Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: for good athletes transitioning to boxing, is the chin the biggest factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
100% true.
i really just don't get it. boxing is the hardest sport and yet so many people think they can suceed at it when they never boxed before. i never heard of tennis, soccer, football, or any other sports where a twenty year old young man wakes up and say that they want to play that sport professionally. yet in boxing you can wake up at 21 and walk into a boxing gym and become a boxer. i compare it to my line of work. i'm a musician and i remember all these people first year of college auditioning to become music majors not knowing how to play an instrument, reading music or anything else about music thinking they can catch up with people who started their instruments at 5 years old.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
BlueBottle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: for good athletes transitioning to boxing, is the chin the biggest factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
A good grasp of solid fundamentals is essential. Experience, in other words. You can't expect a guy to learn in three or four years what it takes basically a lifetime to learn.
Alot of people mentioned skill. We should assume that he will be learning from a trainer even before the first match and being a good athlete means you can performance these skill faster and at a higher level.

Taking years to learn, is there a possibility that it takes years for your body to get adjusted take a punch? I mean I am assuming punches are harder in a profession match then the amateurs of in the gyms sparring.
BlueBottle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum