Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
DrX
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Broner need to stop with the ultra forced villain persona

it works for floyd because he does villainous **** at times(beating chicks up, burning money etc.... ) broner interviews make me cringe, its so forced.....people can see through it...nothing wrong with talking **** and playing the bad guy to make more $$$$ but u have to learn how to be creative and attack it from a different angle.

maybe hired a wwe promo writer or something....floyd style works for floyd

he just try to hard
DrX is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495
Default Re: Broner need to stop with the ultra forced villain persona

Between the forced villanous **** and the plain dumb **** (hair brush gimmicks and twitter pics) Broner is coming off as a clown and a kid trying too hard to be cool

I think he didn't do anything stupid this time in the post fight, so maybe somebody is finally giving him good advice in that regard

Broner is one talented guy, he doesn't need to talk **** and be controversial like Floyd to sell his fights since Broner's style is actually exciting. He's not like Mayweather in that sense.
locard is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

The "no ****" bit made me cringe. Then he said something about his opponent being dung on the sole of a shoe. That was just so damn pathetic. I was thinking to myself, "Is this guy really saying those things on national television during the biggest event of his career?!"

I do think he forces it but at the same time the idiotic choice of words is really part of who he is. Watch his Youtube videos. He talks and acts the same way he portrays himself on HBO. He comes off as a dumb high school kid. And I say this as a fan of his. Fortunately for him I watch him for the work he does in the ring.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
TheRat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 105

I was shaking my head we he said "no ****" in the post interview which made it clear that he was really trying to be floyd. The guy has to be himself he comes off as a confused 14 year old boy that steals identities that he sees on TV.
TheRat is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post

I think he didn't do anything stupid this time in the post fight, so maybe somebody is finally giving him good advice in that regard
forget what I said
locard is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #6
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat View Post
I was shaking my head we he said "no ****" in the post interview which made it clear that he was really trying to be floyd. The guy has to be himself he comes off as a confused 14 year old boy that steals identities that he sees on TV.
thats what people in the hood say when they say something that can be construed as gay. It has nothing to do with trying to be like FLoyd
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
DrX
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
thats what people in the hood say when they say something that can be construed as gay. It has nothing to do with trying to be like FLoyd
yeah but there's a time and place...he couldve atleast said pause
DrX is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrX View Post
it works for floyd because he does villainous **** at times(beating chicks up, burning money etc.... ) broner interviews make me cringe, its so forced.....people can see through it...nothing wrong with talking **** and playing the bad guy to make more $$$$ but u have to learn how to be creative and attack it from a different angle.

maybe hired a wwe promo writer or something....floyd style works for floyd

he just try to hard
wtf is forced broner is broner. hes not acting like anyone but him self and certain types of people dont like him because he reminds them of another person
certrain people like to hate. theres enough boxers in the world for the sport to have someone like broner. he might not be for everybody but thats a personal thing if you ask me.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #9
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat View Post
people come from all different walks a life. i went to sports bar and watch the fight and when he said no home everyone cracked up and was like aww hell naw
broner the truth. and now you sitting were ever you were at shaking your head like no he didn't.

the world is a big place and we all dont think or act the same. something you might no say or do some one else will say and do. guess what it dont make you better or worse just different. oh and floyd did not create no **** its commonly used to indicate you're not gay after saying something that sounds gay
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #10
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

can't wait to see the 24/7 when broner fights Floyd..

kind of be hard to see who wins..Floyd's dibiase schtick or Broner's talking brush gimmick.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

I don't think he's really a **** like Floyd IMO
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
DrX
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
I don't think he's really a **** like Floyd IMO
thats the point and the reason why its so forced , its not his natural personality
DrX is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Wilson
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
The "no ****" bit made me cringe. Then he said something about his opponent being dung on the sole of a shoe. That was just so damn pathetic. I was thinking to myself, "Is this guy really saying those things on national television during the biggest event of his career?!"

I do think he forces it but at the same time the idiotic choice of words is really part of who he is. Watch his Youtube videos. He talks and acts the same way he portrays himself on HBO. He comes off as a dumb high school kid. And I say this as a fan of his. Fortunately for him I watch him for the work he does in the ring.
I think he said something like " anyone who signs a contract with me is gotta know they stepped in ****", something to this effect. Such a talented boxer, I'll watch every one his fights but I might turn off the TV before the interview.
Wilson is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The "No ****" bit was cringeworthy. I love him as a fighter and i think he's a genuinely nice guy who knows the sport inside out, but some of the things he says are just mental.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
wtf is forced broner is broner. hes not acting like anyone but him self and certain types of people dont like him because he reminds them of another person
certrain people like to hate. theres enough boxers in the world for the sport to have someone like broner. he might not be for everybody but thats a personal thing if you ask me.
Its sad that the cum that he shot in your eye has you so blind that you can't see or don't want ti admit that his whole style in and out of the ring is nothing more then a Mayweather impression.

In the ring the kid its good but how you can ride his **** so hard not to admit he's a clown outside of it is astonishing.
CASH_718 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum