Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #256
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Green vs Cameron RBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Green let him off the hook so many times. pretty ugly fight but all in all entertaining.

Hope Green retires now, he looked awful tonight.
They both did look crap
i mean what a shit fight!!!!
pourya is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #257
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
The blatant holding behind the back of the head and hitting was going on the entire fight, ref didnt do a thing.
Yes its cause danny pays for his bills!
shit fight, danny green cant do that shit if he fights overseas
he is a waste of time, as i predicted cameron was going to be weigh drained and slow- Spot on!
pourya is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #258
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Green should fight Ola Afolabi, he'll murder green
Green will not fight anyone that can hurt him
he fought cameron, cameron was weight drain and lets be honest, cameron is ****en slow- he telegraphs his punches

he will only fight guys like roy jones who have a name but are almost finished and that also back fired when he fought tarver or will get bigger guys to cut down to danny weight!!
pourya is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #259
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Did Greeny's brother get verbally abused by Hyder at any time during the night ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #260
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
virtually a lightheavyweight, he just beat the 8th best heavyweight in the world. truelly a REMARKABLE feat.
Truly sad state of the Heavyweight division when Cameron is rated anywhere near the top 40
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #261
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1400

Scored the fight 115-113 to Green who definitely finished stronger

My views on the fight

What a scrappy fight too much holding by both blokes, heaps of fouling it wasn't very exciting. I'd have deducted points off Green for a few of his punching after the break. He must have done it 4 times.

Green did not fight at all like I expected I thought he'd be on his bike most of the time trying to pick him apart from the outside. It was quite the opposite he was working him quite well on the inside. When they had a bit of space Cameron was getting the better of the exchanges most of the fight I thought.

There were plenty of close rounds but how the **** can Green win 119-109? That was a bit of a joke, the commentators were riding Greens **** the whole fight too. After round 9 the commentators were going on and on about how Cameron unofficially needed a Knock out. If he took those last 3 rounds he'd have won he was just too fatigued.

I think Cameron was trying to pace himself a bit, he probably wasn't too sure if he'd be able to go the distance. In the end he was too ****ed anyway I suppose he should have just gone for it.

I'm not sure if the extra 5lbs would have changed the result, but Cameron @ 215lbs would absolutely rape Green so I don't know how anyone could suggest that this fight makes Cameron a poor Heavyweight he's easily top 40 thats for sure.

1 Cameron
2 Cameron
3 Green
4 Green
5 Cameron
6 Green
7 Cameron
8 Cameron
9 Green
10 Green
11 Green
12 Green
james5000 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #262
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Spent about 5 minutes congratulating everyone, and kept cutting the announcer off to come back to congratulate even more people, and even his new pets, etc.
A bit funny in a knobby sort of way. Green gets pumped up and adrenalin overblown more than any other fighter I've seen. Nothing bad about it. It entertained the crowd, and he paid respect ot Cameron. All good in my books.

Entertaining first half of the fight, kinda waned in the 2nd half. I had it 10 rounds to 2 to Green.
Thank ****. Well said. A rational post, not trying to speculate the shit out of things with massive negativity towards green.

Great win to Green who used tactics no one would have guessed, getting on the inside and out muscling the bigger man. Risky too since you leave yourself open to short hard uppercuts you wouldn't see coming.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #263
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
danny has proved what a true warrior he is.

virtually a lightheavyweight, he just beat the 8th best heavyweight in the world. truelly a REMARKABLE feat.

overcoming a broken nose in the 3rd round, danny bashed cameron while barely being able to breath for the rest of the fight.

u HATERS now admit, nobody can question greens COURAGE!!!!!!!!!

yep. hes got guts.

im so glad the little fiddler midget didnt get any ko pics of green to post. TC is such a jealous little weasel, with dick size issues.....

Last edited by swingin; 11-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #264
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Spent about 5 minutes congratulating everyone, and kept cutting the announcer off to come back to congratulate even more people, and even his new pets, etc.
A bit funny in a knobby sort of way. Green gets pumped up and adrenalin overblown more than any other fighter I've seen. Nothing bad about it. It entertained the crowd, and he paid respect ot Cameron. All good in my books.

Entertaining first half of the fight, kinda waned in the 2nd half. I had it 10 rounds to 2 to Green.
Tend to agree, with all of it.

Green was pretty cagey, but too much dirty shit for me. Lots of elbows, head butts, and way too much holding. ****.
Green had a good plan though and stuck to it, continually coming out in bursts kept Cameron on red alert.

Cameron had some good moments, but was a pretty frustrated by Greens cuddling.
I don't think the 5lbs had much to do with the result, but as someone else said if Cameron came in at HW, he'd knock the shit from Green, rightly so too I guess.

Overall, not a bad performance by both guys, who I regard as plodding robots. Green was less robotic than Cameron though.

I also won $200, and I still don't like Green much.

Oh, I was right in that the fight was competitive, but wrong in that it wasn't as competitive as I thought.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #265
Onemangang

It was a very entertaining battle, Green and Cameron both gave it all they had, the more talented athlete won.
Onemangang is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #266
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemangang View Post
It was a very entertaining battle, Green and Cameron both gave it all they had, the more talented athlete won.

and one for the avatar...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #267
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I cleaned up along with leftjabdanny on Green winning by points.

I had $100 on it at $5.50 Tuesday, than when i read an article where Johnny Lewis said there's no way it's going the distance, someone is getting knocked out, I went and had an extra $100 on at $6.50 Wednesday morning.

Thanks Lewis you ding bat

Worst judge in the business
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #268
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Cameron is the 8th best heavyweight in the world??
Based on what exactly?? Barry Michael's commentary??
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #269
The Spider

vCash:

Glad the publican paid for that fight and not me. It did cost me 4 pots though.

One ugly fight. A hard fought but unexceptional win by Green, and definitely time for him to hang them up.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #270
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

This is where the problem lies with Green & Mandy............good win for Danny I only read the round updates on here & cheers for that, saw the highlights on the news today.........ugly style of brawl but still a good win for him......but spare me the bullshit of Cameron being a top ranked heavyweight & how Danny out muscled a top world rated heavyweight when he came in at the cruiser limit........this is why people don't support these two like they supported Fenech, Harding & Tzsyu.......lets keep in perspective people.
roscoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum