boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933
Default Macklin to fight Andy Lee in Ireland or New York if he can't get the Chavez fight.

Macklin was just on Irish radio there in response to Andy Lee.
Says he is getting his nose operated on (in December). They are targeting Chavez next but if that fight doesnt come off for Cinco de Mayo than he absolutely wants to fight Andy Lee in the O2 arena in Dublin.

Would be a great fight. That said, won't complain if he gets the Chavez fight either.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3275
Default Re: Macklin to fight Andy Lee in Ireland or New York if he can't get the Chavez fight

Good fight, I think match ups between Top British and Irish middleweights would be good fights. Macklin, Lee, Barker and Murray would all make for good match ups and pretty big domestic fights.
weegriffin is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Macklin to fight Andy Lee in Ireland or New York if he can't get the Chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
Says he is getting his nose operated on (in December). They are targeting Chavez next but if that fight doesnt come off for Cinco de Mayo than he absolutely wants to fight Andy Lee in the O2 arena in Dublin.

Would be a great fight. That said, won't complain if he gets the Chavez fight either.
That's a good fight, what promoter is Andy Lee signed to
Quinton_Mob is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Cinco De Mayo?? Don't tell me Top Rank/Golden Boy are going to pull that Canelo/Chavez Jr. **** again??

Besides I seen this weekend on either Solo Boxeo or BoxAzteca that the rematch with Martinez is already green lighted for a September rematch.

But a fight with Maklin & Chavez would be a good s****.
Lee/Maklin also a good fight.
Hatesrats is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
woodzo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

b a good fight,, would of loved to of seen macklin murray though, hopfully in time
woodzo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Mob View Post
That's a good fight, what promoter is Andy Lee signed to
Both are with DiBella. Would indeed be a great fight
Malden is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

make it happen
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Cinco De Mayo?? Don't tell me Top Rank/Golden Boy are going to pull that Canelo/Chavez Jr. **** again??

Besides I seen this weekend on either Solo Boxeo or BoxAzteca that the rematch with Martinez is already green lighted for a September rematch.

But a fight with Maklin & Chavez would be a good s****.
Lee/Maklin also a good fight.
They both seem confident they can beat each other but there won't be any thrash talking because their sort of friends in a way.
I think while the Lee pay day would not be as good as the Chavez pay day, it would still sell a lot more than anyone else Macklin could possibly fight including the other title holders.
10 thousand in Dublin at gate receipts alone and could possible end up on Sky or delayed HBO broadcast.
Would it sell out the garden? Yes, certainly on paddys day.
But with the ppv figures that Chavez presents Macklin wants a slice of that pie first and foremost.

I was thinking that if Fernando Guerror ends up fiighting Golovkin in January that leaves the door open for Danny Jacobs to come back into the mix. And a Pirog rematch maybe! Pirog isnt up to much it seems and if Jacobs is training much harder etc maybe they will want it! I think Guerrero and Jacobs are both wild card and won't be mixing with Quillin any time soon. In fact you throw in chavez than thats 4 160 wildcard fighters right there.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:

Agreed!
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Quote:
They both seem confident they can beat each other but there won't be any thrash talking because their sort of friends in a way.
I think while the Lee pay day would not be as good as the Chavez pay day, it would still sell a lot more than anyone else Macklin could possibly fight including the other title holders.
10 thousand in Dublin at gate receipts alone and could possible end up on Sky or delayed HBO broadcast.
Would it sell out the garden? Yes, certainly on paddys day.
But with the ppv figures that Chavez presents Macklin wants a slice of that pie first and foremost.

I was thinking that if Fernando Guerror ends up fiighting Golovkin in January that leaves the door open for Danny Jacobs to come back into the mix. And a Pirog rematch maybe! Pirog isnt up to much it seems and if Jacobs is training much harder etc maybe they will want it! I think Guerrero and Jacobs are both wild card and won't be mixing with Quillin any time soon. In fact you throw in chavez than thats 4 160 wildcard fighters right there.
great assessment.
Hatesrats is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Macklin would give anyone fits the guy is fun to watch. Can still see him pull an upset here, upset there. I won't lie would rather much see Chavez Jr vs Macklin!
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

Middleweight is Hot!
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

New York or Dublin will be where it is held. But it would be better if it was in Thomand park with both from Limerick & Tipperary!!
Opti is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum