Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Could Froch be left with no one to fight?

Kessler beats Magee and then fights Ward
Ward fights Pavlik in Jan 2013 and then fights Kessler
Bute refuses the rematched
Abraham and Sauderland want nothing to with Froch after last time

Who else is there to fight once Froch beats Stevenson who is his mandatory?

I can't see him fight Groves or DeGale yet because they won't do anything for his record or legacy at the moment.

Does he move up to light heavy for a fight or two until Kessler or Ward become available/want the fight?

I can see him having to fight a couple more fringe operators if Ward and Kessler keep him waiting on a rematch.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Could Froch be left with no one to fight?

Why would Kessler fight Ward infront of 7 thousand people? When he can fight Froch at Nottingham Forest ground in front of 20-30 thousand..

Kessler will go for the bigger payday, which lies in Nottingham, also will be on PPV so plenty of money to be made.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I dunno, Kessler is VERY vocal about wanting another shot at ward, hes not mentioning Froch much.

Do you think Saurland would cash Abraham out if Hearn put together a big enough offer?

One thing froch has never done is held 2 titles at the same time, he could grab the WBO pretty easily imo
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I dunno, Kessler is VERY vocal about wanting another shot at ward, hes not mentioning Froch much.

Do you think Saurland would cash Abraham out if Hearn put together a big enough offer?

One thing froch has never done is held 2 titles at the same time, he could grab the WBO pretty easily imo
Froch has always said that he doesn't want the WBO belt. He even calls it the VVarren Boxing Organistation plus thinking about it a little bit more a rematch against Abraham isn't very interesting because Froch won every round last time they fought and it would be the same out come and would do nothing for Froch's career.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

if kessler beats magee he wants ward badly, if that dont happen kessler will make more money fighting abraham which will also happen
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

He'll never fight Abraham again.

Froch would be more than happy not to fight Bute again cos it won't add much to his legacy, it's more an inconvenience now.

Kessler i'm not sure about, he could make a lot of money fighting Abraham after this and then potentially Sturm if he makes the move to 168.

Ward doesn't deem it neccessary to fight Froch again and I can't blame him for his stance on that, Ward did dominate the fight.

On the basis of that Froch's options do look limited. Stevenson isn't likely to whet the appetite of the casual fan. I'd love to see Froch move up and fight Cleverly, Dawson, Cloud etc but I think he makes 168 with ease and I don't see him leaving.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I don't think he'll be left in the cold, but he might have a problem getting the fights he wants, in the order that he wants them.

There's an awful lot out there between 160 and 175, who he could face at some point. Not really a cause for concern at this stage.

The only issue for me is the Bute rematch - do they have an option when they exercise the rematch clause, or does it have to be within a set time period?

What would be a nightmare situation is if they said they wanted an extra tune-up and if the window for Carl to fight again co-incided with there being nobody really available, like this time?

What he doesn't want now he's built up so much momentum is another ''Mack level'' opponent.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Move to light heavy. A fight with Tony Bellew or Cleverly would be massive. There is also Jean Pascal, Bernard Hopkins and Chad Dawson. **** Bute, the guy done got himself TKO'ed. It's not as if it was a close fight. I hope they don't want the rematch, because I certainly have no interest in it. To move to light heavy and take on the elite is exactly the sort of challenge Froch should love to take on. He will likely fall short, but so what? He has an opportunity to surpass Calzaghe and even achieve greatness. IMO he would fall short, but why not try?

Do it. Move to light heavy, because he looks ripped to shreds at super middle, so he should be comfortable there.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Bute is bound to Froch with a contract and if Lucian doesn't want it now, Stevenson is next in line as IBF Mandatory.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
One Round
Hertfordshire's Finest
ESB Senior Member

He could step up and fight Cleverly
One Round is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
boxingbrummie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 694

dont think kessler fancies another froch fight, espicially over here, albeit it makes him a big payday, could see him step up but only if he cant get any fights, makes the weight with ease so many people say

would like to see ward over here take him out of his comfort zone, however i still see ward beating him, different gravy that guy
boxingbrummie is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

The worry for me is that Carl is such a natural SMW and I think a move up would nullify much of his sting.
I think he can wring three good fights out of 168 then spend the rest of his days punishing Rachel ac-cordingly.
PityTheFool is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
DavetheSlave

I reckon he could move up without making the effort to necessarily totally fill out. Slightly alter his regime, let himself big 3-4 pounds heavier and I really think he could beat Cleverly.
DavetheSlave is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Jamal Perkins
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafflad26 View Post
Kessler beats Magee and then fights Ward
Ward fights Pavlik in Jan 2013 and then fights Kessler
Bute refuses the rematched
Abraham and Sauderland want nothing to with Froch after last time

Who else is there to fight once Froch beats Stevenson who is his mandatory?

I can't see him fight Groves or DeGale yet because they won't do anything for his record or legacy at the moment.

Does he move up to light heavy for a fight or two until Kessler or Ward become available/want the fight?

I can see him having to fight a couple more fringe operators if Ward and Kessler keep him waiting on a rematch.
U certainly live up to your user name. Silly thread.
Yeah like Kessler is going to fight ward for peanuts in america in a fight he will very likely lose again in a dull affair rather than a financial and artistic blockbuster with Froch.

And trust me all Bute wants is a rematch with Froch even if mentally he has demons.

Domestic challenges from a Groves or Degale and even barker, macklin etc are there so why the f move up to LH?
Martinez might be convinced to fight froch in the states if push came to shove
Jamal Perkins is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

I think we will see Stevenson in March in Nottingham, and then Kessler in the summer.
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum