boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting


vBookie Event: Quigg vs. Munroe II (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Quigg vs. Munroe II (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Scott Quigg 1/2 (0.50) 16 9823 WIN!
Rendall Munroe 12/5 (2.40) 16 7190  
Draw 28/1 (28.00) 11 1837  
Over 9.5 rounds 2/9 F (0.22) 3 2499  
Under 9.5 rounds 14/5 (2.80) 5 556 WIN!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,876
vCash: 40950
Default Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,964
vCash: 103333
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

I had Munroe winning 2.5 rounds before the match was halted, but too bad you can tell from what the commentators were talking that they wanted Scott to win. All too common for UK to root for their own you know what. I expect them to do the same tomorrow with Munroe to do all the work outworking Scott with scott firing some shots here and there and get called brillant boxing and wins a decision.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,876
vCash: 40950
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,876
vCash: 40950
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
I had Munroe winning 2.5 rounds before the match was halted, but too bad you can tell from what the commentators were talking that they wanted Scott to win. All too common for UK to root for their own you know what. I expect them to do the same tomorrow with Munroe to do all the work outworking Scott with scott firing some shots here and there and get called brillant boxing and wins a decision.
Both are Brits.

...or are you making a race thing out of it?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,964
vCash: 103333
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Both are Brits.

...or are you making a race thing out of it?
Haha was I that obvious?
Well boxing is a lot more race driven than other sport imo. You can find examples just read some of the stuff here.

I don't really care if people root solely on the fighter's skin, i just want to try to capitalize on it.

Back to the fight.... I could be wrong, but i think Munroe would have to dominate every round to have a chance to win or a ko. Every close round will go to scott. Skin+undefeated record is a tough combo to win over by decision. This is not to say that Scott couldn't completely whoop Munroe's ass too but rather if it is close, scott will get it.

But, hey i may be overthinking it.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,876
vCash: 40950
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Haha was I that obvious?
Well boxing is a lot more race driven than other sport imo. You can find examples just read some of the stuff here.

I don't really care if people root solely on the fighter's skin, i just want to try to capitalize on it.

Back to the fight.... I could be wrong, but i think Munroe would have to dominate every round to have a chance to win or a ko. Every close round will go to scott. Skin+undefeated record is a tough combo to win over by decision. This is not to say that Scott couldn't completely whoop Munroe's ass too but rather if it is close, scott will get it.

But, hey i may be overthinking it.
Valid points. The binman is a bit of a working class hero in the UK, though. He might just get the benefit of the doubt - and that's assuming it's close.

They've got the sort of match-up where one might impose his style on the other - and then roles could get reversed at any time. A lot of very clear rounds to score, swinging back and forth (or staying one way).

That's sort of how it began to shape up last time. Munroe early, then Quigg coming on if I remember correctly.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North West England
Posts: 444
vCash: 75
Default Re: Scott Quigg vs. Rendall Munroe II

It all depends on whether Munroe's ******brow opens up again. And in what round if it does
DeMarco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015