Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Consu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Default Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Berto has all the attributes in his side: Harder puncher, stronger and physically more talented. Maybe even techinically better? And Guerrero coming two divisions up in weight.. He is lacking punching power..

But guess what?

I have a feeling that Berto isn't smart enough to beat this guy. Every move Guerrero makes there's a plan. Every move his opponent makes he has an anwer for it. His ability to adapt his game is amazing. Tactically he is such a genius fighter and I don't know how he will beat Berto but I'm pretty sure he will.

Just having a feeling.. What do you think guys? Hope we get a good fight!

Guerrero making his
Consu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

I wouldn't bet a dime on this fight. I'm a bit worried for Guerrero though.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,133
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

ill do a avatar bet with anyone, im going with berto by tko. robert want outsmart anything tonight, he is a blown up lightweight, no power and his speed is so so. berto bigger, stronger, faster, more explosive and the better talent and athlete. will brake down the ghost and or stop him clean with his lead right or counter hook.

im super confident in this fight any bets anyone ? i had this avatar since i joined the site.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,378
vCash: 462
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

THis is really a 50/50 fight. Berto has been hurt by light hitters before, and he always fights the wrong fight(albeit almost always exciting) Could Berto bomb him out? Sure. Could he also lose some exciting exchanges and get outboxed? Sure.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Zone
Posts: 5,770
vCash: 1195
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
ill do a avatar bet with anyone, im going with berto by tko. robert want outsmart anything tonight, he is a blown up lightweight, no power and his speed is so so. berto bigger, stronger, faster, more explosive and the better talent and athlete. will brake down the ghost and or stop him clean with his lead right or counter hook.

im super confident in this fight any bets anyone ? i had this avatar since i joined the site.
I think you're probably right.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,133
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
I think you're probably right.
aint no way the ghost gone ortiz berto or even collazo him. i damn sure dont see it has a 50/50 fight either like someone else said. i think it will be a good scrap until robert gets hit with berto's money punch and then that will be the beginning of the end for him.

anything can happen but from what i know about boxing i would be surprised if this fight went all 12 and even more surprised if robert won the fight. it might have been 50/50 if berto would have fought k9 at jr mw but the ghost at ww is 65-35 favor berto if you ask me.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
KasperLokz13
Aztec Warrior
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Los
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

bertos boxing ability is getting underrated.
KasperLokz13 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Consu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
berto bigger, stronger, faster, more explosive and the better talent and athlete.
That's the point! Berto has all the advantages. When you look that list it gives Berto a HUGE edge. He should win this.

But I can't fight against feeling that it's not the whole truth in this game. It's not about what you got. It's what you CAN. Guerrero will outsmart him. I don't know how he does it but....

Guerreros ability to adapt his game is masterful
Consu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
brown-bomber
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
Berto has all the attributes in his side: Harder puncher, stronger and physically more talented. Maybe even techinically better? And Guerrero coming two divisions up in weight.. He is lacking punching power..

But guess what?

I have a feeling that Berto isn't smart enough to beat this guy. Every move Guerrero makes there's a plan. Every move his opponent makes he has an anwer for it. His ability to adapt his game is amazing. Tactically he is such a genius fighter and I don't know how he will beat Berto but I'm pretty sure he will.

Just having a feeling.. What do you think guys? Hope we get a good fight!

Guerrero making his
I have exactly the same feeling. Not every fight goes to the fighter who's a favourite, this could be one of them.

Guerrero may have been talking alot for that payday, but heck he is to fight Andre Berto who is a top Welterweight. He's got some courage.

Also, I don't want to see Berto winning as he is steroid cheat.
brown-bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,089
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
Berto has all the attributes in his side: Harder puncher, stronger and physically more talented. Maybe even techinically better?

Absolutely not.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,133
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
That's the point! Berto has all the advantages. When you look that list it gives Berto a HUGE edge. He should win this.

But I can't fight against feeling that it's not the whole truth in this game. It's not about what you got. It's what you CAN. Guerrero will outsmart him. I don't know how he does it but....

Guerreros ability to adapt his game is masterful
i think better is just better. but we can all agree to disagree. ill be back in this thred after the fight to say i told you so or vice versa
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 12,966
vCash: 588
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Yeah, I think he will. Berto is very overrated, and has some very questionable whiskers. I wouldn't be shocked if Guerrero starched him.
Zakman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Consu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
i think better is just better. but we can all agree to disagree. ill be back in this thred after the fight to say i told you so or vice versa
Yeah no hard feelings

gonna be a good fight!
Consu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,089
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Yeah, I think he will. Berto is very overrated, and has some very questionable whiskers. I wouldn't be shocked if Guerrero starched him.


Guerrero may not be as physically strong as Ortiz, but he's a much sharper puncher.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 27,762
vCash: 0
Default Re: Guerrero will outsmart Berto

Robert to pull a "Calzaghe" on Lacy 2.0??
Hatesrats is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013