Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 103
Default John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Sure, Duddy took a lot of flack from fans and media. He was too easy to hit, lacked power, etc. But the fact is that Duddy did better than Lee against Chavez Jr. I think that says something about Duddy. He's gritty.

Duddy should come back for an all-UK showdown with against Lee or Macklin.
kenmore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Sure, Duddy took a lot of flack from fans and media. He was too easy to hit, lacked power, etc. But the fact is that Duddy did better than Lee against Chavez Jr. I think that says something about Duddy. He's gritty.

Duddy should come back for an all-UK showdown with against Lee or Macklin.
Its not an all UK showdown both Lee & Macklin are Irish.

Chavez improved immensely over his last few fights and Lee fought a much better version. Lee was ahead on points but stupidly (& typically of Lee) started to brawl and not box on the outside! Hopefully Booth fixes this & his stamina
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

duddy was fun to watch, but reached a level and wasnt going any higher. he is smart enough to get out rather than take beatings every fight even in victory
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Jolly Roger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 267
vCash: 132
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Born and raised in Birmingham, with a Brummie accent. So Irish.

If he was born and raised in New York we would call him a plastic paddy.
Jolly Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Born and raised in Birmingham, with a Brummie accent. So Irish.

If he was born and raised in New York we would call him a plastic paddy.
What does he call himself?!? What flag does he fight under?? Exactly so shut it
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
Jolly Roger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 267
vCash: 132
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
What does he call himself?!? What flag does he fight under?? Exactly so shut it
Whatever he wants. Can I be Jamaican?

I just find people insisting he's not British funny, because he clearly is, whether he wants to be or not.
Jolly Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,409
vCash: 227381
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Sure, Duddy took a lot of flack from fans and media. He was too easy to hit, lacked power, etc. But the fact is that Duddy did better than Lee against Chavez Jr. I think that says something about Duddy. He's gritty.

Duddy should come back for an all-UK showdown with against Lee or Macklin.
I'd argue that Lee did better than Duddy. Lee was winning the fight when he was stopped. The only round you could make an argument for Duddy was the second.

Poor trolling too with All-UK shit.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Whatever he wants. Can I be Jamaican?

I just find people insisting he's not British funny, because he clearly is, whether he wants to be or not.
Parents are Irish & spent a lot of time in Ireland when he was younger! He is proud to be Irish!!
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
I'd argue that Lee did better than Duddy. Lee was winning the fight when he was stopped. The only round you could make an argument for Duddy was the second.

Poor trolling too with All-UK shit.
Yeah i completely agree
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,556
vCash: 933
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

I hate this nationallity shit. Macklin is both UK and Irish. He says himself whether any of us like it or not. Lee and Duddy are Irish. Murray and Barker are British.
All should have fought each other but due to boxing being boxing it never happend.

Apart from Duddy the rest could still fight each other.
Duddy was due to fight lee just before announcing his retirement.
YEs he was exciting to watch. But he is smart and put his health first.
I congratulate the guy on making a few bucks and leaving with his health in tact.
Thanks for the memories Duddy.
As for Lee and Macklin, unless Chavez gets in the way, that fight will happen in March 2013. It's a 50/50. It will happen 1 way or another im sure. In the mean time if Murray, Barker and McEwan could mix with each other.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 1065
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
I hate this nationallity shit. Macklin is both UK and Irish. He says himself whether any of us like it or not. Lee and Duddy are Irish. Murray and Barker are British.
All should have fought each other but due to boxing being boxing it never happend.

Apart from Duddy the rest could still fight each other.
Duddy was due to fight lee just before announcing his retirement.
YEs he was exciting to watch. But he is smart and put his health first.
I congratulate the guy on making a few bucks and leaving with his health in tact.
Thanks for the memories Duddy.
As for Lee and Macklin, unless Chavez gets in the way, that fight will happen in March 2013. It's a 50/50. It will happen 1 way or another im sure. In the mean time if Murray, Barker and McEwan could mix with each other.
It's depressing isn't it? 5 fringe world class guys at the same weight in the same era (Maybe Duddy retired before Murray really came on the scene) and there's not been one fight between them.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
As for Lee and Macklin, unless Chavez gets in the way, that fight will happen in March 2013. It's a 50/50. It will happen 1 way or another im sure. In the mean time if Murray, Barker and McEwan could mix with each other.
McEwan has went down to 154 and lost in the prizefighter so wouldn't have him in the mix anymore.

Personally i don't think Murray would beat any of Lee, Barker or Macklin!!
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

His health would be better off if he stayed retired.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
ó Cuinneagáin
Tree hugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaclann Dúlra an Traonaigh
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
duddy was fun to watch, but reached a level and wasnt going any higher. he is smart enough to get out rather than take beatings every fight even in victory
This.
ó Cuinneagáin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Duddy should come back to fight Lee or Macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Whatever he wants. Can I be Jamaican?

I just find people insisting he's not British funny, because he clearly is, whether he wants to be or not.
If your parents are both Jamaican born then yes sir, you certainly can.

Why are Brits so threatened by fighters acknowledging their roots?
loughlan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013