Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Thoughts on Hatton

Even though I was excited about seeing Hatton back in the ring, I was always worried something like this will happen. I don't care that Hatton lost because I want to see him in future fights or whatever, I'm just disappointed for the man himself. Whether he chooses to retire or carry on, I just hope he can find some peace in his life. I don't think I've ever seen a boxer more mentally crushed than Hatton when he started talking about letting the fans down.

I feel for Hatton quite a lot. He is a millionaire former world champion but he obviously has lots of demons inside his head. I truly hope he can work through yet another setback.

I don't care about the fight tonight or how he looked, and whether he is going to carry or on retire doesn't matter to me. I just hope that Hatton can find a positive escape to the problems he's been having.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412
Default Re: Thoughts on Hatton

even tho i won money i feel sorry for the guy because the whole thing about this fight was will his chin hold up and it did fine and he did look decent for someone who hadnt been in the ring for a while
he must be gutted the way it ended tho but he only really has himself to blame abusin his body
rare to see boxers gettin stopped by bodyshots these days
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

even tho i won money i feel sorry for the guy because the whole thing about this fight was will his chin hold up and it did fine and he did look decent for someone who hadnt been in the ring for a while
he must be gutted the way it ended tho but he only really has himself to blame abusin his body
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
dino7

vCash: 1000

Well said - the bit in the interview where he said 'I'm not a failure , I'm not a failure ' sounds to me like he still has a lot of demons to overcome in his head , hope he can do that and enjoy life as a trainer / promoter . He had a great career and I for one had a lot of great nights out watching him at the men arena .
dino7 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Do you know who i'm more sad for? his wife.

he needs to stop putting her through this, he was typically arrogent about his choice of opponent

He should have been in there for 6 rounds with a fat latvian with a record of 8(4)-19

What he does i'll still support him, but I just want him to wake up and realise all the good things he's got in his life, he doesn't need to fight anymore he should be taking care of his family now, his life isn't just about him anymore
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Jed Maxwell
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I gotta say.. I've never been a massive Ricky fan... But he's obviously got demons and tonight was about putting those to bed.. It didn't happen and I really felt for him.. I hope he gets it together, as he's had an amaznging life in the ring.. Would be pretty sad for it to end like other boxers lives had. He loves his fans and his fans love him..
Jed Maxwell is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
lol Mack got stopped by one last week
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
efc85
non entity
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Do you know who i'm more sad for? his wife.

he needs to stop putting her through this, he was typically arrogent about his choice of opponent

He should have been in there for 6 rounds with a fat latvian with a record of 8(4)-19

What he does i'll still support him, but I just want him to wake up and realise all the good things he's got in his life, he doesn't need to fight anymore he should be taking care of his family now, his life isn't just about him anymore
True
efc85 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Maxwell View Post
I gotta say.. I've never been a massive Ricky fan... But he's obviously got demons and tonight was about putting those to bed.. It didn't happen and I really felt for him.. I hope he gets it together, as he's had an amaznging life in the ring.. Would be pretty sad for it to end like other boxers lives had. He loves his fans and his fans love him..
Explain in great detail how you are boxing fan but don't like Ricky Hatton.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ive said all week i had a bad feeling about this fight, you dont come back against an oppenent who relies on his jab when your just coming back from a long break and you didnt have good head movement in the first place.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He should have taken an easier fight to begin with, Senchenko is a good fighter and not a guy you mess around with trying to get timings back and whatever else. If he had chosen a couple warm up fights first i could see him having more joy when he then stepped up to take on the likes of Senchenko. Too much too soon.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

My only thought is that - Hatton should retire.

Hatton has gave his all inside the ring; he doesn't have anything to prove to anyone.

Genuinely felt bad for Hatton. His soul was destroyed after losing. But Hatton just doesn't have the engine or abilities he use to have.

I hope Hatton comes to terms with the loss. Sad to see.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Worried about his mental health. Seemed a broken man before.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
Rutzini
Bob n Weave

vCash: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7 View Post
Well said - the bit in the interview where he said 'I'm not a failure , I'm not a failure ' sounds to me like he still has a lot of demons to overcome in his head , hope he can do that and enjoy life as a trainer / promoter . He had a great career and I for one had a lot of great nights out watching him at the men arena .
Only idiots and hatters would say he's a failure, the man was Lb4lb the best LWW and wanted to be the Lb4lb the best in the world...it didn't happen, fair do's, he gave it his all and it didn't work out. So? I'd rather be Ricky than a driving instructor.

The joy he brung (is that a word?) us was brilliant, top geezer, quality boxer, not 'the greatest' - so what? He could have carried on fighting at the MEN like JC and people would get bored.

I dont think Ricky appreciates what he achieved.
Rutzini is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I am very sad, and very upset for Ricky Hatton, this has ruined by mood and night slightly.

I could see from the start, that Hatton's timing, speed and co-ordination was way off. Thats what years of eating shit and boozing does to you, Ricky Hatton in general has aged beyond his years compared to other athletes/boxers who have lived disciplined lives, when it comes to nutrition and lifestyle.

Very sad for Ricky Hatton because i could see how much this meant to him, and no loss, no loss in sport is more emotionally hard, than a boxing loss! Very emotionally saddening, and disturbing.

I honestly will probably not post for awhile now, i am really upset.

Even though most people would think i would be more upset for David Haye or Audley Harrison..? You are wrong.

I worry for Ricky Hatton's general mental health, and the affect this loss will have on his life.

Fighters like David Haye & Audley Harrison, in general just love life and can cope in general life and move on from a loss.

Ricky Hatton seems to be unable to move on from a loss.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum