Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Just watched Wlad vs Wach: A few thoughts....

First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, shit for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute SHIT for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438
Default Re: Just watched Wlad vs Wach; A few comments....

Holyfield beats both Klits. Stops Wlad ans smokes Armpuncher Vitali.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I agree with all of that.

Yet post fight people on here were arguing wlad had broken into the top 5.atg list based on that win
Dai is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
I agree with all of that.

Yet post fight people on here were arguing wlad had broken into the top 5.atg list based on that win
Lol.

They've been drinking the Klitschko Kool-Aid....
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Holyfield beats both Klits. Stops Wlad ans smokes Armpuncher Vitali.
If you're for real, I am for real 2. Put Evander in there with either man and let Evander fight the best he can. Let's c if he ends up in the Hospital or hearing a close decision call from the judges.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Default Re: Just watched Wlad vs Wach: A few thoughts....

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

An old Holyfield would beat both Klits

hence why they continue to duck him saying something about his age when they regularly fight 40 year old has beens
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
LancsTerrible
Different Forms of Game.
ESB Addict

vCash: 2238

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
LancsTerrible is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Holmes fought in the worst era of heavy weight boxing ever, his jab against tomato cans means nothing.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancsTerrible View Post
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
Holmes fought in the worst era of heavy weight boxing ever, his jab against tomato cans means nothing.
In what other era does Wach get a title fight of this magnitude?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Shrewd Operator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, shit for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute SHIT for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".

I think Wladimir beats Holyfield by decision....
Shrewd Operator is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

LOL Wlad was in more trouble in that single round where he was on the ropes than Wach was in the entire fight

Wlad was nearly dropped again while Wach wasn't even close to going down for all 12 rounds
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
Ric Flair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Woooooo!
Ric Flair is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum