Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Froch would put Ward on queer street

Froch kept his distance, and used his height and reach to keep away from an AA punch. Yet still was caught a few times during the fight.

When Froch was caught, he had a decent chin and remained composed. Also he was physically stronger than AA, so turned on the dirty tactics to keep AA off him.

If Ward fights his usual fight trying to force his opponent to the ropes, and fight dirty in the inside, he would be in range and be caught. If Sakio Bika can land those hooks, AA a more accomplished puncher would land some aswell.

Ward may end up winning a UD, but I would not rule out a come from behind KO by AA when they fight in the Semis.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Wig
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Abraham would put Ward on queer street

Agree with this, homecooked judges can't rewrite KOs.

Can see the King being the one to expose this woeful american hypejob.
Wig is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Rofl. Froch got caught because he's ****ing Froch. He's not a natural pure gifted athlete like Ward.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Abraham, an insider fighter? Arthur Abraham?

Abraham may be overall better than Bika, but he ain't anywhere near as dangerous on the inside!
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8025

He's got a puncher's chance as Ward's chin durability is still in question but that's what we said against Dirrell and Froch. The fact is, he's landed only a handful of flush shots on those guys. That's not a good sign. And AA can't counter to save his life. When opponents throw, he covers up until they stop. Ward is going to be in AA's chest and AA will have no answer. And he can also outbox AA quite easily.
klion22 is online now  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

If AA does do the fight, is it in Germany?

No way does Ward get another fight in Oakland.
tito44 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Rofl. Froch got caught because he's ****ing Froch. He's not a natural pure gifted athlete like Ward.
Froch tried not to get into the inside, and was caught with counter left hooks when he lunged in round 2/3. I said, if Ward tries to mix it up in the inside, he would be caught and put on queer street eventually.

And maybe end up crying like Dirrell, but Ward seems more of a man than Dirrell, so I think he wont cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dece Bal View Post
Abraham, an insider fighter? Arthur Abraham?

Abraham may be overall better than Bika, but he ain't anywhere near as dangerous on the inside!
I agree, but what I am saying is, AA was dealt with by Froch and Dirrell from far range. Ward is more of an inside guy, so I give AA a better chance because eventually Ward will be in range.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Froch kept his distance, and used his height and reach to keep away from an AA punch. Yet still was caught a few times during the fight.

When Froch was caught, he had a decent chin and remained composed. Also he was physically stronger than AA, so turned on the dirty tactics to keep AA off him.

If Ward fights his usual fight trying to force his opponent to the ropes, and fight dirty in the inside, he would be in range and be caught. If Sakio Bika can land those hooks, AA a more accomplished puncher would land some aswell.

Ward may end up winning a UD, but I would not rule out a come from behind KO by AA when they fight in the Semis.
Why the hell would he put Ward on queer street, AA was really outboxed by a timid Taylor, a heartless Andre Dirrell and got shutout by Carl Froch, he was taking to deep waters in his first fight with Edison Miranda who possess no boxing skills at all and it's looking more and more like he's too small for Super Middleweight.

Ward held his own and eventually manhandled a very, very strong, wild and unorthodoxed Sakio Bika, theres no doubt he would be physically stronger than little AA, AA lack of offense and inability to fight on the inside will get him roughed up, swollen, beaten and possibly forced into retirement.

At 31 he can't and will not be able to change his fighting style and all Andre essentially will have to do is box him and with Wards fast hands good footwork and intelligence and very good defence AA doen't stand a chance, i think you should be more realistic, hoping for a lucky shot will not get it.
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Froch tried not to get into the inside, and was caught with counter left hooks when he lunged in round 2/3. I said, if Ward tries to mix it up in the inside, he would be caught and put on queer street eventually.

And maybe end up crying like Dirrell, but Ward seems more of a man than Dirrell, so I think he wont cry.

I agree, but what I am saying is, AA was dealt with by Froch and Dirrell from far range. Ward is more of an inside guy, so I give AA a better chance because eventually Ward will be in range.
Dirrel had few problems with AA. Froch completely shut him out. If Ward, who is supposed to be a lot more talented, versatile and clever than both of these has trouble... what does that tell you?

Nah, I'm not buying it. Ward should be able to win a safe fight.
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
Hitta_Squadup
Beast ***e
ESB Addict

vCash: 5304

Quote:

You do realize AA can't fight on the inside right and that Wards defence is better than Froch and Dirrell, what exactly do you see when you watch this guy fight?
Hitta_Squadup is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22 View Post
He's got a puncher's chance as Ward's chin durability is still in question but that's what we said against Dirrell and Froch. The fact is, he's landed only a handful of flush shots on those guys. That's not a good sign. And AA can't counter to save his life. When opponents throw, he covers up until they stop. Ward is going to be in AA's chest and AA will have no answer. And he can also outbox AA quite easily.
Ward doesnt have a major height and reach advantage over AA, like Dirrell and Froch did.

So Ward wont be able to keep AA at range like Froch and Dirrell did. Also Ward is an inside fighter himself, so eventually he would be in range and caught, thus be put on queer street.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

I think people will be suprised come fight time. Many people here are doing the typical posturing, and now will totally write AA off, but once the bell rings, Ward is going to have his hands full I feel, and while one would have to favor Ward, I will not at all, not at all, be suprised, if AA wins this fight. I think its funny how bad people are talking about AA right now and now saying hes got no shot against Ward (just look at posts on AA literally a week ago to see the complete opposite of opinions on AA )

AA is a very dangerous fight for Ward, I think Ward should probably win that UD, but certain dimensions to this fight make it very, very interesting.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

I'll just come out and say it, AA is ****ing Euro Hype Job, who has been exposed and why you would think he would beat Ward is beyond me.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

No way. Ward becomes the first man to stop Abraham imo. Not from one punch but an accumulation of precise punches. The ref will stop it around 11.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
You're a moron. Ward can box, mix it up on the inside, he is the most versatile fighter in the super six. Against Kessler he was whipping Kessler from the outside and the inside. Ward was for most of his career a slick outside fighter. Only recently has he become a technical pressure fighter. And its not like Arthuir abraham can fight on the inside anyway.

Quote:
Crying because he got hit with an illegal shot? What a scum bag you are. Michael Katsidis was crying last night is he a bitch too. Typical keyboard warrior.

Quote:
Watch the first 5 roudns against Kessler fool if you believe Ward is just an inside guy.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum