Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Or do you realize Broner would kill Gamboa?

#teamPrinceN
Mayweather
Ward
Broner
Canelo

keeping an eye on Keith Thurman

also support #themoneyteam & #teamAlHaymon

Last edited by PrinceN; 11-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Yes I would.

I have followed Gamboa since his German days.

What do you mean Gamboa would get killed? It would be even fight.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,004
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Ponce de Leon thinks otherwise
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Yes I would.

I have followed Gamboa since his German days.

What do you mean Gamboa would get killed? It would be even fight.
Gamboa would get killed KO'd we have seen cab drivers knock down Gamboa. Broner is just to big and too skilled for Gamboa.
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Lindley
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Love Gamboa, but he still has not gotten to the popularity level he needs to be at. A fight between these two would be great for fans, but not for dollars. I also think that Broner will move on to the larger (sized) opponents in the junior welter and welter weight divisions. He's got a crop of good guys to potentially face - Rios, Gesta, Marguez. And he's young. If Gamboa starts fighting more and beats some top fighters, then that would make the meeting of these two inevitable.
Lindley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Yes, but I would much, much rather see him against the other 2 he has recently called out: Burns and/or JMM.

Gamboa would be a very tough match up, an even if he won, it will just be "a good big man beats a good small man".
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

hell yeah. bring on broner diggity
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Gamboa is a more complete fighter. It's anybody's fight but his footwork allows him to be much more dynamic than Broner offensively and would allow him to compete evenly when attempting to control the pace and distance.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Gamboa is a more complete fighter. It's anybody's fight but his footwork allows him to be much more dynamic than Broner offensively and would allow him to compete evenly when attempting to control the pace and distance.
have you seen Gamboa's defense? And what about the weight difference?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Broner should buy a gun if he gonna win
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
have you seen Gamboa's defense? And what about the weight difference?
I've seen Gamboa get careless and get dropped on flash knockdowns, have you seen him block and slip punches fluidly the other 99% of the time? He's defensively on point when he fights responsibly, and even though Broner could drop him, I'd be surprised if Broner could finish someone as fleet-footed as Gamboa. But he'd have to hit Gamboa flush first, more than once, and that's where the issue really lies.

The weight difference matters, but only if Boner connects. Gamboa would probably try and turn & go in and out on Broner, who's wide stance doesn't allow him to hit on the move consistently. Salido would likely give Broner a run for his money if not beat him, and Gamboa handled him well. DeLeon also showed a lot of weaknesses in Broner's stance, and Gamboa never ran into those problems when purposefully out-boxing DeLeon.

He's simply more proven and more versatile. I wouldn't be shocked if Broner pulled off the win by throwing straight powerful punches and setting traps for Gamboa, but I see no reason to be convinced that Broner is going to murder this guy based off of stoppages to the likes of Eloy Perez, Escobedo, and DeMarco.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
FinalBELL
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

I would like to see Gamboa face anyone at this point.
FinalBELL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
10oz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I've seen Gamboa get careless and get dropped on flash knockdowns, have you seen him block and slip punches fluidly the other 99% of the time? He's defensively on point when he fights responsibly, and even though Broner could drop him, I'd be surprised if Broner could finish someone as fleet-footed as Gamboa. But he'd have to hit Gamboa flush first, more than once, and that's where the issue really lies.

The weight difference matters, but only if Boner connects. Gamboa would probably try and turn & go in and out on Broner, who's wide stance doesn't allow him to hit on the move consistently. Salido would likely give Broner a run for his money if not beat him, and Gamboa handled him well. DeLeon also showed a lot of weaknesses in Broner's stance, and Gamboa never ran into those problems when purposefully out-boxing DeLeon.

He's simply more proven and more versatile. I wouldn't be shocked if Broner pulled off the win by throwing straight powerful punches and setting traps for Gamboa, but I see no reason to be convinced that Broner is going to murder this guy based off of stoppages to the likes of Eloy Perez, Escobedo, and DeMarco.
this
10oz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

broner likes to fight at close range and against gamboa, this is not a good idea. also the difference in speed is obvious. broner will have a hard time with this
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Infinite
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do Gamboa fans still want to see Gamboa vs Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBELL View Post
I would like to see Gamboa face anyone at this point.
Just what I was about to post. I just want to see this guy back in the ring!
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013