Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Might well get knocked the **** out.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

He deserves it with all the shit he chats
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
He deserves it with all the shit he chats
Haven't read it. What's he said?
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Haven't read it. What's he said?
Nothing bad,

Its just he calls out the big guys constantly.. Now he has to fight one.

Basically put up or shut up
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,778
vCash: 248
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Android Berto will walk to the ring Juiced the Gills and utilize the power of Haitian Chants to mummify Robert in the first round:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Android Berto will walk to the ring Juiced the Gills and utilize the power of Haitian Chants to mummify Robert in the first round:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That would be some dirty shit right there.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,644
vCash: 115
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

guerrero will probly see what a real ghost look like this weekend.
dodong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 976
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

To be honest, this is a great fight.
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,068
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

you should be concerned. guerrero had problems with selcuk aydin, a tough, good fighter. andre berto is not only stronger, bigger and faster than aydin, but he's also simply been through more in the ring. if being in the ring sans steroids does not affect berto adversely, I expect a big, somewhat dominant win for him.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

it will be good fight, i think berto is more faster, exlosive and stronger. but i think robert will have the better stamina and he will bring his speed since hes a blown up lightweight. i just wonder if the ghost can take those missile like right hands he throws. the ghost aint no push over but i think hes to small for berto and not enough power thats all.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
DonnyMo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
you should be concerned. guerrero had problems with selcuk aydin, a tough, good fighter. andre berto is not only stronger, bigger and faster than aydin, but he's also simply been through more in the ring. if being in the ring sans steroids does not affect berto adversely, I expect a big, somewhat dominant win for him.
Actually you should be concerned...Berto got beat by a very very medicore southpaw Luis Collazo who is slower and vastly less skilled than the ghost.
Collazo's claim to fame was having one good fight against a blown up ricky hatton in his first fight at welter...and losing every round to sugar shane mosley.

Berto could very well use his steroid strength and power to overwhelm the lightweight but i just dont see it, nevertheless HBO wont let him lose a decision because they need to protect him for a floyd fight.
DonnyMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,068
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMo View Post
Actually you should be concerned...Berto got beat by a very very medicore southpaw Luis Collazo who is slower and vastly less skilled than the ghost.
Collazo's claim to fame was having one good fight against a blown up ricky hatton in his first fight at welter...and losing every round to sugar shane mosley.

Berto could very well use his steroid strength and power to overwhelm the lightweight but i just dont see it, nevertheless HBO wont let him lose a decision because they need to protect him for a floyd fight.
we'll see
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

I think Guerrero put himself in a win-win situation. Even if he gets KOed it's a reasonable sacrifice to make in order to receive the biggest payday of his career. He'll be able to take care of his sick wife just fine with that fat paycheck. If he loses this weekend he can move down to 135 to dick Broner into a fight. I think there's still interest in that among real boxing fans.
gyll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #14
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMo View Post
Actually you should be concerned...Berto got beat by a very very medicore southpaw Luis Collazo who is slower and vastly less skilled than the ghost.
Collazo's claim to fame was having one good fight against a blown up ricky hatton in his first fight at welter...and losing every round to sugar shane mosley.

Berto could very well use his steroid strength and power to overwhelm the lightweight but i just dont see it, nevertheless HBO wont let him lose a decision because they need to protect him for a floyd fight.
Interesting take. Both guys have looked like shit at various times. Guerrero's lack of experience in the weight division I think is the biggest wild card.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #15
makeitrain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 461
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm a bit concerned for The Ghost this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
I think Guerrero put himself in a win-win situation. Even if he gets KOed it's a reasonable sacrifice to make in order to receive the biggest payday of his career. He'll be able to take care of his sick wife just fine with that fat paycheck. If he loses this weekend he can move down to 135 to dick Broner into a fight. I think there's still interest in that among real boxing fans.

I agree. He can still maybe make a splash at 140 too
makeitrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013