Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 192
Default Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Gentlemen, yesterday I stumbled across a term that I believe to be the quite simply the product of a genius. It is a whole new concept that is set to revolutionise and redefine how we view boxing. Allow me to elucidate...

In a debate on the relative merits of Wlad's competition, poster 'CSrememberings' (I think that's who it was) claimed that Wlad's glass jaw was only shattered by Purrity, Sanders and Brewster because he had not yet entered his 'chin prime.'

Well, hot damn! To say that bowled me for six would be understatement. CHIN PRIME! I had never even considered that before.

In some ways I don't know if we're ready for this discussion. Perhaps as a species we are not yet sufficiently evolved. But let's throw caution to the wind...

Gentlemen, let's discuss chin primes...
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

I think he was bullshit when he said Wlad wasn't in his chin prime then.
But there is a chin prime.

Young boys take shots a lot worse than the somewhat older guys.
Your chin keeps improving to a certain point before your chin starts becoming worse.
Your highest point is your chin prime.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLb3BwK9LXo[/ame]

David Tua- Savon didn't prove the 19 year old Tua was a glass jaw, Tua later proved his was not in his chin prime yet.

Your physical prime is most often your chin prime, unless you didn't do neck exercises in your physical prime, then your chin prime might come later when you strenghten your neck muscles.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Delicious
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 456
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
Gentlemen, yesterday I stumbled across a term that I believe to be the quite simply the product of a genius. It is a whole new concept that is set to revolutionise and redefine how we view boxing. Allow me to elucidate...

In a debate on the relative merits of Wlad's competition, poster 'CSrememberings' (I think that's who it was) claimed that Wlad's glass jaw was only shattered by Purrity, Sanders and Brewster because he had not yet entered his 'chin prime.'

Well, hot damn! To say that bowled me for six would be understatement. CHIN PRIME! I had never even considered that before.

In some ways I don't know if we're ready for this discussion. Perhaps as a species we are not yet sufficiently evolved. But let's throw caution to the wind...

Delicious is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:

you realize the Kirkland nuthuggers have already posted something like this before? This isn't new on here. They even went as far to say that the reason Ishida KOed him was because he wasn't holding his Chin in the right position
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
I think he was bullshit when he said Wlad wasn't in his chin prime then.
But there is a chin prime.

Young boys take shots a lot worse than the somewhat older guys.
Your chin keeps improving to a certain point before your chin starts becoming worse.
Your highest point is your chin prime.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

David Tua- Savon didn't prove the 19 year old Tua was a glass jaw, Tua later proved his was not in his chin prime yet.

Your physical prime is most often your chin prime, unless you didn't do neck exercises in your physical prime, then your chin prime might come later when you strenghten your neck muscles.
Wow, looks like we already have a pioneer on the ground-breaking science of chin primes.

Great input, Dyna, with some compelling evidence showing Tua was not in his chin prime as an amateur.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
AZ_40
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Roy Jones was not in his chin prime
AZ_40 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

In addition to the Tua one, could you mention Pacquiao? Getting knocked out brutally earlier on his career, but now manages to eat bombs from heavy-hitters that outweigh him by 10-20 pounds.

Or would you say that was more to him being drained?
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
you realize the Kirkland nuthuggers have already posted something like this before? This isn't new on here. They even went as far to say that the reason Ishida KOed him was because he wasn't holding his Chin in the right position
You carry your chin in the air, you will likely get KO'd. That is a fact.

So is the revolutionary concept of chin primes.

And who's to say Kirkland might not yet be in his chin prime? Or Amir Khan for that matter?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
In addition to the Tua one, could you mention Pacquiao? Getting knocked out brutally earlier on his career, but now manages to eat bombs from heavy-hitters that outweigh him by 10-20 pounds.

Or would you say that was more to him being drained?
A little bit of both I would think.
Quote:
You carry your chin in the air, you will likely get KO'd. That is a fact.

So is the revolutionary concept of chin primes.

And who's to say Kirkland might not yet be in his chin prime? Or Amir Khan for that matter?
Maybe we should also have something like a chin position prime?
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

Floyd Pattersons chin prime lasted from the Ellis fight til the 2nd Ali fight
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

A breakthrough!

This is the lens through which all chinchecking conversations should be viewed through.

I would like a portion of my tax dollars to go towards studying this theory.
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

Absolutely ridiculous. Chin prime? Ha!

You get hit with a big ****ing punch that shakes you up, you're going down. Simple as that. A lot of posters on here really make it way more complicated then it needs to be.

"Well how come he was knocked out by X but wasn't knocked out by Y?"

I think there are people that discuss boxing that are more punch drunk then the ones that actually participate in the sport.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Chime.

Chin prime.

IB trademark.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

there is a chin prime...
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Does anybody want to join me in a faggy online group where we incessantly troll ESB by discussing chin primes?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum