Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopporn View Post
Floyd and his team has accused Pacquiao for juicing, but now he is doing it himself. What a disgrace!


Berto accuses Ortiz of taking any Performance enhancing drugs after the fight and look what happened,
The Accuser was the one that got caught
!
Pointing fingers aye.
Florez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #32
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
No. Berto and Peterson merely suggested extra testing. From what I Gather Berto may have had some cross contamination or anomalous result, and Prterson was plain stupid/uninformed.

Neither of their "efforts" are comparable to what Floyd has done with regards to bringing PED use to light

The only reason we have even talked about it over the last 5 or so years is because of Floyd

I very much doubt you bring up something that nobody is questioning you about I'm the first place, if you yourself are guilty

If you had an affair without your wife knowing you wouldn't say "you
Know what, I think we should take a lie detector test"

Extremely unlikely - and then again as I said, his performance levels do not to me, indicate PED use, of anything he has clearly declined over the last few years
If you recall....Floyd's former stance before Manny was that all he cared about was the ends boxing afforded him. He didn't care about the sport itself, the fighters or legacy. All he cared about was his how many commas are in his check.

Floyd shed light on PED's in a way that is very suspect given his "change of heart" with how he feels about the sport and all the sudden wanting to "clean it up".

It's funny that Floyd called his tests...Olympic style testing when it wasn't. He cleverly branded his watered down tests that USADA created in conjunction with Floyd's input, as "Olympic" to add some credibility to the new tests.

The whole hard line on Blood testing all the way up the fight was odd but moreso his stance on only testing for training camp.

Fighting only one time a year.....if that leaves 12 or more months that are open to do whatever....with regards to this topic it's a bit suspect due to how athletes cycle on and off their PED's.

If you were cheating on your wife and you had a buddy in the Police Dept who could work with you on coming up with a way to beat or manipulate the lie detector test...that would be the perfect cover to come out looking like your shit don't stink when in reality, you're covered in shit.

Again....not that Floyd is a cheat...but it's a little suspect.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Everyone one is juicing. Floyd. Manny. It's only when they get caught that we can make fun and hate on them.
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #34
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Please tell me what "extra" work Floyd has done with regards to legitimizing testing with USADA in comparison to Berto and Peterson, other than the fact he's a much higher profile athlete and thus has more quotable airtime around the subject? Especially because it was his Modus Operandi for avoiding for the fight of the Century.

Nothing.

.
I'm gonna be honest if you're going to take such a biased (and clearly incorrect view) of the subject there's no point continuing this...

Whether or not he did it to avoid Pacquiao is irrelevent, Floyd made the subject of PED use and stricter testing a talked about subject in boxing, and yes, it is of course all to do with him being a bigger name, but again, the reasons that he did it are irrelevent, the fact is he did do it

This is undeniable, Berto & Peterson wouldn't have undergone the tests were it not for Floyd talking (and accusing) for the last 5 or so years

He has clearly done more to bring the subject to the fore than anybody else in the sport, whether you think he did it out of fear or not is not the issue

Though I don't wish to start the blame argument, I doubt he brought up drug testing to avoid Pacquiao, this theory relies on the fact that Floyd would have had prior knowledge that Pacquiao was either

1. On PEDs
2. Would say no to testing

As if Pacquiao agreed, then you would have had Floyd being a juicer, having to take doping tests and take a fight he supposedly didn't want

Again, does not seem the most logical conclusion and is infact a very risky ploy to attempt for someone who doesn't seem too bright
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #35
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
No that's not the best way to fly under the radar, the best way would be to have said nothing, and the situation would have been as it was - with very little people caring or being aware of PED use, and no stricter testing to catch him
Not if you were trying to duck a fight and didn't want to come out and say the words..."I don't want to fight this kid".

By Floyd making it seem as though PAC was a cheater based on nothing more than Manny being successful wasn't strong enough for people to get behind this excuse...

But by putting on a cape and being the "savior" of boxing and caring enough to want to "clean up the sport"...well...that changes the excuse into a "MOVEMENT".....a very admirable movement for some who are just scratching the surface of this situation.

This whole "MOVEMENT" snow balled for Floyd...he originally came up with the testing protocol for PAC....but when the PAC fight fell through the first time he had to continue on with the "MOVEMENT" in order to save face.

he couldn't go back and stop testing becuase no one would believe his motives were legit.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
If you recall....Floyd's former stance before Manny was that all he cared about was the ends boxing afforded him. He didn't care about the sport itself, the fighters or legacy. All he cared about was his how many commas are in his check.

Floyd shed light on PED's in a way that is very suspect given his "change of heart" with how he feels about the sport and all the sudden wanting to "clean it up".

It's funny that Floyd called his tests...Olympic style testing when it wasn't. He cleverly branded his watered down tests that USADA created in conjunction with Floyd's input, as "Olympic" to add some credibility to the new tests.

The whole hard line on Blood testing all the way up the fight was odd but moreso his stance on only testing for training camp.

Fighting only one time a year.....if that leaves 12 or more months that are open to do whatever....with regards to this topic it's a bit suspect due to how athletes cycle on and off their PED's.

If you were cheating on your wife and you had a buddy in the Police Dept who could work with you on coming up with a way to beat or manipulate the lie detector test...that would be the perfect cover to come out looking like your shit don't stink when in reality, you're covered in shit.

Again....not that Floyd is a cheat...but it's a little suspect.
Floyd will say whatever will suit him the most at the time, he genuinely seems to have some feeling about the testing as you can see with a few of the video clips wherein he is talking about fighters being hurt in the ring due to cheating

However he's not some moral authority, he asked Pacquiao to take tests, probably just as leverage in negotiations, Pacquiao, I think, unexpectedly refused

So Floyd jumped on it, and jumped on it hard, and created a campaign to clean up the sport, along with GBP, because it served his interests at the time

My point is, if you are a man who is juicing himself, I very much doubt you do that, because I certainly wouldn't

You just don't draw attention to something illegal that you yourself are doing, it's like, the number one rule in getting away with things
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #37
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Not if you were trying to duck a fight and didn't want to come out and say the words..."I don't want to fight this kid".

By Floyd making it seem as though PAC was a cheater based on nothing more than Manny being successful wasn't strong enough for people to get behind this excuse...

But by putting on a cape and being the "savior" of boxing and caring enough to want to "clean up the sport"...well...that changes the excuse into a "MOVEMENT".....a very admirable movement for some who are just scratching the surface of this situation.

This whole "MOVEMENT" snow balled for Floyd...he originally came up with the testing protocol for PAC....but when the PAC fight fell through the first time he had to continue on with the "MOVEMENT" in order to save face.

he couldn't go back and stop testing becuase no one would believe his motives were legit.
Check

1. My last post

2. The previous one - How would Floyd know Manny would have a problem with the testing?

It was likely just a negotiation tactic, that then became a PR war and probably a quite real suspicion in Floyds head

But if he suggested testing and Pac said yes, then Floyd would be in trouble
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #38
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 248
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
He has clearly done more to bring the subject to the fore than anybody else in the sport, whether you think he did it out of fear or not is not the issue
Again, though, the only reason he is more associated with the PEDs issue is because he has to answer for his rationale in not taking the Pacquiao fight.

It's no like he's held any awareness campaigns, partnered with USADA or any other testing bodies or panels of Medical Experts to educate the public on the real reasons why OSDT is crucial in the sport, or donated a portion of his more than ample earnings to technologies and methods of catching illegal substances.

He simply made the demand and has been quoted as such on it. Again, he has done nothing more than Berto or Peterson. He's just been quoted more often on it and was the first to do so in the spotlight.

I might also add he's not even the first to request. Tyson requested it of Holyfield in their fight. So does that Make Tyson the saviour of Boxing?
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #39
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 248
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post

2. The previous one - How would Floyd know Manny would have a problem with the testing?
Well I think we know how that would've played out. Floyd's next move would have been to haggle over the split (like he has decided to do in the present now that Pacquiao is on record saying he will consent to the testing).

