMM even though he clearly lost.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
The first two fights were genuinely very, very close and i have no problems with anyone scoring them either way. The third fight, however, was a clear and wide decision win for Marquez.

I have personally scored the second one for each guy. That fight was razor thin. I can see an argument for JMM in the first one. But the third one was a plain as day victory for JMM.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #25
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 661

Someone post the list of sports writers and pro boxers that scored the third fight for marquez.
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
Someone post the list of sports writers and pro boxers that scored the third fight for marquez.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.
lester proctor is online now  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
Fighting_Pride

i can't seem to fathom how anyone would think marquez won any of those fights. effective aggression, accurate punching and ring generalship, pacquiao had it in the bag. it was't only seen by eye but on paper as well, no argument here
Fighting_Pride is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
This.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
i can't seem to fathom how anyone would think marquez won any of those fights. effective aggression, accurate punching and ring generalship, pacquiao had it in the bag. it was't only seen by eye but on paper as well, no argument here
Not sure if you're a troll, but we'll soon find out I guess.

If you seriously can't see a case for JMM winning any of those fights (especially the third one), then you need to learn how to watch a fight objectively, or at the very least learn how to score.

First two could have gone either way, but the last one was a competitive but clear win for JMM.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

First 2 was close but cmon the last one was Marquez easily but at least a few rounds, Pactards should at least say Pac won the first 2 and lost the third because there was no way u could give it to Pac, Pac fans have him winnin the third everyone else has Marquez so its a dumb argument
|A|C|S| is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum