boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bute after Froch-Mack: The Rematch is a certainty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Pretty standard actually. Loads of fighters in the past have done this.
Standard? That's an incredible achievement especially considering he ended up losing two of them fights whilst facing the best available opposition as well. He didn't take any tune up despite them loses, so I'd love to see all these examples of someone fighting the top opposition of his weight class and having no tune ups, while fighting in 10 world title fights in a row and regaining the titles twice. Not exactly 'standard' when you look a lil deeper ey rico?
Webbiano is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #32
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Well when you give all advantages as a Champion if favor of a Challenger you should expect some contractual safety-net stipulated.
Sure, i understand this, but surely not a rolling contract that bute can choose when he likes the fight to happen. usually re-matches happen immediately after a close fight. Bute has already allowed for a fight to sharpen up and i think it will be very disappointing if the fight has to wait until the summer
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #33
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
Sure, i understand this, but surely not a rolling contract that bute can choose when he likes the fight to happen. usually re-matches happen immediately after a close fight. Bute has already allowed for a fight to sharpen up and i think it will be very disappointing if the fight has to wait until the summer
Bute seems to want this, and thinks he can do much better.. His team is probably the one reluctant to it, they don't understand his feelings completely and fear for his health and more importantly for them, a career ending fight. They would probably prefer one last cash in before Froch and they might even try to convince him of that.
It would probably be better for Bute to take on guys who don't put an insane pressure and are very aggressive in the ring. I would speculate that a Kessler or Claud fight he can win or anyway has much bigger chances to succeed. But his heart and mine as a fans says Froch, lets get it done. Doesn't matter if you lose as long as you give your best, just show us who you are and what you got.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #34
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I'm not sure there is much interest if they rematch in their next fight. Most fans consider the matter already settled. There's little drama.

It might be better if Bute can squeeze in a good performance first; play the "I've improved since then" card and generate some buzz.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #35
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Bute seems to want this, and thinks he can do much better.. His team is probably the one reluctant to it, they don't understand his feelings completely and fear for his health and more importantly for them, a career ending fight. They would probably prefer one last cash in before Froch and they might even try to convince him of that.
It would probably be better for Bute to take on guys who don't put an insane pressure and are very aggressive in the ring. I would speculate that a Kessler or Claud fight he can win or anyway has much bigger chances to succeed. But his heart and mine as a fans says Froch, lets get it done. Doesn't matter if you lose as long as you give your best, just show us who you are and what you got.
It does seem that his team or somebody is not sure. I think if bute doesn't get the fight done in march then he and his team should do the honourable thing and let froch move forward with his career. Maybe they can have a gentlemen's agreement that a fight will happen down the line when bute has had enough time to get his mind right against other fighters less lightly to go all caveman on him.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #36
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Either take the fight now or dont bother.

I like Bute but I think he is hanging around waiting on an excuse not to have it or praying Froch grows old overnight.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #37
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I'm not sure there is much interest if they rematch in their next fight. Most fans consider the matter already settled. There's little drama.

It might be better if Bute can squeeze in a good performance first; play the "I've improved since then" card and generate some buzz.
In the grand scheme of things nobody will much interested after what happened in the first fight.

I am certainly not interested in seeing it if it messes up the potential for other fights nor do I think it fair that team bute gets to choose when they think he is ready.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #38
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodzo View Post
no need to be a d1ck about it i was just pointin out im sure there'd be some fighters out there who after the last fight would avoid froch like the plague
I've said in several other threads that he's in an unenviable position and I've even had sympathy for him,but I don't think he should get credit for taking a rematch he signed for,particularly when Froch wouldn't get a rematch if he'd taken that beating.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #39
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK View Post
Bute earned a lot of respect from me for being willing to travel to the UK to fight Froch(unlike some I could mention) and also in the way he conducted himself in defeat.

However, a rematch in Canada might earn Bute a shedload of cash, and Bute may feel confident now, but as soon as the bell goes and Froch starts whacking him again he'll fall apart just like last time.
I agree with all of this except the implied slight to P4P #2 & SMW goat Andre Ward.
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I've said in several other threads that he's in an unenviable position and I've even had sympathy for him,but I don't think he should get credit for taking a rematch he signed for,particularly when Froch wouldn't get a rematch if he'd taken that beating.
Froch has stated himself that he would have retired, so what's the point of your sorrow poured out here ?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #41
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Froch has stated himself that he would have retired, so what's the point of your sorrow poured out here ?
Not the point.The rematch would only have happened if Froch lost a close fight.That's why all these claims that the contract was stacked in Froch's favour are laughable.Bute's team got all the favours when the rematch clauses were inserted.And you only found out about him retiring after he splattered Bute all over the ring.
The clause was already in place.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #42
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Not the point.The rematch would only have happened if Froch lost a close fight.That's why all these claims that the contract was stacked in Froch's favour are laughable.Bute's team got all the favours when the rematch clauses were inserted.And you only found out about him retiring after he splattered Bute all over the ring.
The clause was already in place.
Froch didn't really care about having a rematch if he lost that why he didn't bother to negotiate one I guess ..... HE WOULD HAVE RETIRED.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #43
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Froch didn't really care about having a rematch if he lost that why he didn't bother to negotiate one I guess ..... HE WOULD HAVE RETIRED.
I don't know what you're failing to grasp here.
The rematch clause stated that if Froch lost heavily,there would be no rematch,but if Bute lost heavily, there would be.
The fact Carl said he 'd retire AFTER the fight is immaterial to the point I'm making.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #44
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I agree with all of this except the implied slight to P4P #2 & SMW goat Andre Ward.
it's the truth though.

bute as a champ would travel and ward wouldn't.

He wouldn't even face bute in what would have been a very lucrative fight for them both.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #45
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

"The Rematch is a certainty!"

gee....where the **** did he draw that conclusion from? Oh yeah, thats kinda what a rematch clause means, that there will be a rematch.

after round 9...comes round 10!
iceman71 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum