boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
MrSpeaker89
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Default Vitali and body shots

I know he does have a good chin, the few times it's really been hit and tested.

However, his ability to take body punches can't be denied. Chisora, Briggs, Arreola despite being dominated all landed quite a few big punches to Vitali's body where they put their full force behind them. Vitali barely blinked after each shot. So is he also Dr Iron Body?
MrSpeaker89 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

He was maybe old for that fight but after the fight with Chisora his body wasn't only completely red he also looked really exhausted. It was an old Vitali but I bet he must have felt horribly on the next morning
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

No, he's seemed to be troubled by bodywork by Byrd, Lewis & Chisora, very much so in the former, though he was older in the latter.

Because of their size (and possible deviated septums?) I don't think either of the brothers has great stamina and would generally have a tough time with soemone who can get to the body regularly.
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeaker89 View Post
I know he does have a good chin, the few times it's really been hit and tested.

However, his ability to take body punches can't be denied. Chisora, Briggs, Arreola despite being dominated all landed quite a few big punches to Vitali's body where they put their full force behind them. Vitali barely blinked after each shot. So is he also Dr Iron Body?
seriously wtf

You beat your opponents 100-0 in every.. maybe taking couple of decent bodypunches.. And then comes MrSpeaker DR IRON BODY!!!!
Consu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shave your grey hairs
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 1592
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
No, he's seemed to be troubled by bodywork by Byrd, Lewis & Chisora, very much so in the former, though he was older in the latter.

Because of their size (and possible deviated septums?) I don't think either of the brothers has great stamina and would generally have a tough time with soemone who can get to the body regularly.
They DO have great stamina, both; it's a key for their success; also, they obviously doesn't have problems with body shots; a lot of fighters, before fihting them said stuffs like "some liver shots, and he'll be down"; apart the fact that every single time they went to body shots a K, they get a counter-straight on their face as an answer, they have taken terrible punishments to the body several times, without really suffering; of course, such class of punches cannot leave you inhaltered, but they didn't do significant damages; and to become red is not a damage, considering that even scratching or gentle slapping, a body place becomes red; of course, if you're dark or tanned that is less or not evident at all.
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,338
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Because of their size (and possible deviated septums?) I don't think either of the brothers has great stamina and would generally have a tough time with soemone who can get to the body regularly.
I disagree. I think both have phenomenal stamina considering their punch output and size.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Vitali took some heavy body shots against Lewis ... Lewis got like 8 or 9 consecutive big punches in Vitali's side while they were locked in a clinch in the 5th round of their fight ... Vitali is a freak, those shots would've broken the ribs of a normal person
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: in my house
Posts: 5,636
vCash: 762
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad*****ter View Post
I disagree. I think both have phenomenal stamina considering their punch output and size.
well put..

i cannot see how men of their size could have any more stamina than they already possess..if they did it would definitly be time to take the test
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
damian38
BigDramaShow
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 143
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad*****ter View Post
I disagree. I think both have phenomenal stamina considering their punch output and size.
spot on

Vitali throwing between 600-700 punches a fight is phenominal for a HW
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,991
vCash: 122
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Neither brother has great stamina, they both fight at a slow pace at which they are comfortable & Vitali throwing lots of arm punches isnt a sign of great stamina.

Bowe-Holyfield 1 & Tua-Ike are examples of modern HW fights where great stamina was displayed.
DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 700
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Neither brother has great stamina, they both fight at a slow pace at which they are comfortable & Vitali throwing lots of arm punches isnt a sign of great stamina.

Bowe-Holyfield 1 & Tua-Ike are examples of modern HW fights where great stamina was displayed.
Being biased is one thing....you are completely ignoring the facts.
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,991
vCash: 122
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
Being biased is one thing....you are completely ignoring the facts.
Neither bro has great stamina, if you removed your rose-tinted spectacles you might be able to see the truth.

In which fight has either of them fought at a high pace for 12 rounds.
DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,338
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Neither brother has great stamina, they both fight at a slow pace at which they are comfortable & Vitali throwing lots of arm punches isnt a sign of great stamina.
I love the "slow pace" part You're just delusional, that's all.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,223
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Neither bro has great stamina, if you removed your rose-tinted spectacles you might be able to see the truth.

In which fight has either of them fought at a high pace for 12 rounds.
Vittles fights at a hard pace, but the 2 times his opponents didn't just fold up he was sucking wind by the 6th round.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
j0llsrud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 219
vCash: 778
Default Re: Vitali and body shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Neither bro has great stamina, if you removed your rose-tinted spectacles you might be able to see the truth.

In which fight has either of them fought at a high pace for 12 rounds.
Vitali vs Kevin Johnson,
Total Punches Klitschko Johnson
Landed 298 65
Thrown 1013 332
Percent 29% 20%

Over a 1000 punches from a 247 lbs man, that's pretty decent.
j0llsrud is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015