Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #376
Teddy Edelman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler "Ward Has No Guts "

I also think we pay 10 times as much for PPV in Denmark.

And the ticket prices are higher to.
Teddy Edelman is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #377
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Not for andre ward it isn't.. Floydmayweather he is not

The fight being held in America means it is no more ppv worthy, folk in the states i doubt would be that interested in the fight wherever it was. Kessler is massive in Denmark and well supported around europe. PPV and a big venue is all alls that is needed.

And it wouldn't be the first time that they put a fight on in europe at a time that fits in with the USA fans would it?
Hi!

I don't think any of the U.S. fans would be bothered about a Kessler fight, and neither would Andre.

My point was, I think Ward will make more money fighting Pavlik at home, rather than fighting Kessler in Denmark. Because they'd only be the Danes that would really be interested in the fight.

So Andre would get a percentage of the gate and whatever PPV is generated. But if the Pavlik promotion is a success, the American PPV would be a lot higher than the Danish one. Obviously the American PPV audience is huge in comparison to Denmark. I think a lot of casual fans will buy the Pavlik fight. If they do, it will generate more money overall, than what a Kessler fight in Denmark would, even in front of 40,000.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #378
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Hi!

I don't think any of the U.S. fans would be bothered about a Kessler fight, and neither would Andre.

My point was, I think Ward will make more money fighting Pavlik at home, rather than fighting Kessler in Denmark. Because they'd only be the Danes that would really be interested in the fight.

So Andre would get a percentage of the gate and whatever PPV is generated. But if the Pavlik promotion is a success, the American PPV would be a lot higher than the Danish one. Obviously the American PPV audience is huge in comparison to Denmark. I think a lot of casual fans will buy the Pavlik fight. If they do, it will generate more money overall, than what a Kessler fight in Denmark would, even in front of 40,000.

Regards, Loudon.
The fight would be massive throughout europe not just denmark. And if promoters choose a usa friendly time you can add another decent chunk of cash too. Kessler is a super star in denmark whereas ward isn't in America.

Also, i doubt very much ward pavlik will be ppv. Ward and dawson wasn't even deemed ppv worthy was it? I doubt very much hbo will want to risk it.

Bottom line is that kessler gets paid nigh on 3 times more than ward does when he fights in denmark.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #379
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
which legit world champs took their belt to the US ?
Kessler , Froch (2 times), the Klitschkos, Golovkin, Dzinziruk
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #380
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=BatTheMan;14234375]

Quote:
Not many I think. Ward is not a big draw in himself.
I don't think any American fans would be bothered about a fight. The fight would only be big in Denmark, and for Kessler. Kessler would earn more money in Denmark, than in the U.S. because again, nobody in the U.S. would be bothered.

Quote:
Probably around midnight.
I meant what time would it be live in America?

Quote:
I doubt very much that Ward-Kessler is PPV material in the US. Therefore it is in Denmark the most tv money are
I agree, but how much would Ward make if he went to Denmark?

Quote:
That's very possible. Big and easy money for Ward.
I'm convinced Andre would make more against Pavlik, if the promotion is a success. There'd be a huge demand in Denmark for a Ward fight, but their audience is nowhere near the size of America's PPV audience. The fight against Pavlik would simply be viewed by more people.

Quote:
Very possible. If it is PPV that is. If not he'd probably make less than he did against Dawson.
Yes, it depends what the terms of his contract are. But he's getting bigger with each fight, he's moving up the P4P rankings, and he's coming into his prime. Pavlik also has a casual following I believe, and he's a bigger name in America than Kessler. So with the right promotion, it should generate a lot of money.

So I'm convinced that the Pavlk fight would be a bigger event on the whole.

Nice debating with you mate!

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #381
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The fight would be massive throughout europe not just denmark. And if promoters choose a usa friendly time you can add another decent chunk of cash too. Kessler is a super star in denmark whereas ward isn't in America.

Also, i doubt very much ward pavlik will be ppv. Ward and dawson wasn't even deemed ppv worthy was it? I doubt very much hbo will want to risk it.

Bottom line is that kessler gets paid nigh on 3 times more than ward does when he fights in denmark.
Hi mate,

Even if it was a U.S. friendly time, I don't think it would generate much money from America. If the fight was held in America, I don't think it would do much. Nobody wants that fight in America.

Kessler is a superstar and Ward isn't as yet, but he's 28, and I think he will be pretty soon.

Kessler might get paid more than Ward, but what would Ward get paid to go over to Denmark? What's in it for him? There's nothing to gain. They'd have to tempt him with a hell of an offer. He's recently beaten the guy, and Kessler is not a huge name outside of Europe. He hasn't got a U.S. or a global fan base. There's no real demand for a Kessler rematch.

The fight would favour Kessler, but not Ward. I'm just looking at things solely from Andre's point of view, and the better fight for him is the Pavlk fight.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #382
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
They'd have to tempt him with a hell of an offer.
And rightly so. They (sauerland) would be in a position to do so too and i wouldn't disregard the fact that they will offer ward a very good deal..
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #383
TI99/4A

Ward may well be good, but questions about the legitimacy of his career will cling to him like dust on his passport.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #384
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
And rightly so. They (sauerland) would be in a position to do so too and i wouldn't disregard the fact that they will offer ward a very good deal..
Fair enough, we'll wait and see what happens. But Andre has nothing to prove. I can't see him being interested in travelling to Denmark, to fight a guy who he's already beaten.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #385
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI99/4A View Post
Ward may well be good, but questions about the legitimacy of his career will cling to him like dust on his passport.
Why?

He's only not travelled, because as of yet, he hasn't needed to.

Are his wins against Kessler and Froch not legitimate, because he didn't fight them both in England and Denmark?

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #386
TI99/4A

Quote:
Why?
Because that's what real fighters do. They ain't afraid of no plane, Hannibal.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #387
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI99/4A View Post
Because that's what real fighters do. They ain't afraid of no plane, Hannibal.
So Floyd Mayweather isnt a "real fighter" because he hasnt fought outside of America?
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #388
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Holyfield wont be remembered for the fights he had abroad while he should of been in retirement , he'll be remembered for the fights in his prime he fought in America.
Nobody is expecting Peterson or Garcia to rematch Khan in the UK.
Broner will never go to Scotland to fight Burns.
There is no call for Floyd to rematch Cotto in P.R.
After 3 fights, nobody complains Manny doesn't fight Marquez in Mexico.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #389
TI99/4A

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
So Floyd Mayweather isnt a "real fighter" because he hasnt fought outside of America?
Well it doesn't exactly help his legacy, for me. It seems like modern boxing management is modelled after the career of Blinky Palermo.
TI99/4A is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #390
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Mayweather doesn't need to but i bet he would if there was a decent challenge for him that most importantly made $$$

Ward is in an awkward situation really cos there aren't any big names available to him at 168 in america other than pavlik, who has seen better days and has never done anything of note at 168lb.

Meanwhile in europe there are still some big fights to be had that can generate loads of interest /money. The super middleweight division until now has been dominated by euros and other than ward still is. He may be the best but he certainly is in no position where he can call the shots like mayweather does.
dendy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum