Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 192
Default Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Gentlemen, yesterday I stumbled across a term that I believe to be the quite simply the product of a genius. It is a whole new concept that is set to revolutionise and redefine how we view boxing. Allow me to elucidate...

In a debate on the relative merits of Wlad's competition, poster 'CSrememberings' (I think that's who it was) claimed that Wlad's glass jaw was only shattered by Purrity, Sanders and Brewster because he had not yet entered his 'chin prime.'

Well, hot damn! To say that bowled me for six would be understatement. CHIN PRIME! I had never even considered that before.

In some ways I don't know if we're ready for this discussion. Perhaps as a species we are not yet sufficiently evolved. But let's throw caution to the wind...

Gentlemen, let's discuss chin primes...
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

I think he was bullshit when he said Wlad wasn't in his chin prime then.
But there is a chin prime.

Young boys take shots a lot worse than the somewhat older guys.
Your chin keeps improving to a certain point before your chin starts becoming worse.
Your highest point is your chin prime.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLb3BwK9LXo[/ame]

David Tua- Savon didn't prove the 19 year old Tua was a glass jaw, Tua later proved his was not in his chin prime yet.

Your physical prime is most often your chin prime, unless you didn't do neck exercises in your physical prime, then your chin prime might come later when you strenghten your neck muscles.
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Delicious
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 456
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
Gentlemen, yesterday I stumbled across a term that I believe to be the quite simply the product of a genius. It is a whole new concept that is set to revolutionise and redefine how we view boxing. Allow me to elucidate...

In a debate on the relative merits of Wlad's competition, poster 'CSrememberings' (I think that's who it was) claimed that Wlad's glass jaw was only shattered by Purrity, Sanders and Brewster because he had not yet entered his 'chin prime.'

Well, hot damn! To say that bowled me for six would be understatement. CHIN PRIME! I had never even considered that before.

In some ways I don't know if we're ready for this discussion. Perhaps as a species we are not yet sufficiently evolved. But let's throw caution to the wind...

Gentlemen, let's discuss chin primes...
Delicious is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 1158
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
Gentlemen, yesterday I stumbled across a term that I believe to be the quite simply the product of a genius. It is a whole new concept that is set to revolutionise and redefine how we view boxing. Allow me to elucidate...

In a debate on the relative merits of Wlad's competition, poster 'CSrememberings' (I think that's who it was) claimed that Wlad's glass jaw was only shattered by Purrity, Sanders and Brewster because he had not yet entered his 'chin prime.'

Well, hot damn! To say that bowled me for six would be understatement. CHIN PRIME! I had never even considered that before.

In some ways I don't know if we're ready for this discussion. Perhaps as a species we are not yet sufficiently evolved. But let's throw caution to the wind...

Gentlemen, let's discuss chin primes...
you realize the Kirkland nuthuggers have already posted something like this before? This isn't new on here. They even went as far to say that the reason Ishida KOed him was because he wasn't holding his Chin in the right position
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 192
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
I think he was bullshit when he said Wlad wasn't in his chin prime then.
But there is a chin prime.

Young boys take shots a lot worse than the somewhat older guys.
Your chin keeps improving to a certain point before your chin starts becoming worse.
Your highest point is your chin prime.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

David Tua- Savon didn't prove the 19 year old Tua was a glass jaw, Tua later proved his was not in his chin prime yet.

Your physical prime is most often your chin prime, unless you didn't do neck exercises in your physical prime, then your chin prime might come later when you strenghten your neck muscles.
Wow, looks like we already have a pioneer on the ground-breaking science of chin primes.

Great input, Dyna, with some compelling evidence showing Tua was not in his chin prime as an amateur.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
AZ_40
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maryvale
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Roy Jones was not in his chin prime
AZ_40 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

In addition to the Tua one, could you mention Pacquiao? Getting knocked out brutally earlier on his career, but now manages to eat bombs from heavy-hitters that outweigh him by 10-20 pounds.

Or would you say that was more to him being drained?
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 192
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
you realize the Kirkland nuthuggers have already posted something like this before? This isn't new on here. They even went as far to say that the reason Ishida KOed him was because he wasn't holding his Chin in the right position
You carry your chin in the air, you will likely get KO'd. That is a fact.

So is the revolutionary concept of chin primes.

And who's to say Kirkland might not yet be in his chin prime? Or Amir Khan for that matter?
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
In addition to the Tua one, could you mention Pacquiao? Getting knocked out brutally earlier on his career, but now manages to eat bombs from heavy-hitters that outweigh him by 10-20 pounds.

Or would you say that was more to him being drained?
A little bit of both I would think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
You carry your chin in the air, you will likely get KO'd. That is a fact.

So is the revolutionary concept of chin primes.

And who's to say Kirkland might not yet be in his chin prime? Or Amir Khan for that matter?
Maybe we should also have something like a chin position prime?
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 976
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Floyd Pattersons chin prime lasted from the Ellis fight til the 2nd Ali fight
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CAXAP, RUSHA
Posts: 761
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

A breakthrough!

This is the lens through which all chinchecking conversations should be viewed through.

I would like a portion of my tax dollars to go towards studying this theory.
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 200
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Absolutely ridiculous. Chin prime? Ha!

You get hit with a big ****ing punch that shakes you up, you're going down. Simple as that. A lot of posters on here really make it way more complicated then it needs to be.

"Well how come he was knocked out by X but wasn't knocked out by Y?"

I think there are people that discuss boxing that are more punch drunk then the ones that actually participate in the sport.
VBOX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cymru
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 172
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Chime.

Chin prime.

IB trademark.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

there is a chin prime...
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 192
Default Re: Chin Primes... A whole new concept that will revolutionise how we view boxing!

Does anybody want to join me in a faggy online group where we incessantly troll ESB by discussing chin primes?
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013