Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
Default Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

what a performance from Mr. Banks!!!!


It was actually pretty inspirational stuff after losng his trainer, working as trainer to the best heavyweight on the planet whilst preparing for his own fight then having to fly to Detroit for the funeral of Manny Steward, then being a huge underdog and being booed like crazy on the way to the ring, to shutting everybody in the arena up and beating the absolute shit out of Mitchell......and all within a week!!!

Banks a G
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

I'd just like to say, DWYER predicted this
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 24,259
vCash: 0
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I'd just like to say, DWYER predicted this

So he actually got one of his upset picks right... broken clock effect
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Robney is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcairns1 View Post
what a performance from Mr. Banks!!!!


It was actually pretty inspirational stuff after losng his trainer, working as trainer to the best heavyweight on the planet whilst preparing for his own fight then having to fly to Detroit for the funeral of Manny Steward, then being a huge underdog and being booed like crazy on the way to the ring, to shutting everybody in the arena up and beating the absolute shit out of Mitchell......and all within a week!!!

Banks a G
I was thinking the same thing. It's been some few weeks for him. Not to put a downer on it but it's likely to be the best win of his career. Prior to this win, I didn't think he'd do much at heavyweight and even after this, I still think the same.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Banks should fight David Price next, he'll do the same to him
Dai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Doesn't matter if this is his best win or not, the satisfaction he feels right now after the challenge of the past weeks must be a pretty damn good feeling.

Fair play to him
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #7
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Korea
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 7213
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

On topic; Banks a G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Doesn't matter if this is his best win or not, the satisfaction he feels right now after the challenge of the past weeks must be a pretty damn good feeling.

Fair play to him
If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in Hong Kong mate?

I ****ing love Hong Kong. Wouldn't mind living there myself. Can't say the same for Sunderland (I'm from Newcastle )
Squire is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #8
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Doesn't matter if this is his best win or not, the satisfaction he feels right now after the challenge of the past weeks must be a pretty damn good feeling.

Fair play to him
I live in new zealand and need a holiday, alright if I stay at your gaff?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #9
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
On topic; Banks a G



If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in Hong Kong mate?

I ****ing love Hong Kong. Wouldn't mind living there myself. Can't say the same for Sunderland (I'm from Newcastle )
Teaching English mate (what else ), fantastic place, loving it here. There's loads of teaching jobs if you ever did fancy a change...
Where you at exactly? Seoul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I live in new zealand and need a holiday, alright if I stay at your gaff?
No. Plenty of rooms in Chungking Mansions tho
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Up and about
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Banks should fight David Price next, he'll do the same to him
Pretty sure he'd do the same to Haye as well if he ever gets out of the 'jungle'.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #11
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 1022
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Brilliant performance from Banks.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,716
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

He can't have just defeated him, apparently.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #13
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 75
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Execute would be the word I'd use, rather than expose.

I'm not sure what's to be exposed about Mitchell, he is what he is.

It's not like he was whacking top class fighters and then caught with (say) a left to the body which put him out for the count.... that's an exposure.

Simply losing isn't.

Actually, can you be exposed?

Or is it elements/flaws within your make-up that are exposed, rather than you yourself?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Fair play to Banks, Where does he go from here?
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #15
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Johnathon Banks exposing Seth Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Execute would be the word I'd use, rather than expose.

I'm not sure what's to be exposed about Mitchell, he is what he is.

It's not like he was whacking top class fighters and then caught with (say) a left to the body which put him out for the count.... that's an exposure.

Simply losing isn't.

Actually, can you be exposed?

Or is it elements/flaws within your make-up that are exposed, rather than you yourself?
Yes.

But then again, if this is the case, he was probably "exposed" against Witherspoon.
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013