Not that I really think Pac wanted the fight either, and we KNOW Arum sure as hell doesn't want it.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

He did not just request. He made a point of mentioning it in every interview, he had shirts manufactured

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Every other day he would say 'we're trying to clean up the sport of boxing'

What's with this strawman argument that I am somehow declaring Floyd the saviour of boxing

The point is Floyd for the past half-decade, has been consistently vocal about drug testing, and actively pushed for it in all his fights, and gone on record multiple, multiple, multiple times, encouraging all other fighters to do the same (This all went hand in hand with accusations toward Pacquiao)

Why he did all the above, is irrelevent, the fact is he himself chose to do all of the above

These do not seem like the actions of someone who was trying to hide he was using PEDS
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #41
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Well I think we know how that would've played out. Floyd's next move would have been to haggle over the split (like he has decided to do in the present now that Pacquiao is on record saying he will consent to the testing).

Not that I really think Pac wanted the fight either, and we KNOW Arum sure as hell doesn't want it.
That's definitely a possibility, but then bringing up the tests would be a moot issue, and taking them in all his subsequent fights would have made no sense if he was using (and does nothing to save face considering them not fighting, and would do even less if he was caught)

Neither of them are fussed about fighting eachother, but I really can't see how a man who was roiding would ever ever, ever think of bringing the issue of drug testing to the public domain, for whatever reason, as being caught would spell absolute ruin for his career
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #42
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 248
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Neither of them are fussed about fighting eachother, but I really can't see how a man who was roiding would ever ever, ever think of bringing the issue of drug testing to the public domain, for whatever reason
Do you really, honestly think Peterson and Berto didn't know what they were doing? Berto was emphatic after the Ortiz fight about how he "knew" Ortiz was on the juice for their fight. Then he went and hired Conte right afterwards. Why do you think that is?

Fact of the matter is, they thought they were smart enough to evade the testing protocols, and were it not for the fact it fell under VADA instead of USADA, who knows to this day if we'd even be aware of it.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #43
leone25
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Yes
leone25 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #44
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Floyd will say whatever will suit him the most at the time, he genuinely seems to have some feeling about the testing as you can see with a few of the video clips wherein he is talking about fighters being hurt in the ring due to cheating

However he's not some moral authority, he asked Pacquiao to take tests, probably just as leverage in negotiations, Pacquiao, I think, unexpectedly refused

So Floyd jumped on it, and jumped on it hard, and created a campaign to clean up the sport, along with GBP, because it served his interests at the time

My point is, if you are a man who is juicing himself, I very much doubt you do that, because I certainly wouldn't

You just don't draw attention to something illegal that you yourself are doing, it's like, the number one rule in getting away with things
I agree the whole "clean up boxing" campaigned served Floyd's interest...GBP aligned themselves with Floyd because it made smart business sense.

How can you not draw attention to yourself when your a man like Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather? Floyd isn't "Joe Blow" from around the way. Floyd's addicted to attention....his actions wouldn't fit the mold of someone like you or I in a similar type situation.

PAC did agree to additional testing all the way up to the fight. The problem was Floyd and USADA's hardline requirement of blood testing right up to the day of the fight. PAC wasn't cool with that...and the rest is history.

The problem with that is "WHY" Floyd wanted blood testing all the way up to the fight? It's not necessary....it doesn't increase chances of identifying any particular drug that urine analysis can't trace.

Ask yourself how all these athletes who have we know have been doping over the years been caught? It wasn't blood tests.....The reason that WADA's testing protocol along with other organizations like the NBA and NFL do urine analysis 90% of the time is because it's the most effective and efficient way to catch someone who has performance enhancing drugs in their system. It's also more cost effective.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #45
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd mayweather juicing yes or no one word!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Check

1. My last post

2. The previous one - How would Floyd know Manny would have a problem with the testing?

It was likely just a negotiation tactic, that then became a PR war and probably a quite real suspicion in Floyds head

But if he suggested testing and Pac said yes, then Floyd would be in trouble
Problem is PAC had said yes.....but then we got the whole Blood testing hang up from Floyd...the racial insults....the accusations and multiple excuses why he can't fight. Based on the track record from Floyd....chances are that God himself couldn't get Floyd to agree to fight PAC. Floyd was always prepared to strategically insert a well placed hurdle in the direct path of this dream fight to ensure it never comes off.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013