Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Austin Trout's Chances

Fights 2 weeks away and i dont see too much attention to it on here

perfect crossroads fight, an American belt holder looking to become a popular name fighter vs an established and possibly revitalized Cotto but a Cotto who is definitely on the other side of his prime maybe thinking about hanging up the gloves

Trout is a guy i dont really know much about, i have only seen his Rodriguez fight which was not impressive and i glanced at his record which also is not all that impressive

on a second thought i know he didnt look great vs Rodriguez but who does..I do know Cotto just looked great vs a guy nobody looks good against and that is Floyd Mayweather

I know Floyd's fans will say 117-111 or 118-110 and Manny's fans will tell you its as close as 115-113 but regardless of what the score was Cotto gave Floyd a very difficult fight and this was a surprise to many who felt Floyd was going to walk all over Cotto and that Cotto was shot....I myself didnt see Cotto being that difficult

Now this makes me wonder, Cotto just gave Floyd hell and now he is facing Trout, I dont like the A vs B vs C logic and i dont wanna say Cotto fought Floyd tooth and nail so he should handle Trout but it may look that way to some

Cotto with his knew trainer has boxed superbly in his fights and i would expect the same exact thing in this fight. I also dont know if Trout presents the sort of style that has in the past given Cotto fits

Cotto is a guy that fights to make you earn his respect, Margarito and Manny both bloodied and hurt him and made him retreat, Floyd didnt do this as much and was on the ropes a decent amount but his boxing skill won the day

So is Trout able to hurt stun and get the respect of Cotto and make him retreat, or is Trout able to out box Cotto something that took lots of effort from Mayweather

I wish I knew more about Trout to give a better assessment of this fight but i dont, this is a major reason behind my anticipation for this fight on top of the circumstances
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Austin Trout's Chances

Trout nicks a close UD, working behind his jab and being semi-slick and black.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Sir Will Wigan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
Trout nicks a close UD, working behind his jab and being semi-slick and black.
I see it the same way.

But, most on here probably think that this will not even approach being competitive to the favour of Cotto.
Sir Will Wigan is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Nope.Cotto in an entirley different class.Cotto by UD or late round tko and then onto Canello.It is already ordained.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Scored Mayweather/Cotto 117-111 for Floyd and this is coming from a person who wanted to see Floyd get laid out badly by a Cotto Left Hook Bodyshot . Miguel just could not get the job done...

Now when it comes Trout/Cotto, i refuse to predict because ive never seen Austin Trout fight before ,But from what i hear i would say about 70% of the boxing world thinks Cotto is going to take it .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

I am putting a serious bet on Trout.

He has all the tools to give Cotto hell and beat him. He is bigger, stronger and younger with decent skills.

this is in NY though and Cotto is a possible Canelo opponent so the fix will be in. I see this being like the Clottey fight but Trout is better so he will edge it out.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 14814

I think Cotto is just too good. Cotto is elite. He has only lost decisively to mayweather and pac(not counting margacheato). I hope it is a great fight but I see Cotto finding a way.
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
this is in NY though and Cotto is a possible Canelo opponent so the fix will be in. I see this being like the Clottey fight but Trout is better so he will edge it out.
Yeah, I think this will be close, either way. I said Trout UD but really I mean Trout will likely do enough to win. He'll probably lose a close MD or SD like Clottey, when really deserved to win a close UD, and Cotto will go on to get stopped by Canelo.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Cotto by TKO <10rds.

Miguel will break him down with smart pressure, slowly cutting the ring and breaking Trout early on with vicious body attacks, and Cotto's devastating left hook either to the head or the body.

Cotto will counter Trout all night when he attempts to utilize his left. Trouts lower his right hand too much, and Miguel will land his left hook. If Miguel gets behind his power punches, Trout will be be KD at least once.

Miguel's jab is overly superiour to Austin's and Cotto's foot work is vastly improved....so look out for some Puertorican "slickness"......!
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

This is a tough fight for Cotto
bronx is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Trout got a good chance. Cotto is gettin more praise than he deserves for a better than expected effort in a clear loss to May. Trout just gotta take his rds decisively. If he don't dominate at least 8 outta the 12, he'll lose. Cotto is slow and got no defense. Trout is nothin special but not like he a bum.
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auracle21 View Post
Cotto is elite.
One of the most common misconceptions in boxing today

Trout got this
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Trout is naturally bigger and is a well rounded fighter, but hes not as seasoned as Cotto or as used to the big stage.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Boxer View Post
Cotto by TKO <10rds.

Miguel will break him down with smart pressure, slowly cutting the ring and breaking Trout early on with vicious body attacks, and Cotto's devastating left hook either to the head or the body.

Cotto will counter Trout all night when he attempts to utilize his left. Trouts lower his right hand too much, and Miguel will land his left hook. If Miguel gets behind his power punches, Trout will be be KD at least once.

Miguel's jab is overly superiour to Austin's and Cotto's foot work is vastly improved....so look out for some Puertorican "slickness"......!
I agree with this analysis, but aybe not the outcome. Trout doesnt fight tall and like you said he brings his hands back low. He also leans in too much and will be there for cottos left hook to the body and head.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I am still not convinced Cotto should be fighting at that weight and against guys that big. Floyd came from smaller weights. But this guy is young and will eventually go up to even heavier divisions. That is the only thing that worries me. Trout boxing skills don't worry me. Floyd and Mosley were way better boxers.

As per Canelo, Cotto would have KO Canelo back when his brother Jose fought Canelo. But Canelo is getting way too big.
Ricky369 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum