Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Will Geale still want a piece of Golovkin?

After yesterdays performance will Geale's camp want to go down the road of fighting Golovkin or will they chase a safer fight?
I know some posters on this forum weren't sold on Golovkin but after yesterday I think he showed he is more substance than hype.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Will Geale still want a piece of Golovkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
After yesterdays performance will Geale's camp want to go down the road of fighting Golovkin or will they chase a safer fight?
I know some posters on this forum weren't sold on Golovkin but after yesterday I think he showed he is more substance than hype.
I don't think it will happen. In saying that I hope it gets made.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

So Golovkin beating up an opponent that is just as if not worse than his last one, is going to scare Geale? This is reaching a ridiculous point. Since when in boxing does a guy who beats up low ranked fighters in a division below him be called a monster? The guy is good but the fact remains that he is yet to fight even a B level middleweight (which Proksa was not BTW).
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

dont underestimate geales ability and desire ggg needs to prove he is a champion geale already has
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #5
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Geale will want big bucks for losing his belt
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #6
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Geale gave up a belt to avoid GGG, said he would win it back from him but truth is they will NEVER put Geale in with GGG, they will come up with every excuse under the sun, not big enough, not enough money, belt hasnt been polished blah blah blah..

Meaningful fights make legacys, Geales will be one of ducking a fighter such as GGG, if im wrong ill be the first to admit it but GGG knocks Geale silly for 6 and this is why they will never fight him.

Mundine fight is over, what are they waiting for? Not even a peep about fighting GGG because they simply do not want to fight the guy. He is not over rated, GGG is the Real Deal.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #7
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ask this fella....but leave it 'til tomorrow, when he'll be in less discomfort
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 AM   #8
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

GGG still unproven at the top level. That KO of a fairly average LMW means nothing really. He might be good but let's wait and see first. Geales style might be all wrong for him.
kel is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 03:19 AM   #9
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Geale gave up a belt to avoid GGG, said he would win it back from him but truth is they will NEVER put Geale in with GGG, they will come up with every excuse under the sun, not big enough, not enough money, belt hasnt been polished blah blah blah..

Meaningful fights make legacys, Geales will be one of ducking a fighter such as GGG, if im wrong ill be the first to admit it but GGG knocks Geale silly for 6 and this is why they will never fight him.

Mundine fight is over, what are they waiting for? Not even a peep about fighting GGG because they simply do not want to fight the guy. He is not over rated, GGG is the Real Deal.
Use your ****ing head and stop trolling. You know damn well what they are waiting for.
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #10
Gorilla Arms
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

simpleton
Gorilla Arms is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #11
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Geale & Team know exactly where they're at and where they're going, and ain't gonna let any world organisation push them around. So called “World” title is simply insignificant these days. TV networks & promoters make things happen, and WBC, WBA, IBF etc etc can shove Mandatory, Voluntary or whatever defence up their arse.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #12
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
We all love gealey but so far he wants no part of ggg. It's pretty easy to see.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 AM   #13
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
this!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
I'm pretty sure Geale will want to secure his family's future financially before he entertaines any idea of allowing GGG a pop at him , ****ing know I would , and anyone saying any different gotta have a large rock where their brain should be , Geale has sacrificed a lot to get himself into the position he is in now and anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of the sport must admit one needs payment for that .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Use your ****ing head and stop trolling. You know damn well what they are waiting for.
So hows that explain why he ducked GGG to fight Mundine IF they think he can so easly defeat the so called over rated GGG.

Fact is they dont over rate GGG and consider him a more than moderate threat. 2 belts are better than one and if you want a legacy then look no further than a guy like KT who dominated his division and unifyed the belts. Cant say the same about Geale now can we.

I agree in what he has done, i was the first one to say he should fight Mundine and avoid GGG at all cost, then Grange come on and said it wont happen/Hell froze over etc. But when you get Geale fans saying that Geale can topple GGG no worries then one must point out the overwhelming evidence that suggests otherwise.

They will never put him in with GGG, they gave up a belt to avoid fighting him so dont hold your breath that this fight will happen anytime soon, the only way Geale gets the WBA belt back is if GGG moves up a division and the belt is vacated. Geale wont win another WT for a very long time if he wins another one at all.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum